Are energy drinks a meme?

Are energy drinks a meme?

they are what they are... loaded with caffeine and sugar. if you're not used to much caffeine, be fucking careful w those things. they'll give you the shakes.

OG 4loko was pretty dope tho.

sugary toxic waste

Literally satantic. That's not an M on the logo.

NUMBER OF THE BEAST

Best energy drink coming through.

>240 mg caffeine per can

wew

>can literally says '666' in Hebrew script

Ya I dunno user seems like a good idea to drink surely

now this is a hot meme

Please. Stop using the word meme as a replacement for every simple word your brain can't come up with.

Fucking downie.

sorry that legitimate discussion tirggered you. maybe you should try reddit?

Club Mate is the shit. Not as sweet as other drinks and tastes like tea but still great.

I like Rockstar Guava, Monster and Redbull too.

Poison

meme is the new autism cranked up to 100

word has lost all meaning, and even worse is that it has infested everything

My mom's friend designed the logo for Monster, I've always wanted to inform her of this claim that the monster logo says 666 in Jewish or whatever. That or just ask her friend what's up widat.

Also, I only drink the protein ones. only 200 calories and like 20 g of brotein, plus i still get a fruity flavor in my mouth every once in a while to stave off the sweet tooth.

This
I agree energy drinks are edgy but come finals week it's rockstar all dei cuz its the only one that doesn't taste like shit

The zero sugar version is pretty great but can't beat pic related. This is truly the pinnacle of energy drink technology.

nos is the best for focus, especially with a cigarette

>Smoking during the day
>Smoking without alcohol
>Smoking any place other than a dive bar.

You fucking disgust me.

You can split this into two questions
does caffeine act as a physiological stimulant
do some people find sugary things more palatable than bitter things

The answer to both is yes, ergo the answer to your question is no

>drinking energy drinks
>not drinking quality coffee

I'm a cook, sue me. I only smoke 5 a day anyway

"only 5 a day" puke

Original rockstar is best

> legitimate discussion.
> starts the thread by talking like a retard.

Jup.

Come at me

tastes/smells like redbull and its way cheaper

redbull is obsolete

there is this local homeless man that wanders around pushing a shopping cart everywhere. he is under 5 feet tall and is a hunch back, I don't mean he slouches, I mean hes full blown quasimodo tier.

we have come to call him Gronk

Ill give it a go. See if its what I'm looking for

>legitimate discussion
>energy drinks
>memes
I don't know what third world you come from. Alas you faggot, this is hardly constitutes discussion.

>porting your own cylinder heads
wew lad!

Hope you have a flow bench and clue about what you're doing!

if its not worth discussion then fuck off nigger

"i don't like you talking about this thing" is 90% of this board

If by 'meme' you mean unhealthy proper garbage that will make you fat as a house if you keep drinking them in your 30's after your metabolism slows down and also has the ability to fuck with you heart's longevity due to the Taurine content then the answer is yes, they are a meme.

Dah fuaak is a GRONK?! Sounds GAYYY

wait club maté is energetic?

One of the worst things you can shove into yourself.

On par with heavy liquor.

I used to like energy drinks for no apparent reason.
Then I noticed that they taste like shit and there is no significant difference between overpriced Red Bull and some other generic energy drink.
Then I found out that fucking Cola has better effect and is cheaper.
I still ocassionaly buy a can of some energy drink. Don't know why considering how I don't get any energy from it.

Yes but fuck they taste so good

the only energy drink that isn't complete garbage

You know that only adds up to 18 tho

Meme:
When it becomes more about discussing the thing than it is about the thing itself. For example, someone can love Sririacha. But to buy a Sriracha shirt and wear it? That makes it a meme. I'd consider energy drinks a meme because they taste awful, and anyone who likes the flavor is deluded. They're almost like an infinitely faggier version of cigarettes, because you always see some min-wage worker listening to their Android phone, sipping a Monster on their 15 minute break. Or teenage kids think they're cool because they drink Rockstar, even though they're just sitting down all day.

this guy can paint the future

using sriracha is fine but putting it on everything just because it's sriracha makes it a meme. I was watching Chopped, and this guy put sriracha on his food for literally no reason at all.

Your moms friend didn't design shit, shut the fuck up.

I put it on everything bcs i love garlic and am afraid of vampires.
And I put it mainly in spaghetti and with porkchops, cuz im poor and dont eat anything else.

In a similar vein does Veeky Forums have any recommendations for canned coffee? Need the caffeine and the convenience for an occasion but I've hated the taste of all the energy drinks I've ever tried.

This is my jam, but i cant find much for canned coffee. What do you recommend and enjoy?

I enjoyed Bob Marley One Drop iced coffee, but they phased out the normal coffee flavor (Or they just stopped ordering it at my local stores) and increased the price. Now i drink Starbucks Iced, or get the new One Drop Mocha Banana Vanilla Swirl shit.

Dont even try Rockstar Roasted. Or Monster Java.

>is x a meme

kill yourself already

They're a meme if you are actually consuming them for "energy" purposes, but if you drink treat them like any other soft drink then not really, just pick a flavour you like and enjoy it.

>best energy drink coming through

Why not both? Also pic related is best; tastes like sweet, carbonated orange juice, has a lot of caffeine and they're a fucking dollar. Oddly enough every other flavor from the brand is abysmal.

Would help if I posted the picture I meant to. See if it works this time.

Maybe I'm just a fat cunt but they don't do much for me energy-wise unless I'm drinking them at night, which I never am because I value being able to fall asleep.

Shut up satan

smoke meth hail satan

BOTTOMS UP AND THE DEVIL LAUGHS

caffeine tabs are better imho.

>no euroshopper mentioned

meemut unohtu täysin :---DD

I thought I was used to caffeine due to the amount of coffee I drink, but I had a can of standard Monster the other day and it gave me the shakes. Fair to say I'll only be having them from now on if I really need them.

Was it sugar free? I can't do the sugar ones. They wreck my shit.

I don't think it's the caffeine, it must be something else in their energy mixture. I drink caffeine like a motherfucker but monsters are the only things that give me the jitters

>stop using my memes, you guys!

best monster is missing from op pic

wish these were easier to find

Try again you stupid idiot

the only truly patrician energy drink

I fucking love the taste but I think they gave me heart problems.

You were right.

these things are for faggots, teenagers, and recovering drug addicts

Tastes like shit. White Zero all the way.

I'm in the same boat man. Cheers to an early death because of a delicious soda.

good man right here
need to try this
this is complete shit

I drank them as a teenager, and im going to be completely honest, I never felt any sort of effect at all from them.

One night I was at a friends house, and we drank 3 of them in a row, and I felt heart palpitations and jitteryness. But just drinking 1 never did much of anything.

I used to drink a lot of caffeinated soda, so to switch it out with an energy drink didnt matter.

My favorite for sure was Kronik energy. It was by far the best tasting one, but it didnt last very long. And I quit drinking them shortly after the company went kaput. (and I really liked the Von Dutch drink that didnt last long)

It was stupid the money we would spend on this shit.

why are people talking about whether they 'work' or not
its just sugar with 150 or 200mg caffeine vitamin b and guarana

There's always one co worker that does this shit. I always found it semi annoying but now I'm thinking about becoming that person just so I can have even the slightest bit less stress..

Because marketing, its their excuse as to why they cost 4$ a piece

SO GOOD. I was drinking like three of these a day and the other flavors until one day it started making me nauseous. Shit is dangerous.

Fuck you. I got the shakes and couldn't sleep most days. Smoking weed seemed to balance it out though.

Rockstar goes on sale for 88 cents to a dollar a can quite frequently.

I guess thats one way to deal with the crash of the energy drink bubble.

these are pretty good

>not drinking redline

Plebs.

No bawls?

Overpriced, under caffeinated.

I have a theory that most people who drink energy drinks actually have fucked blood sugar (as evidenced by their regular consumption of, what, 80g of sugar in a can?) and they're constantly hitting huge valleys that they mistake for being tired.

If they swapped over to sugar-free energy drinks they would see that the caffiene and whatnot barely does anything for them. They're actually craving sugar during their crashes. They could eat some gummy worms and get the same effect.

I miss the glass bottles

>not constantly popping yellow jackets

Loser

local groceries stopped selling monster rehab

We only have the yellow kind here.

red bull vodka is quite good but i feel like im dying after drinking a few

That certainly does not make it a meme. By that definition every commercial object, pastime, and hobby is a meme. They need to censer the word meme to break people ignorant dependency on the word to describe almost any object people might have an interest in.

Rip it's suck. Go get a haircut Devil.

Monster assault is fucking delicious. I don't care how much of a meme it is.

What about red bull is that the evangelist's choice when it comes to energy swill ?

>red bull vodka is quite good
No its not, its one of the worst possible drinks people commonly order

Tastes great, not really an energy drink though.

guayaki's shit is the fucking bomb. it tastes great, and it has a nice bitter punch. doesn't taste like I'm taking a sip of my high school chemistry experiment.

>mfw Peach Tea in fridge right now

>drinking sucralose
>drinking sucralose

i'd stop if i were you.

It happens to many words. What do you think faggot used to mean?

It happens. Learn your history and you won't be annoyed by these things.