Knew about bitcoin for years way before it blew up

>knew about bitcoin for years way before it blew up
>underagedfag at the time
>would only get allowance to buy food at school
>no credit card
>finally get credit card with some money in it years later
>bitcoin prices go through the roof
Feel like at this point it's just too late to even get in this. I can't even tell with all the shilling from both sides if it will rocket or just crash down.

BTC is dying go all in ETH

And why would I invest in Ethereum? Not being cynical, unironically curious

33% ETH 33% JNT 33% LINK 1% DOGE

if you had actually been following crypto for years you would already know why

How much money would you recommend investing as a beginner? Is around $100 a barely manageable start? I'm in uni gotta save all the money I can right now

you need to lurk more.

boldpure hasn’t started it’s event yet

there’s still time for opportunity

I can only speak for myself, I am about 66 JNT - 33 LINK with about 1500$
Imo around 1k usd is a good number, if it 100xs you will be very happy, whereas with 100 usd if it 100xs you will be kinda miffed you didnt put more in. But everyones mileage varies, for me this money is 2 months of my passive income, if I lose it, that wont be the end of the world.

it is too late to get into BBC right now, unless you had tens of thousands to invest.

you need to do research for some up and coming alternatives, which are likely to gain traction over the next 6-12 months instead, which will be cheaper for you and increase your returns on anything you invest.

*BTC not BBC obviously

should say, I'm new to crypto too. I've learnt a lot in the last 6 weeks

What coins have you invested in recently besides BTC?

because of smart contracts. ethereum is the standard in smart contract. heavily used by dapps, decentralized applications running on the blockchain. if you don't know what a blockchain is go search it on youtube. one problem however is scalability, but ethereum developers are actively working on solving that, it's on their roadmap. cryptokitties is an example of the kind of apps it runs. but it can do all kinds of useful stuff look up smart contracts. bitcoin meanwhile is just a currency, and it may be replaced with faster and cheaper currencies in the future. investing in ethereum would not be a dumb move.

>Feel like at this point it's just too late to even get in this

You see OP, with this shit mentality you wouldn't have bought BTC back then

however it already has a relatively high market cap compared to cheaper coins. now that i see you only have a hundred dollars i'm thinking ethereum may not be the investment you want

I have around $1100 right now I think. I don't work, been really busy with uni. I can invest more than $100, I was just wondering if beginning with $100 and then investing a bit more each month would be a sensible start for a poorfag.

yeah you might want to start small and make some trades, get a feel for trading. before going all in. throw at least 200 in there though i think

Alright. Gonna look into ETH right now considering it's cheaper. Gonna wait out on bitcoin for maybe 3-4 days to see if it drops.

I would have. I'm still gonna invest it's just a shitty feeling knowing this ship has sailed a while ago. Hopefully some other cryptocurrency will rocket soon.

Legit looked at it the first year it came out. Fell into the l, "this is clearly for drugs/illegal shit , better not touch" mentality. God damn it, went to college then and every second student was using it to buy drugs. Initial thoughts confirmed. Few of them got raided. Yeah good call dude I smugly thought. Fast forward 3 years. Agggghhhhh you fuckin pussy !!

I'm currently have 800 LINK and 100 REQ. Gonna bump both up to 2000 over the next month

the main issue you'll have starting out is fees if you are margin trading, and not holding. I started off with £500 ETH and traded with BCH and BTC. I would be up £200 roughly apart from the fees.

The second main issue you'll have is that some coins you cannot buy straight with Fiat. You'll have to buy BTC or ETH on Coinbase for cash, then transfer to Binance or wherever as BTC or ETH, and then buy your coin of choice, so you'll get him with 2 to 3 fees before getting where you want to be.

Alright will keep it in mind. Trying to sign up to GDAX right now but the verification is being a real pain in the ass.

no thats not my point. it has a high market cap. invest in it for now. because ethereum is a sure thing. but sometimes mid or quick or long term gains best served with a small market cap coin investment. however you've got to pick the right low market cap coin or "shitcoin" as they're often called. link has a lower market cap for example but when it moons depends on some things, maybe soon maybe in a couple years. some coins might moon tomorrow. it's hard to call sometimes. watch out for pump and dumps. check coin events and read news. and learn trend analysis but dont rely too heavily on it. the order books are mostly bullshit you'll see, damn bots. but learn to read them anyways, they're maybe 15% useful

see cause the lower the market cap the more room to grow. coinmarketcap.com to see a list

don't listen to him, ethereum is the most overvalued coin in the entire top 100, it's oudated technologically platform that got 1st mover advantage

This was probably one of the most helpful posts I've read so far. Thanks I really appreciate it. Gonna read up just a bit more before I invest my $200.

missing bitcoin feels lucky, but once you also miss ethereum you can rest content knowing you didn't really "miss" bitcoin, you never had the ability to see what cryptocurrency truly meant. which means at this point you might as well wish you invested in a winning lottery ticket

Verify through coinbase and it will carry over to gdax

Yeah I went to coinbase and it said it was verified. GDAX still hasn't though. Probably loaded servers right now.

Cardano or EOS will put a dagger in its back this year

>that Freudian slip

I put $100 in AntShares at $8 and it didn't even fucking matter. $1k minimum.

I am kind of in the same situation, currently working as a student and I put in everything I can. Also mining because I built my PC around a year ago and got a 1070 for ~$350.

We can make it, user. It's just going to be harder. And don't ever think about what if's. The best moment to invest was 2009. The second best moment is now.

being cheap or expensive doesn't matter. it's realtivel to percentages.

You can buy 100,0000 TEL but or .000000001 BTC, but 1% growth is still 1% growth.

I turned down a total of 500 bitcoin in my life and the chance to mine it back in 2012

Please don't say that, it hurt just reading it.