Rice and beans

Give me your best simple receipts. I have cooked rice and beans. What do i do with them. I fried chopped onions and mashed all together. Its edible but kinda dry and pitiful. What can be done? Only simple (i want to be lazy here) and not many ingredients.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakfast#Myanmar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

beans and bread, noob.

i made fried chicken and ate it with bread yesterday. i think i want to pass on bread now.

>Give me your best simple receipts. I have cooked rice and beans. What do i do with them. I fried chopped onions and mashed all together. Its edible but kinda dry and pitiful. What can be done? Only simple (i want to be lazy here) and not many ingredients.
Did you season it at all did you even salt your rice?
Simple seasonings
-cook rice in chicken broth
-cook rice in coconut milk and bouillon
-salt peppers onions you can add peas or peppers I guess
-hoision sauce,butter,pepper (pretty sure I spelled that wrong)
-nutmeg,coriander,pepper,salt,chili pepper flakes

If you wanted to be lazy you could have just lurked in the other "easy rice and beans" thread that was started 10 minutes ago and is on the first page.

>dry and pitiful
Did you boil it or bake in in the oven? The latter in a 9x13 pan with broth and covered with foil usually produces quite moist rice.

Sautee aromatics (onions, garlic, red bell pepper, jalapeno, other peppers, spices, etc) in oil.

Add in rice and half-cooked beans, stir together and let the rice toast for a minute or two.

Add vegetable broth (enough for the rice), stir, bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to simmer Simmer until rice is done.

Serve with fresh pico de gallo, more cilantro, and lime juice.

I grew up on chickpea fried rice, if that counts?

Cook chickpeas.
Cook rice.
Cool both at least overnight.
Heat garlic, ginger, onion and chilli in oil.
Add some powdered spices.
Add chickpeas.
Stir-fry.
Add stock.
Add rice.
Toss about until rice absorbs stock, then stir-fry until rice starts to stick, then off the heat and serve, topped with chopped green onion.

I like to make it with tomato chicken stock, but traditional is prawn stock or herb stock.

What's better, Veeky Forums?

Rice and beans cooked together, OR

White rice cooked alone and beans cooked in a sauce to be served on top/alongside rice?

I like both equally, depending on mood. Though I tend to put the bean gravy down first and top that with a scoop of rice rather than the other way around.

Make black bean feijoada with ham shanks and beef hocks

Everybody that makes rice and beans always forgets the acidity. Add some lemon juice or vinegar and the dish will pop

All I've got is basmati rice and kidney beans, what would be good to add to them?

Carrots & onion with the basmati

Kidney beans are a huge mismatch though... would find something else entirely to do with them.

You want simple recipes? I've experimented with some retardedly simple stuff, but they've turned out pretty well.

1) Peel bananas, then freeze them. When they're pretty hard, pull them out and blend them with milk and, if you're feeling it, cinnamon. I don't really remember what ratios I used, so good luck.

2) Put bananas and peanuts in a ziploc bag, about a banana to 50g of nuts. Mash. Eat.

Uh... that's all I have right now.

where the fuck are you from

genuinely curious

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breakfast#Myanmar

Make Gallo Pinto. It is the main dish of my country.
You can eat this for breakfast lunch and dinner.
very simple to make.

>casado

paz

mix

> small can of tomato sauce
> canned garlic
> crushed red pepper ( get from a pizza place for free )

all of these ingredients can easily be had with a back pack and a bicycle