Steel cut oats cooked in rice cooker.
Irish butter.
Brown sugar
banana
salt

>the current year
>eating literal horse feed

Go to bed, Mr. Ed.

I gotta say my man, it's not visually appealing whatsoever.

its oatmeal. What do you expect?

Veeky Forums pro-tip. oats are a meme trap that offer you no benefit over any other carb source. their legendary status is a fallacy

who said carbs are even good?
You probably think cardio is good too

Veeky Forums is full of shit
there is even misinformation in the sticky.
If you want to go back in time 20 yrs pls frequent Veeky Forums :D

this is a strange looking go za OP. you pass for now

I really want one of those bowls with the indent on the rim to keep your spoon in place

I can't imagine why you would ever need your spoon to be in a special place like that.

Also seems obnoxious to clean, and most likely spot to chip.

for chopsticks. Not spoon

it's not go za, it's curry. there's a difference.

As far as carbs go, they do have a lower glucose index than many other grains.

soluble fiber.

i can only eat oatmeal with sugar tho

No, you choose to.

if you have to specify the butter is irish you should consider suicide

>sugar AND a banana

Nice bowl of diabetes.

That's not a lot of sugar.

I started making oatmeal with chicken stock and a blend of spices, mainly chili powder, garlic and cumin. Shit's delicious and healthier than my usual cocoa powder and stevia.

The average banana has 20g of sugar in it. That's 4 tsp, plus the heap of brown sugar you lumped into it.

I'm finding much lower approximations, though I guess it depends on how ripe the banana is. That said, you don't need to limit your fruit intake nearly as much as added sugar.

Most health orgs recommend 100-200 kcal of added sugar. Which is about 10 teaspoons.

He's still got lots to spare even if he wants dessert later.

>That said, you don't need to limit your fruit intake nearly as much as added sugar.

This is a lie. Fruit is basically pure fructose with minimal amounts of fiber and vitamins. Fructose is exactly the kind of sugar that hits your liver like a shot of alcohol and then gets stored in the form of abdominal fat.

>Most health orgs recommend 100-200 kcal of added sugar. Which is about 10 teaspoons.

Too bad you're already getting too much sugar from non-added sources, like the fucking banana. You don't even know. Things that aren't even SWEET are fucking packed with sugar. It's everywhere. You're maxing out before you even reach for the teaspoon.

Then why is fruit a recommended part of a healthy diet? They even lump it with vegetables most of the time as part of the suggested servings.

>basically pure fructose
Not really. Some apple has 18.9g of sugar, of which 10.7g is fructose. And 4.4g of fibre of a total 25.1g carbs.

>too much sugar from non-added sources
I've never heard anyone say this is a problem.

What are some simple things to add to oatmeal for a quick breakfast that won't taste like literally nothing? I'd prefer to limit the added sugar.

>Oats. Steel cut
>In.
>Nice.
>Butter. Irish. Superb.
>Stir. GENTLY
>On the heat.
>Off the heat.

>Banana. One. Beautiful
>Peel. Slice
>So Simple. Nice
>In.

>Brown Sugeh. Like So.
>Quickly- In. GENTLY

>On the heat
>Off the heat

>Season like so. Just look at it
>Just look at it
>So Simple, So Nice.
>Made at home.
>Hearty. Rustic. Amazin.
>Real food!.

>Fanks Fo Watchin

Anything. That's the beauty of oats, they are a tabula rasa food. Add fruit, broth, spices, butter, beer, etc.

I like to add ground seeds and nuts. They all have interesting flavours, and also add a nice bit of fat and extra fibre/protein.

So stuff like flax meal, hemp hearts, almond meal, etc.

Energy

>Samuel Johnson referred, disparagingly, to this in his dictionary definition for oats: "A grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people." His biographer, James Boswell, noted that Lord Elibank was said by Sir Walter Scott to have retorted, "Yes, and where else will you see such horses and such men?"

>offer you no benefit over any other carb source

Oats have considerable zinc and Vitamin B1, which are rarely found in grains other than barley (for B1) and quinoa (for zinc), especially together

They're also affordable and taste better as a breakfast

grass fed. Much better than normal butter

nice retort

I add a sliced banana, some raisins, some flaxseed meal, and some misc seeds/nuts.

Overnight soak in milk instead of cooking, for preference.

But then it doesn't congeal, you just have wet oats.

Traditional oats done in a porridge of water mixed with a knife full of marmite spread, if there is enough time in the morning a slow poached egg cracked on top.

marmite?

Makes me want to start eating oatmeal again on cold days

I usually add a spoonful of brown sugar and milk or cream, and some thinly sliced banana if it's available. Sometimes I add some brown sugar with a bit of cinnamon at the end and some diced apple.

But if you want to limit added sugar, I would suggest more milk or cream with some strawberries or blueberries. Or any berries at all, really. Oats are savoury and only need a bit of sweetness.

Also make sure you salt the water you cook them in.

Cook them with frozen berries, easiest shit in the world

Yes, bitch. My nigger.

>Fucking up the retort
>"which is why england has such fine horses and scotland has such fine men."

Why are they called steel cut oats as opposed to cut oats or chopped oats? Was there ever a cut oats on the market that was cut with something other than steel?

>I'd prefer to limit the added sugar.
Try date sugar, which is literally dried powdered dates as a sweetener substitute.

A non-American condiment you either love or fucking hate.

perhaps cut with stone

I like peanut butter on it.