Hey Veeky Forums. Fat guy here (230 lbs at 5'11")

Hey Veeky Forums. Fat guy here (230 lbs at 5'11").

I'm fasting this week, to lose weight and help 'reset' an unhealthy relationship with food. I'm also hoping that this will help motivate me to cook challenging and delicious foods when I break fast.

Anyone have any suggestions for what I should cook this Saturday? Anyone else fasting? Pic related, what I'm craving right now.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3374835/
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-8-4
examine.com/faq/do-i-need-to-eat-six-times-a-day-to-keep-my-metabolism-high/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You're going to fail.

Losing weight is a lifestyle change, and doing something like this is literally the worst way to go about it. I bet money you're just going to give up and binge eat. Fatty.

Should have had an inb4. I actually started what you would call a lifestyle change some months ago and have lost a fairly significant amount of weight. I find that fasting keeps me focused and in a way motivated, and I'm able to appreciate the food that I do eat to a greater extent than ever before.

Listen, have the tortilla chips. It's fine, but don't fucking go overboard. The idea is to ween yourself to a reasonable proportion. No point in going cold turkey really, you'll only end up breaking.

Also drinking water helps.

I eat a small meal once a day and prefer the feeling of being fasted now over groggy then hungry 3 hours after I eat 3x a day.

It hurts me to see that 230 at 5'11" is fat. A year ago I was 220 at 5'10". Now I'm down to 150. Stay strong bro

Thanks man, I'm glad to hear you were able to lose so much. I find that I don't do myself any favors trying to justify the weight I'm at, which I guess is why I call myself fat.

I tend to find that if I eat a little, I'll be hungry all day. Oddly if I don't eat at all I have very few hunger pangs after the first day.

a fucking salad you fat piece of fuck

Tortilla chips with ' '?
That's a weird combination.

Cool, what kind?

I'm getting a craving for a salmon fillet with some horseradish mashed potatoes. Too bad I'm poor as shit.

Always start out with soup. Eat slow to get your digestive system a kickstart. Starting heavy always gets me sick and nauseous.

Soups and stews with lots of beans and vegetables. Vegetable beef, navy beans & ham, pasta y fagioli, gumbo. The beans and veg will fill you up with less meat. Pair it with some salads with lighter dressings and some crusty bread for dipping.

A few months ago I was 230 pounds I did the fasting but you must include exercise better to include extensive exercise eat one meal a day at around night time. You will find that when you include exercise into your fasting routine that you will lose weight a lot faster and your body will naturally crave foods that are healthy for you you will be so hungry and your body will be so exhausted that you will eat up veggies and all that other crap. A large part of making it work is awareness and being gentle with yourself while it is true that fasting helps and can be very healthy for you if you keep eating the same Foods in the same portions it will not get better it will get worse good luck op. By the way I'm also 5:11 and right now I weigh 190 pounds

That's why I eat the meal at night and drink black coffee in the morning and water throughout the day. I get hunger pangs sometimes but nothing too bad. You're gonna need to learn to feel hungry unless you're getting all your calories from leafy greens in which case you'll feel like shit because you don't get any fats your brain needs.

You fast to cleanse, not loose weight. It's going to slow your metabolism and actually increase your weight when you start eating food again. You need to stabilize your metabolism by eating more frequent meals instead of 2 or 3 large ones. If you snack every 2-3 hours for a few weeks your metabolism will reset and then you can go back to eating square meals. But they need to be healthy meals at a calorie deficit from whatever your current maintenance level is. Losing weight is like 70% diet. Get that shit in check before you go balls deep into getting more exercise to help you improve further.

>loose
Your mother is loose, user.
The word you are struggling with is 'lose'.
Now given that you are barely fluent in English do you really think anyone is going to take your advice seriously?
You know what to do.

I know exactly what to do; ignore your ass.

What is autocorrect.

Those are the basics of losing weight. If your fatass can't get your mind around it then it's your loss. Stay fat, no skin off my back. Just here to give some facts, not wipe your ass for you.

I fasted for awhile and it was long enough that binge eating would hurt my stomach when I did it, so I can't anymore. My portion control is finally under control.

just get lettuce and whatever veggies you like. No cheese. No croutons. No creamy dressings. Try something like balsamic and olive oil

what if you have a full time job where you can't snack every 2-3 hours. Doesn't sound ideal.

This.

I can only eat 2x a day now because of how much I fucked up my stomach from fasting.

There's always a way.
Stop making excuses, fatty.

the only thing you got right was eating at a deficit. you "cleanse" every time you shit and piss, meal frequency has no impact on your metabolism, and the only way to increase your weight is to eat at a caloric surplus. i probably but got b8'd but you are a fucking goof regardless.

What kind of job do you work where you can't have a small protein bar or a piece of fruit? Obviously it's going to be job dependent, everyone has circumstances where they can or can't do something. I ride a desk full time so it's going to be easier for someone in a field like this. If you're doing construction or a job otherwise where stopping for a few minutes to grab something isn't viable, consider a blended vegetable shake or smoothie or keep something small in your pocket to munch on. The idea is to speed up your metabolism and eating snacks is the best way to do this save for shit like amphetamines.

>meal frequency has no impact on your metabolism

You goofed, all credibility gone.

It doesnt

>230 at 5'11

nigga i'm 210 at 6'0'' and far from fat. Work out at your local gym famalam. It feels good after a while. Or just go for jogs around your neighbourhood for 30 minutes twice a day.

the trainer you jack off too isn't a scientist so you can eat my balls, kid
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3374835/
jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-8-4
examine.com/faq/do-i-need-to-eat-six-times-a-day-to-keep-my-metabolism-high/

Eat plenty of seafood for dinner that's been baked, grilled or sauteed, not fried. Try some blackened salmon or tilapia, or some shrimp with linguine in a garlic-wine sauce with peppers, sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, and capers.

How do people have trouble eating under 2000 calories a day? You could eat like absolute shit and still be under.

Ham sandwich and chips for lunch: 850 kcal

Burger and fries for dinner: 1100 kcal

Wow, so difficult

cause thats only 2 meals sorry i dont eat like a squirrel and actually have an appetite

fuck lettuce, spinach base is superior

Also cabbage.

Make a salad with some grilled seafood.

What people consider as a whole lot or too bloody little when it comes to food is just about the most subjective thing there is.
Using absurdly extreme example, ask a runway model and morbidly obese neckbeard what moderate eating is. I doubt you'll get the same answer from both.