LINK is the EOS killer.

Chainlink has:

1. No transaction fees
2. Can scale to millions tx/s
3. Is Ethereum’s #1 competitor
4. Was created by Dan Larimer
5. Partnered with Google co-founder Eric Schmidt

How can EOS compete?

they're trying to build a network of node operators and need to keep the token cheap to achieve that.

No you idiot they have 350000000 tokens reserved for that

that's not enough.

Yes it is you fag

Muh lines

18 decimals

nope. why do you think sergey talked about how things that used to cost millions only costs thousands today? he doesn't want the cost of creating a node to be more expensive than it has to be, initially. think of how many people would be excluded from his network if link already cost $10 or more.

!!!WARNING!!!
DO NOT BUY IN NOW
THEY STAND READY
youtube.com/watch?v=61Q6wWu5ziY

you dont need link to run a node
at least inform yourself before spouting your shit

yes you do.

no you dont, read the whitepaper and watch the conference from yd

also kys

read it. definitely need link to run a node.

that was fucking awesome

What's the entry point?

dont waste your time he is obviously retarded

and you're able to bid on contracts or pay penalties without having any link?

YOU DONT NEED LINK TO RUN A NODE YOU FUCKING RETARD
IF YOU WANT TO USE A NODE SOMEONE IS RUNNING YOU NEED TO PAY HIM IN LINK THAT IS ALL
SIRGAY SAID THAT THEY ARE "PLANNING" TO USE THE TOKEN AS IN THE WHITEPAPER BUT YOU CAN JUST PAY PEOPLE WITH WHAT THE FUCK YOU WANT

THE TOKEN IS SHIT AND USELESS AS IT IS

youtube.com/watch?v=faa4N0LdiTU

looks like a bear flag
I expect 6000 sats tomorrow

common misconception. actually, you need link to run a node.

yes, great souce it sure kills my liteal whitepaper screenshot
end yourself

>Doesn't understand how proof of stake works
Hi glow in the dark nolinker

FA > TA (check out buy wall Binance, it will ruin TA if it's not fake)

1W - reminds you of something?

continue.

I don't think it will leg up much again for at least a week

why would he care WHO owns the nodes? are you stupid?
do you really think that it matters what a link costs? most link are in cold wallets only a small amount is being traded
if they were worth 10$ they would only be traded less

ok can someone help me out here. 1) is linkpool legitimate 2) if is set up my own node does it have to be connected in someway to the data source someone is wanting info from or is it kinda of an automated deal where its just running and the smart contract does whatever its supposed to do and all you need is to be connected to the internet

This buy wall could be fake. Placed to fill sell orders.
Let's see what happens when price actually gets to ~7150

the price of link matters to everyone who needs to set up a node. he can't give link to every operator, the rest need to buy it. correct. he doesn't want link traded or hoarded by traders, that's not its purpose.

I don't know why people are so salty about this. If LINK became an ultra volatile speculative asset it would deter people from using the nodes properly. Why would you lock up your LINK in a contract when it could make 10x gains in a week? Sergey doesn't want a handful of early adopter faggots hording the lifeblood of his system, and the huge unreleased stash of tokens will be used to calm the market ie. keep prices reasonably low.

wrong because you dont need link to run a node
the price of the token is completely unrelevant for the entire project
it doesnt matter if you pay 1 link or 10000 to the node operator to get your data in
all that matters is the $ price the operator wants

no.

I believe the correct answer to be that you do not in fact need LINK to run a node. You can bid on assignments that the contract creator does not require any penalty fee / collateral for.
However, to bid on assignments (contracts) that do require a penalty fee, you will obviously need a minimum of enough LINK to fulfill that requirement.
Also, your reputation will be influenced in part by the amount you are staking, so it is certainly beneficial to have LINK and as a result you will be able to secure more lucrative assignments. So basically everyone in this thread was partially right and partially wrong.

the "they need to keep the coin / token cheap cuz of x" FUD

>1W - reminds you of something?
yep a dump in progress after the pump and whales taking their profits

Yea except that guy, he was completely wrong. Fuck that guy

It's not FUD to say the price needs to be stable and sustainable for the system to work. You have to lock away your stake for the duration of the contract.

DELUDED

Shirlocklink in this thread

These are absolutely hilarious.
Lost hard

That's great, but in all actuality, you need link to run a node

it's never been accurate. people said the same thing about ripple when it was 10 cents. and a whole lot of other coins. it's just meaningless FUD babble. there is this thing called decimal places. look it up.

it's being eaten through
just proof that we're having extreme sell pressure, I changed my mind, 5.5k sats or so tomorrow seems more plausible

nice

>he thinks a massive buy wall being eaten is a bear sign

kekusmaximus.jpg

>there is this thing called decimal places. look it up.
Lol what do decimal places have to do with anything? Do you even know what we're talking about?

No, but you can do five minutes of reasearch and find answers to every one of your questions.

This