Nice scamcoin you got there
Nice premine
Synth a faggot

idk, more than 4k

why did you invest in a scam?

Did you build your own skyminer or bought it from them? Fuck I want one so bad

ty

it's not mineable tho, kinda makes you think huh

Neither, I ordered some orange pis tho. Couldn't find any primes for sale but regular ones should be fine I hope. Gonna build a miner later.

200 skylet here, will i make it?

we all are my guy

>building a "new internet" that has to piggyback off the old one
>investing in it

>building a "new ARPANET" that has to piggyback off the old one
>investing in it

do you really expect this project to lead to new global physical infrastructure? it would be cool if that happened but it's incredibly unlikely

Only during the testnet phase though. Next up long range antennas are being rolled out for a wireless meshnet

What am I looking at?

Expect the unexpected. Ten years ago:

>obama was just elected
>facebook was a private company
>worst recession in decades

If you had a time machine you reckon you could convince a single person of what the world would be like right now, without telling them/proving you could travel in time? Honest question

Not a lot of new infrastructure is needed, the oceanfloor fibers are already there. It would cost nothing for the current tier 2 providers who own the fibers to set up skywire and monetize their unused bandwidth, it's free money for them. The only thing difficult thing is connecting individual users to the fibers in the colo centers, and wireless antennas are being developed for that.

>wireless antennas are being developed for that.

It's going to be glorious when FCC rapes them.

And what happens when the telecom industry lobbies the shit out of a new internet which is decentralized, unregulated and will likely host thousands of deviant individuals who can't be tracked?

Like honestly, do you guys seriously think anybody will use this shit rather than the regular internet?

they would have to rape individual people, skycoin is not a legal company.

They'd have to go from door to door telling people to remove their antennas. They're not gonna do it because it's a hassle

So you're banking on people buying physical antennas and hosting them on their homes to power the new internet...

You guys need to fucking get a reality check.

I hold 400 sky just in case it really does make it. Very small part of my portfolio though. Can’t bring myself to sell it. It’s like a lottery ticket

this
not even the edgiest normie gives a shit about this pipedream
only kiddyfiddler, drugdealers and tinfoilhats will be interested
maybe you should leave your kiddyfiddler, drugdealer and tinfoilhat echochamber sometimes, they are a really really small minority

They can't do anything about it. Of course people will use it, because it's based on the openflow protocol it has 1/3 (at worst) the latency of the legacy internet, bandwidth aggregation is possible, and in most cases it should be cheaper than whatever people are paying their ISPS. Comcast can not compete with this, no matter what they do.

Yes, people will buy them because that is going to be profitable. That why all previous meshnet projects have failed, there were no financial incentives to make them succeed.

You fool, it can literally never reach the speeds of traditional ISPs. You can't possibly be serious thinking that a bunch of NEETs hosting antennas on their roofs, transferring bandwidth from traditional ISPs will power the new internet. The signal is going to be shit tier, and speeds will be dial-up levels or worse. Moreover can they even access websites not used on the skywire or whatever like Facebook and Google and shit?

ubnt.com/airfiber/airfiber5/
This one does 1.2gbps over 100km, and costs $1k. Having them customised and built in china factories would cut the price in half, if not more.

Great, and where do you plan on getting the bandwidth to power this?

Finally an active skycoin thread

Can I build one of these skyminers with just 4 orange pi primes?

Are 8 pics really necessary if you only have like 50mbs internet?

I thought the way it works is that you hold skycoin, get skycoin hours, use the sjycoin hours to pay the "miners" who move the packets of data thus creating the network, coinhours which can then be traded on the dex. I also thought that in cities at least, you'll be able to connect to it (skywire) just like your own regular WiFi, but everywhere so in the street etc. Say goodbye to mobile phone data.

dah the blockchain consensus doesnt the traditional internet, because its

>and where do you plan on getting the bandwidth to power this?

yes. 8 are better, but any amount is fine

Basically if you don't have any skycoin you're not gonna make it

Does anyone know how much max bandwidth can be forwarded by one of those pis at a time?

Synth gave a number in an interview one time but I can’t remember which one

OP is obviously a faggot nigger

isnt that right, OP?

good arguments

The only problem I have with this coin is that cunt telegram mod "Sudo." He is literally the worst mod I've ever seen and loves having power over people. They need to get rid of him asap

Synth is satoshi. Nice stack btw. Skycoin is the punk rock of the crypto world.

kek

Dude there is one thing I don't get:
Skynet has to send data via some frequency. Those freqencies are owned by the state and given away to ISPs for big money. So on which frequency is SKY going to send?

The skyminer and “new internet” is just one of the areas the project focuses on.
They already have skyledger (working today) which is a competitor to eth’s platform. Everyone has their own block chain so it doesn’t get bloated like eth.
Skycoin sends instantly and is free to send as well.
Basically if one area of the project fails there are others which are still valuable.
Their marketing sucks tho.

>SOMEONE PLEASE BUY MY BAGS IN THE FUTURE

Literally you. You want to put up antennas using the bandwidth from existing network to power a new internet. Straight LMFAO.

who cares? They can choose whichever one they want. It's individual people owning the antennas, nobody's going to go door to door asking to change their frequencies. The law is meaningless if there's no way of enforcing it.

>The law is meaningless if there's no way of enforcing it.

rollin

You are a brainlet.
>You want to put up antennas using the bandwidth from existing network

what the fuck are you trying to say? Do you know what bandwidth is? "Bandwidth from existing network" lmao

There are going to be exit nodes that will connect to the legacy internet so plebs can access their normiebooks, but that's about it. Skywire will be a separate network from the legacy internet.

What's your average cost per Skycoin? Sky/let/ here: 161, paid on avg $22 a piece :(

WHERE DO I BUY THIS

Oops, got some terminology confused.

But yeah, what the other user said is true. If the government/ISPs see that you're using a frequency that you don't own, they will locate you and remove your shit or tell you to use a frequency out of those ranges (aka piss poor signals)

>The law is meaningless if there's no way of enforcing it.

You are fucking stupid and too idealistic.

It is actually quite easy to get tracked using an antenna. It is illegal to send on frequencies you don't own

Also good luck marketing something that is illegal, to the masses. The viability of skywire is so fucking small.

The only platform with which skycoin can obtain success is the skyledger, but with so many blockchain platforms already in the mainstream why would anybody want to use this one?

Yeah that's my concern too. Its value lies in the Skynet, not the other features. Still I got no proper answer to that frequency thing

This. So much this.

Yeah you're right, thats why no one torrents anymore, oh no wait media companies gave in and stopped selling DVDs for $40 and started streaming services. Get ready to btfo by an open market again TCP/IP shill.

Nvm, just found this.
>What about legalities of long range wireless transmission?

>Skywire will be operating on unlicensed radio bands with technology that is available on the consumer market now. Additionally, we will be developing new wireless hardware technology. Skywire will use radio frequencies that do not require a license.

What will these antennas that we'll put over our houses look like? I won't do it if it looks ugly