Pickling your national cheese in brine and then setting it on fire

>pickling your national cheese in brine and then setting it on fire
>adulterating your wine with pine pitch
>boiling mixed greens you found in your backyard
>ripping off everything else from your neighbors

Honestly why do people even pretend to like Greek """"food""""?

Greek food is awesome.

Because lamb is good and zodzeeky is good

you're chillin at the club in Santorini when this guy slaps your gf's ass wyd?

Two words: olive oil

you oil up the sexually aggressive greek men?

Mostly nostalgia from those couple weeks spent on a Greek island with the honey at the time. Retsina brings back a lot of good memories, but other than that the best thing in Greece was simply prepared fresh seafood, so if you don't live somewhere with fresh seafood don't bother. I grew up somewhere that octopus was pretty common but had no idea how good it could be until I had it in Greece (the next best was in Portugal).

fuck me I havent had any proper porto food since I left the northeast

>egg and lemon soup
dropped it

Strange coincidence - I just moved from RI last year.

Greek here, not the biggest fan of the cuisine.

Greek cuisine strives to keep dishes simple. Some are exceptions but they have foreign influences such as french.
I do like the ingredients though, probably because of growing up with them.
Herbs especially that are used liberally, unlike pungent spices.

If you wanna ask anything go ahead.

How do you make good tzatziki?
What is the best thing your mother makes?
Feelings on ouzo?

Forced Grexit when?

The reason the cuisine is kept simple is the same reason Italian rural cooking is - when you have great ingredients it's smart to show them off simply.

I don't like raw garlic because the aftertaste is horrendous. Some internet recipes, though, should be more than enough to cover you, it's a simple preparation, should experiment a bit with the amount of dill/salt/vinegar or garlic to see what suits you.
Mom was a horrible cook and had some other problems too. Go figure why I ended up on Veeky Forums looking up stuff. Dad makes the best stuffed grape leaves in the world though.
Heard a few foreigners complain about the anise flavour. Personally I find it much better than the plain grape spirit that tastes like poison.

Not before I get all the monies :^)

Heard that one before. It's a fair argument but I still miss the refinement of foreign cuisines from time to time.

Cause its good.

Why do plebs even make """"threads""""?

maybe you should be buying duck presses instead of submarines, Dimitri

How many Greeks does it take to change a lightbulb?

It always seemed to me that Greek food (and wine) hit the point where it was good enough for the family and the taverna so they stopped fucking with it.

Places with more elaborate cuisine usually had royal courts and noblemen to impress, and that's where all the elaborate shit came from. That's why the Turks and the French can get so elaborate. Hell, even British food gets good when you look at what they serve the queen.

It's been a long time since Greece had anything like that, so it's no surprise the cuisine is less sophisticated. I don't give a fuck, though. In my mind the only cuisine that gives Greek a run for its money for day to day eating is Lebanese.

Twelve. One to change the bulb, two to hold the ladder and 10 to make a t-shirt about it

Depends on how many Greeks it takes to trick the Albanians into doing it

A million and one.

One changes the light bulb, two hundred thousand ask if the guy's licensed or not, a hundred thousand to claim that Greeks invented light bulbs before anyone but the technology was lost during the Ottoman invasions, another hundred thousand to protest that the bulb has a right not to change just to conform to EU standards on what a functioning light bulb should be, fifty thousand to oversee the project, an additional hundred thousand to oversee the overseers, one to report it to in.gr and the the remaining 449999 to wonder who's gonna bail them out of the electric bill.
Well, technically just a million, since the guy actually doing the work is likely gonna be a Somalian who happens to live in Greece.

Any Greeks who cook looking for wife?

Congratulations on passing your math exam

Here's your (You) friend.

No silly use the olive oil as lube for his dick in your ass.

top kek