Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6p5x0nxtqVs
youtube.com/watch?v=CuNQaXPafZk
youtube.com/watch?v=WK01gDq8d6A
youtube.com/watch?v=lxy1d0g2GcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Are there*

>elk quesadilla

>ywn go hunting innawoods with Ramsay and go back to the cabin to cook your catches

>Ramsay
>not operator
youtu.be/6p5x0nxtqVs

Cool video, music over dramatises it.

> ywn kill something, skin it, cook it, and eat it all in the same field in an outdoor kitchen

desu that sounds amazing to do once. Hunt a pig with a guy that knows what he's doing and then making a meal out of it.

Too bad our wildlife isn't much bigger than a deer here and it's very heavily regulated to the point where a normal citizen will have to jump through a ton of hoops to even get a chance of hunting.

>can't shoot a handgun
>shot a pig in a cage
>operator

He butchered it pretty nice, and I'm sure the dudes loved it though. Although, not sure why he'd make his own type of barbecue sauce or non smoked ribs in the south though...

>OUT
>IN
>PAN
>HOT
>NICE
>SORT OF
>CREAMY
>TEXTURE

for a man who does so much TV he should improve on his vocabulary

he's concentrating on the dish while he's trying to narrate what he's doing

give him a break m8

>no earplugs

confirmed retard

>works in a kitchen
>usually screeches at a loud volume
He'll be fine.

The hoops being: know a hunter and have him tell noone?

earplugs don't matter to the person firing provided it's not in an enclosed space.

this is fucking idiotic

t. mr never fired a gun

I wasn't squeamish when the guy tore apart the pigeon carcass with his bare hands.

Then I realised he could've done it just as easily with a live pigeon.

This is exactly why I have hearing loss and bad tinnitus. Granted it was almost 70 rounds of 8mm Mauser, but it was still outside. I was a kid and I was stupid.

On the other hand, for hunting it's not a huge issue because you're only firing a round or two. It's still going to permanently damage your hearing, but not a whole lot.

Wear ear protection, kids.

Go ahead and fire a 12 ga for a few hours with no earpro. Tell me how it goes.

t. cry babbies

Going to a club or music event for one night will ruin your hearing 10 times more than firing a gun outside.

When u shoot a gun the sound travels forward away from you.

Ok, you can continue to shoot without hearing protection. No one's trying to stop you from doing idiotic shit.

>shoot a gun like ur supposed to
>idiotic shit

>Look at the Brit firing a gun! Scarrry! And not something I'd ever be able to do, or quite honestly want to do in civilized society.

Sourgrapes.jpg

Never fired a gun in his life.

I wear earplugs at concerts too, hearing loss is permanent and I already can barely hear out of one of my ears from a combination of not wearing ear pro while bird hunting and attending lots of metal shows in my youth. I used to think it was for pussies too, and then I saw Motörhead at the Backroom, two minutes after they started I was chewing up pieces of cocktail napkins and shoving them in my ears.

Yeah, and that's why all right-handed hunters are deaf from the right ear but when you tell them that it's always because of something else completely...

A modern .30 cal high velocity round with no muzzle break will be around 170dB at 1 meter from the muzzle (perpendiculary). With a muzzle break it can be much more.
The shooter recieves a bit less because he is behind the gun.
Good earpro realisticaly put that in the 120-130db range for the shoote. That's still dangerous but considering it's brief it doesn't trigger a sharp pain.

If you shoot a .300WM without earpro, outside or not it will hurt and you'll get deaf. Same with a .308, .223, even 12ga.

mmm nah

i've shot 12g, 308, 357, 223, 30-30, 444, whatever else i cant remember and im fine

I don't go to clubs, I use earpro in concerts, I use earpro while shooting.

I can assure you that a concert is not loud by any means with a -15db earpro but it's enjoyable. With a 30db earpro it's shit.

With a 30db earpro shooting is still "loud", too loud if you are not used to it. With a 15db earpro don't even try.

So no it's not the same.

Of course there is truth in the doseXtime for hearing damage, but as with radiation it's only valid over a certain dose and under a certain dose.

If you go to clubs everyday and 100db music is blasting, yes, you will get deaf, but if you take 170db 2-3 times (for like 1/1000 of a second) you can't just calculate the doseXtime, the issue here is the raw energy dispersed in a very short amount of time, it creates irreversible damages. Even ONE shot.

I broke an eardrum by firing a 9mm indoors, 2 weeks with a tampon in the ear, a lifetime with 5db less in this ear.

>I broke an eardrum by firing a 9mm indoors
>indoors

this isn't even good bait

Did you do an earing test?

Everything looks fine untill at 50 you have trouble following conversations when more than 5 people are present.
You find that restaurants are loud and you can't hear people there.
You are surprised by people who didn't even try to sneak up on you.

>you ever been huntin Marty? not waitin in a tree for some deer to come sniff your gash bait. I'm talkin about trackin

Yeah, sorry, I didn't try to fuck up my earing in all possible situations to win arguments on the internet. I had to fire, earpro wasn't my priority nor was destroying my house before firing as to be outside when the action occurs.

My point is: High pressure wave + little fragile objects = broken little fragile objects

Your eardrums ain't even the main issue, you have little hairs in your canals that deteriorate with time. Those respond to different frequencies, participate to hearing and to you keeping your balance.
The higher the frequency the tinyest the hair.
Now immagine all those hairs are trees in a forest. 60db is a breeze, 100db is very strong wind, the trees would break with too long of an exposure to a wind that strong. A gunshot, even outside, is like a tornado. Where it passes trees are just down, there is no arguing that. And if you do that too often there won't be any left.

Also, when a hair breaks it creates a blank signal, if it touches another one it makes a blank signal too. That's why you ear an annoying whistling noise the day after.
The brain learns to ignore those blank signals and that's why the whistling stops, but you will never grow back those hairs.

>indoors

>Is there

**are there

there aren't.

Why don't you just admit that you NDed in the house and quit acting like it was self defense.

dont do it with the wild pigs in america. at least don't eat them, they taste like shit. go ahead and shoot as many of them as you can, though, theyre a menace.

other way around. they only matter to the person firing.

I thought brits were supposed to take the piss out of us for our overdramatic tv shows

Its filmed in america, maybe it was aired on american tv

>take the piss out of us
>us
it's almost like you're referring to americans, but you clearly aren't one.

Our boy, Alton Brown

>santoku
who the hell is this weeb and how am I supposed to take him seriously after that?

what the fuck is he going to do with that? shoot a pile of rice cookers?

he's going to do whatever he wants to with it

>as you can see from my pointless impractical range queen, I am free!
this is what americans actually believe

Wisconsin reporting in

we can use bong speak as well m8

are you retarded???
what part of your post did you think made sense?

no U

neener neener neener my dad can beat up ur dad

>m8
you people are an abomination. your cheese doesn't live up to the hype and your governor looks like and is a cartoon character dimwit. do whatever you want, your part of the country doesn't matter.

are you ok, user?

doing just great, you? if not, go touch one of your guns, and derive strength and confidence from it.

you're fucking bonkers, m8

>your part of the country doesn't matter.
you say that until november dude, then we shall see what is really up

Yeah, in America we'd rather you shoot the hog to not eat it than not kill it at all. Damn things are monsters.

Floridian here. Can confirm. Fuck the Razorbacks. Those things are scary.

Question, is hog unsuitable for cracklin/pork rinds?

Of course you would have to use a torch to burn of the hair, but isn't the skin usable?

I fired a .308 and had instant ringing in my ears. You know thats causing damage if you have ringing. Would definitely wear ear plugs next time I fire that thing. Blew a goats jaw off from 500m though, so that was pretty fun. We moved in and finished it off with .22s

yeah the fact he butchered it like a professional is enough to take him innawoods.

>earplugs

>while hunting wild boars

someone wants tusks up his arse

>carrying around a half dozen different weapons so you can mutilate your quarry like some 80s satanic ritual abuse urban legend
I'm sure a bunch of edgy tards are going to jump down my throat for asking, but why not just one rifle, and shoot it the minimum times necessary for a quick, clean kill

Now cue fifty raging assburgers telling me I'm Ingrid Newkirk

generally you have one longarm and one handgun.

The Handgun is for finishing off the wounded animal. or defending yourself. a injured hog can murder you.

He said goat though

I wasn't aware that goats were considered anywhere near as aggressive and dangerous as boar

What is active earpro?

I'm not sure I'm getting your point. Generally you take a long gun for more power and range, but have a handgun for the finishing shot or whatever because you can move around a lot easier since it's only in your hands instead of having to shoulder it.

Point being, whether for emergency self defense or a point blank finishing shot to the brain, multiple shots with a 22LR seems dumb. I don't hunt but my friend who shoots boar carries something like a 357. I don't know what a goat requires but the guy up there basically made it sound like they did a fusillade of 22 after blowing the animal's face off. Doesn't sound like the whole affair was well thought out

Oh, guess I'm jumping in the middle of the conversation, didn't know you were talking about .22.

I mean, I can understand being cautious, but I've seen many a farmer put down pigs with .22lr placed just right before a whole hog roast. Can't imagine a goat skull being too much different.

This guy thinks he's a piece of shit.

You just posting bullshit, or did this harmless frenchman start a beef with that profane brit?

Many better chefs
Not many better managers or tv personalities

This. Even the man himself thinks so.

He's still great tho.

>Ramsey: Good to see you
>Maj. Too: Good

KEK

youtube.com/watch?v=CuNQaXPafZk

youtube.com/watch?v=WK01gDq8d6A

b a s e d

You're not supposed to hunt when you're high on cocaine

And Ramsay hasn't been sober in a decade