/smg/ Stock Market General Thread

Reddit humor edition

Popular brokers for stock trading:
Robinhood
>commission free and no minimum to open
robinhood.com

> How is it free?
Robinhood earns revenue by collecting interest on cash/securities and fees from their Robinhood Gold service

> It's been X days, why isn't my account verified yet?
Not being approved in 3 days seems to be the new norm. Nevertheless, call/email their support if you've been waiting more than that.

> When is it coming to my country?
The only "plans" are on an Australian and Chinese beta. Neither of which has gained much traction.

Interactive Brokers
>$1 commission per 100 shares. $10k minimum to open, $3k if 25 or under. Lowest margin interest. Free API access
interactivebrokers.com

TD Ameritade
>$6.95 commission per trade. No minimum to open. Fantastic data/charting through their free ThinkorSwim service
tdameritrade.com

Degiro (Cheap broker for Europeans)
degiro.eu

Free in depth charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Movers:
nasdaq.com/extended-trading/premarket-mostactive.aspx

Earnings Report Calendar:
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html

Biopharma Catalyst Calendar:
biopharmcatalyst.com/

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

S&P 500 VIX Futures (For SVXY/UVXY, higher is better for UVXY, lower is better for SVXY)
investing.com/indices/us-spx-vix-futures

TVIX?

Morning! How was everyone's 3 day weekend?

Also, post em

Ready to be back, morning watch

DCIX, CVRS, DPW, DCAR

I’m sick af from allergies. Guess spring has sprung. About to head to the doc after opening.

Damn, that sucks. I don't get allergies but currently we're snowed in and a bunch of places are closed, except my work

So glad I don’t have to deal with that bullshit.

HBM earnings after hours. I expect a dip today. Usually does.

Oh I love it, bombing around in shit weather in a vehicle is good fun

>city of WMT

UGAZ up 6% premarket, someone called this on friday
SWN if you want to get in on the nat gas meme

I'm gonna grab a good 25% from my nat gas position right now.

"BRAAAAAAPPPPPPPP"

- ugaz

Who's BOILing up some sick gains?

i only have $1k riding on it

hoping we can keep it up the rest of the week

>sold my ugaz at $18
Kill me

Look at that open

the
BULL
U
L
L

is

BACK
A
C
K

be careful with filenames from facebook. autists can track you down with it

Ain't a personal pic, we good

Even if it was I wouldn't mind, I use a dummy account and I got nothing to hide.

I had a dream that I used technical analysis to predict that the market was definitely going to crash and then I made a ton of money shorting specific overvalued companies and sectors and perfectly timed the ES futures crash... It was all so clear to me how the markets worked and I was extremely confident in all the actions I took in the dream.

Then I woke up and remembered that I'm a brainlet who doesn't have the foggiest idea how most technical analysis formulae are calculated / plotted much less how to apply any of it to make a reasonable prediction on what the markets will actually do in the future.

I don't have a cat but here's my pupper

Is he a good boy?

lmao at all the bear cucks that shorted premarket and at open

My dude what rifle is that? Looks comfy

Bought some. Should be a nice bounce, that selling is a bit overdone.

How can I make some money on this volcanic eruption?

Glad I didn't

Yeah, he's bretty good. Doesn't bark or yap incessantly, doesn't get into anything or tear stuff up, curls up in a ball and goes to sleep when he's in a car. Once it starts getting dark outside he's done with everything and heads to the opposite end of the house to make a nest somewhere though.

It's an FN FNAR, a semi-auto .308. They don't make that "tactical" model that's in my picture anymore though, they now only sell a "competition" model with a different stock. I use it for deer / hog hunting out of a stand or blind mostly, it's a little heavy for a carry rifle.

What's the current meme's stocks?

i'd like it more at 80, that's just me though gl

Damn, looks like a nice piece of work. Must be quite reliable if you trust it hog hunting. I just got my permit to purchase which is like a card saying I pass background checks here so I don't have to wait for NICS, thinking about starting a collection.

BPMX

ok, perhaps not

it looks like a good rifle.

Have you thought about using a 223/556 platform for deer&hog hunting? Lighter, if you think the rifle you hunt with now is a little heavy

>BPMX

why?

Do your own DD. I'll give you a hint though. 32% institutional ownership.

What would be the lightest you could go for hogs? They're pretty tough I hear.

institutional ownership is a meme

Sure thing buddy. Us broke retail traders are the ones who move markets. Not the whales.

Hope you guys bought the pepsi dip

it looks like they're shining flashlights onto people with acne to see if the drugs will work or not
i'll stick with AMRS.

Forgot pic

Here's another

Yeah, it's been reliable, I wouldn't recommend it though, for the price you could get a pretty nice AR-10 type rifle that's MUCH easier to tear down and will take somewhat standard magazines. The FNAR is a huge pain in the ass to tear down, takes proprietary magazines that only FN produces, and just isn't that common / popular of a rifle so parts will be much harder to come by in the future compared to any of the AR-10 platform rifles.

I built an AR-15 that I use for pig hunting. Most pig hunting I do is on foot walking fields and woods at night so a lighter gun is preferred. For deer hunting I still like the .308 -- the doe that I shot this year was quartering away from me and the .308 didn't even exit, I found it buried up under the skin on the other side of the deer, a .223/5.56 likely wouldn't have had the penetration that I needed for that shot. With pigs I shoot for the neck so penetration isn't much of an issue but with deer I go for chest / shoulder shots where adequate penetration is critical. If I want a lighter carry / woods gun for deer hunting then I normally use my lever action .45-70

One more

We do though, we have that one guy in here that can make any stock tank just by buying it.

I know some people who have taken them down using a .17HMR with an ear shot. I've used a .22lr to dispatch them when they're in a trap. For real hunting I wouldn't go smaller or lighter than .223.

What state you live in?

AKS :-) might not be too late

I have never heard of someone using a 22 and I am nearly certain it would not work.

223/556 is pretty small, nearly same size at 22, but works due to velocity. Maybe a .40 would do it, if hot. I carry a 45LC revolver w/ a 7 1/2 inch barrel w/ 325 grain hot loads meant for bears, because I figure if a hog can survive a good shot from my AR 15 it is practically a bear. The 40 and 45 are obviously bigger bullets but are less powerful, generally. So not sure if there is anything smaller you could use.

How much higher can NVDA go? Is buying in now FOMO?

Anything less than .45 to hunt them is suicide. If you’re killing them in a trap then whatever.

Texas

Bought $5K, feeling good about this one.

Buying now would be textbook FOMO.

MY BROTHER!!!! East or West?

Interesting. I personally haven't had an issue deer hunting with a 223, but I can see having one in a situation as you described.

I have a replica yellow boy lever action chambered in 45 I am considering taking deer hunting. A

Wonder if you can just do a .300 Memeout build? Would'nt be much heavier than a standard AR-15

East, Mt. Pleasant

Put in an order for 100 PEP at 109.5

Sorry for kinda derailing the thread, work is slow because of the severe weather and my portfolio is going sidewys so I'm acting autisti/k/

Up about $400 on LTBR, dunno when I should pull the ripcord

I fucked up big time, I went all in with Cannabis stocks and lost about 40% of my money.

ib4 it's not a loss until you sell it

Nice. Love it up there.

As long as we aren’t talking crypto I don’t care.

I'm getting greedy with my nat gas, anybody got an idea when the Bogs are selling off?

>AMRS still giving noobs a chance to get in, hanging out right under it's explosion point of 5.36
Times a running out folks, don't say we didn't warn you a hundred times.

>tfw my stocks are going up since Burger Stock Exchange opened
Thanks ameribros, gonna cash out half of it at +20% and buy something else.

Weed's been good to me, holding out until legalization this summer.

Got in at 5 I'm ready

They got till March 1st on this one.

Any thoughts about buying qualcomm?

its currently down 4%

That is a good idea that would likely mitigate issues potentially had using 223 for hunting. That said, I haven't used 300 blk outside of plinking on range w/ a buddy's rifle.

Also sorry we hijacked /smg/ to become /k/.

.22 and .223/5.56 have the exact same diameter. Obviously .223 is pushing a heavier bullet faster though. The idea behind using .223 for hogs is sometimes immediate and multiple follow shots are required and since you aren't worried about ethically killing them just keep shooting until they stop moving.

Yes and no. You'll probably be using a much shorter barrel so it'd be lighter but you're probably putting a can on so it might end up heavier. If you're worried about humping a AR15 you been to lift more.

>They got till March 1st on this one.
Unless it breaks resistance anytime soon which it is very close to doing

People who do not support sensible gun control legislation are murderers.

fuck you

That depends on the person's definition of sensible. A person who's never bought or used a gun's idea of sensible is radically different from those that do

I like the background check but it fails too often.

>Murderers
I wouldn't go that far, but we do need to do something. I think that MOST people agree that we shouldn't be giving AR-15s to civis.

Hey, frick you bud

An AR-15 is just a semi automatic rifle made with plastic instead of wood because it isn't 1930 anymore. Wood is a pain in the ass to take care of and it's heavy.

tru, i'm waiting for the military to enact gun control. they should be limited to 42 inch swords

LOL that is a good way to put it,when using an AR.

For all intensive purposes a 22 and 223 are the same size. But the 223 is 3/1000 of a inch larger, equivalent to the breadth of a human hair.

No wonder you keep losing money, you're acting like a Democrat/Communist

Woah man where can I go as a civilian (non-military) and get a free government issued AR15? Please let me know, I would like another one.

We know, but it can be easily modded to be fully automatic. Anyone who thinks that bolt actions and sidearms aren't enough are a little gun-nutty.

>the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Sounds sensible enough

You used to be able to buy them at Fuckin' Wall Mart up until 2015.

can't trust liberals to define words like sensible

It must be a very sideways day if people are talking about fucking guns in a /smg/ thread. Fuck off to /k/.

Eh, it's all about shot placement. The last 5 pigs I've shot with my AR-15 have been neck shots and they've dropped in their tracks. I shot a big boar on the run several times in the chest / abdomen area with my .308 one time and he ran for several hundred yards through some really thick brush and crossed a creek before finally going down.

>People who do not support sensible gun control legislation are murderers.
you don't like weed being legalized and now this

you are such a fucking faggot. You never go outside so what does it matter?

Pretty sure my local Walmart has them in stock. Freedom is pretty great, right?

You like freedom, right?

We can talk about everything here.

You can make fully automatic guns from scrap iron in a shed.

Explain to me the features of an AR-15 that make it distinct and especially deadly. You can’t.

I think if you're on drugs you shouldn't be able to own a firearm.

Ah, you're right. Confusingly .22lr is actually .223 and .223 is .224.

The second amendment IS necessary for freedom. Assult riffles aren't.

Goddamn, I was actually thinking about picking them up but all they do is plummet. What the fuck are they doing?

Anything can be easily modded to be automatic, dumbass.