What is the purpose of hard salami...

What is the purpose of hard salami? To put out in small pieces as hors d'oeuvre or in big slices as a sandwich or something?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/'Nduja
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It started as a means of preserving meat back in the days before refrigerators existed.

But yeah, slice it up and eat it as a snack/appetizer. Put it in sandwiches. You can also use pieces of it to render out cooking fat and make a flavorful base for making a sauce, or for cooking vegetables.

"hard salami"

what the fuck is with white people?

because there's pre packaged lunch meat salami that's big and floppy. So yes, "hard salami" makes sense

Preserved meats are generally not meant to be eaten in large quantities.They were how people survived the winter back before refrigeration. We still eat them because they taste so fucking good. But part of why they taste so good is lots of fat, salt and nitrates. Useful for surviving the winter, but not something to just eat a lot of whenever you feel like.Traditionally people knew that.

>not understanding the concept of history and food preservation

to fellate during idle computer time. was that hard?

I only do this with chorizo, but it would probbably work with salamis. Take off the skin, slice into half centimetre rounds, fry in a pan till the fat renders, use fat to cook diced onions, set crunchy sausage aside and nibble at it whilst coooking other ingredients for whatever youre making, then add back in later. I do that for a paella, gives the onions extra flavor and crispy chorizo chunks are goat in it.

I generally slice it something like a half inch thick and have it with whatever cheese I'm feelin at the moment, right now that's good mozzarella

Appetizer, snack, put in sandwitches, pizzas, meze(bite-size small dishes to accompany alcohol) eat it straight with just bread.

It's cheap and shitty way of eating meat without having to prepare it. People here eat it a lot (the Balkans), but probably not as much as 20 years ago or so

>cheap and shitty

First of all it's delicious, second of all it seems to be pretty expensive over here...

I specified the Balkans. Quality standards for most of these are very low and there are very few expensive types. Majority of the mass-produced and popular stuff is made of really old shitty, hot-dog tier meat, preservatives, food coloring and even flour and starch to make it cheap to produce.

"hard salami" is just salami.

what you're talking is "sliced salami"

psssht

Soppressata, Italian HUNTER SAUSAGE. Hmm, ohhh, yeaah.

2 diced tomatoes. 1 can of beans (optional) olive oil, vinegar or dressing(less optional), salt, pepper, spices, bread and HUNTER SAUSAGE! BON APPETIT!

I eat them as a snack. Also very good in a sandwich. There have times I've put them on a pizza.

>purpose

You're talking about a food that's been around hundreds of years, before the invention of refrigerators, etc. Purpose should be obvious.

That sounds horrible.

That looks like a hybrid potato

>SALUMI

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/'Nduja

traditionally salami was made and dried rock hard, eventually people worked out if you made giant salami they'd still dry out but end up softer in the center and is perfect for eating out of hand.

That shit on a baguette, maybe toss in some cheese I have laying around, perfect snack

Bulgarfag here.
I can confirm most preserved meats here suck ass. I'm lucky enough to have a friend with extended family in the country side and they make excellent beef, pork and horse flat sausage and pastrami every year.

>Burglarfag
Get a job and buy your own meat, Hamburglar

This is the stupidest reply I have received on 4chin and I've been here 8 years.

"hard salami" wtf

this is saucisson dumb cunt

That's not paella you barbarian.

(you)

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of why people say nitrates are bad, the internet can't give me an answer either but everybody seems to believe it.
it's becoming apparent that it's MSG and GMO tier bullshit and only phony organic vegan lobbyist websites perpetuate the myth of their harmfulness

they lower blood pressure and improve circulation, shits good as fuck for you

Nitrates can increase the risk of cancer.
This is common knowledge and a medical fact.

heart health is an immediate risk all humans must deal with, cancer is something only people with shit genetics have to deal with

and?

so since my family of life long over weight, smoking, drinking, red meat eaters all live well into their 90s and remain cancer free.
my take away is that my blood line is not prone to cancer and it's a very low risk for me. Therefore my greatest benefit would be keeping my heart healthy

that's the thing about cancer. If your family is prone to cancer it really doesn't matter what you do, its' very likely you are going to develop it. and if your family isn't prone to cancer you could treat your body like a shit house and it's probably never going to happen.