Um any advice? I just sliced my knucle to the bone while washing a knife... Im a bit drunk so I cant drive any where...

um any advice? I just sliced my knucle to the bone while washing a knife... Im a bit drunk so I cant drive any where, I have it wrapped in a paper towel and metal tape, pls help what do.

the paper towl on it is like completely red now wtf do i do

Drive him to the hospital you goofball.

Wrap it in paper towels then masking tape then dip it in egg to harden it

Go to the hospital, dunce. It will heal improperly or get infected otherwise. Call someone if you have to

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU ASKING A COOKING BOARD WHAT THE FUCK

CALL A FRIEND TO DRIVE YOU YOU RETARD

Im the only one here, I have no one to drive me anywhere

Call someone to pick you up you silly sausage.

Go straight to McDonalds for a quarter pounder, hot fries and ice cold colas.

Call an ambulance. Yes, it is expensive. What is your finger worth?

I dont think Im grasping how serious this might be because Im hammered, I think i;ll wait it out a little.... If I call 911 they will probably just charge me with some fucked up bill

Keep steady pressure on it, replace the...paper towels when they're soaked through, if you can't keep up with the blood flow it's probably something to worry about, but just see how it's doing when you wake up in the morning.

If you wake up in a pool of blood, call an amberlamps.

>friends

Open your phone.
Call the following number - 911
Tell them you nearly cut your finger off and you're drunk as hell.
??????
Profit.

/thread

>thousands for a bandaid and maybe a couple stitches
>"profit"

this is what living in America is like folks

>Medical student at UC Berkeley here
Take that off of your finger. Lick it clean and keep on doing so until the bleeding stops. You'll be fine.

You're probably fine. Bleeding because alcohol thins your blood. If the would doesn't close with a bandaid/tape you might need stitches.

This is the first time one of these shitposts has made me audibly laugh, but I'm also drunk right now, and have also got myself into similar situations as the OP.

nice bait. might work with a paper cut. would probably just eventually cause infection though.

Wrap it up tighter then chill it

ok i'll do this .. I poured a bunch of hydro peroxide on the current paper towl, dont know if that;s good or not

You're bleeding a lot because you've been drinking. You need to apply more pressure to it. The only thing the towel is doing is preventing your blood from dripping on the ground

>Medical student at UC Berkeley here

Nice try, pupper.

Also UC is a meme school for leftist weed burnouts and autists.

>Im a bit drunk so I cant drive any where
Just a bit? I drive when I'm "just a bit" drunk all the time.

all i wanted to do was make some fucking ramen w/ lots of veg in it, instead I gotta deal w/ this bullshit, I can't even play CS GO anymore w/ my finger wrap[ed up like thuis

Fucking get an ambulance, you don't even have to pay for it ever, they just call you for like three months and then give up, it doesn't fucking affect anything basically that you will notice if you are so fucked economically you don't have health insurance. Get some fucking stitches, they don't care that you are drunk. It will be fine, otherwise, be a weird four fingered fuck for all I care.

You're really cool, user.

>poured a bunch of hydro peroxide on the current paper towel

Dude, you want to pour it on the cleaned wound directly and then apply dry bandages. All my medical training comes from television and having been in the hospital maybe twice in my life, but that just seems like common sense.

Silver at CS:GO, silver at making ramen. Lmaoing @ your life, kiddo.

If you've cut it down to the bone, you need a formal evaluation by a physician. There's a chance you cut part of the extensor or flexor tendon system of the finger, or perhaps something more substantial like digital arteries, veins, or nerves. Even if you had missed those things, the wound is deep enough to merit primary closure with suture. If left alone, it will likely eventually granulate in and close secondarily, but you risk substantial scarring, contracture, loss of function of the digit, and infection.

Just call a taxi and go get it taken care of.

There's nothing cool about it, but it's really uncool to think you're going to get in a wreck when you're just tipsy. Things like that don't happen. Drunk driving wrecks literally only occur when you can't stand up straight.

This is Veeky Forums. There are legit hardcore alcoholics and recovering alcoholics here. When someone says they're too drunk to drive they probably know what they're talking about.

all the shit you listed is located on the inner side of the finger. The tendons that form the knuckle are about as hard as bone.

fucking amberlamps for a cut finger

its not serious
good answer
that is correct
you'll be fine, just stanch the bleeding and call it a night, fucko

user, you should post a picture of the injury without the wrappings.

If you can't close the wound all the way by pinching it together, and if it's still steadily bleeding after an hour from when you posted this, you should go get stitches when you're sober enough to drive to the doctors. You should check that your nearest ER offers stitches, as some of them do not. Your finger will not get infected and fall off if you wait a day to go get it closed up, I can promise that. If you're feeling ballsey you can go dunk it in some isopropil alcohol, but it's going to sting like a bitch. What I recommend, is using some small band-aids ACROSS the wound, to close it up, and then wrapping it semi-tightly (not tight enough to cut off circulation) so that it stays in place.
I hope your finger is alright soon, user.

ebony please I eat silvers for breakfast

My ex had "amazing" Starbucks health insurance and then randomly had a seizure one day while out and about. The 5 minute ride to the hospital cost her $700, out of pocket.

lmao @ how retarded u are, I bet you're gold nova

I would but its kind of hard when blood just starts pouring out whenever I remove the paper towls

call 911 unless you want to bleed out

Kill yourself you fucking cancerous loser.

Everybody thinks they cut themselves "down to the bone" when they're drunk. He probably just nicked himself, doesn't even need stitches, and will stop bleeding within the next hour.

fight me irl nerd, I'll be waiting for you in plaza francesa

I literally hope you get fucking hit by a truck today.

Here's a fun fact, it only hurt for a split second when it happened then it didnt hurt any more.

I literally hope you cut your finger with a knife today

Yes, that is about average, but you don't actually have to fucking pay it if you have no insurance. If you have insurance but it doesn't cover the ambulance for some reason and it's an Out of Pocket issue, then it's a private company coming after you, and this can affect things on your credit score that could matter to you. It's different.

What kind of ER can't stitch up a cut finger? I would have figured that's like 90% of what they do in an ER.

I don't know what you mean by "tendons that form the knuckle"? The knuckles are formed by an articulation of two bones. Additionally, the tendons and ligaments of the digits are absolutely not hard as bone. They're easily severed, and repaired with suture.

The arteries, veins, and nerves don't run on the "inner side" of the finger, otherwise escharotomies of the hand would not be performed on the medial surface of the digits. Regardless, OP has not relayed the location of the wound, so it's entirely possible he has damaged those structures.

Well then I wont be using any knives for the whole day then, fucking retard.

oh shit nigga

Just a nick, this is the 3rd paper towl

You're in shock, OP. Just drink more liquor and go to sleep, everything will be okay when you "wake up".

some more info on how it happened in case any one is wondering, all my knives are dirty ATM so I got one of those mr clean magic eraser pads out and put some soap on the kinfe then started scrubbing, do not recommend.

and I won't go outside for the rest of the week

>Veeky Forums: Poor American Healthcare

I can't imagine a grown man cutting his finger and posting about it on Veeky Forums, of all things. Are you neutered?

A truck can crash into your house and still hit you, fucking dumbass silver retard.

>i got one of those mr clean magic eraser pads out and put some soap on the kinfe then started scrubbing
>do not recommend

That's literally knife through avocado through hand tier stupidity, but I guess we all have to learn from experience.

it was the best idea I had at the time. I figured at least one of you mongoloids would have been in a similar situation.

>knife through avocado

Thanks asshole, now I can't go to sleep.

the bleeding seems to be slowing now although I can't really feel the top part of my finger, Im gonna keep drinking and play some CS w/ this balled up finger

wait, what does hydro peroxide even do?

put sugar on your finger and wrap it and apply pressure and hold it above your head. once the bleeding stops long enough, pour super glue over the wound. at this point you should be good, but you don't want it moving so splint your finger with chopsticks

I live in apartment and I'm literally not silver

If you can't feel your finger that means it's dying. Go to the hospital. Ask your neighbor to drive you or call an ambulance. Stop wasting time.

You live in denial.

serious question... what would happen if you super glued a wound? seems like a decent idea to me it just might look fucked up when it heals. I've got some gorilla glue.

/id/top-riz
add me, shitter

he's literally not silver though, that isn't possible; you can't just be 100% silver unless you are a statue.

Also how about how they fix wounds in the show 'the vikings' which is a dank show btw, where they just apply fire to a wound to seal it. Does that work?

Taxi, uber, or lyft you dumb faggot.

uber/lyft/taxi

These dude. If it's still an issue, get an Uber and get to an urgent care center or hospital.

Douse the wound in running alcohol. Keep changing the tissues, or get a towel and apply all the pressure you got on the cut. Do not try to seal the wound, don't play with the cut. Just maintain pressure and keep swapping the bloody towel.

Then go to the hospital once you're sober. Or call an uber right now.

USA. that will be $250 plus tip.

kys

beat me too it and trips
Does OP live in the middle of fucking no where?

working on it

Alcohol isn't the best choice for disinfecting cuts.

Yeah, that's how they did it for hundreds of years, OP.

Grab that knife you were using and hold it over the stove for 5 minutes and then press it into the would. You'll get a little burn, but the bleeding will stop and the wound will be sterilized.

Gold? Silver? I have no idea why these terminology is used to shitpost in this thread.

as an uber driver i've scammed so many drunk kids out of money, it's hillarious.

Also, if he can't go to the ER right away, he should go to the Urgent Care center.

I've been on Veeky Forums for years and have no clue what they're talking about.

counter strike rankings

Maybe crossboarders and/or summerfags are trying to ruin Veeky Forums again.

It will hurt like fucking hell and likely scar, but yes. If you burn yourself too bad it may then open back up tomorrow or during the night.

you want super glue (krazyglue), it was actually used in vietnam to close wounds and has since been reworked into nu-skin with a slightly different formula. Gorilla glue may be bad for you.

I sliced the tip of my finger 3/4 of the way off so I applied pressure just right and super glued the seam to seal it, then capped it with glue after. worked out pretty well.

this so much

you can dispute or ignore bills

if you're so poor it doesn't matter lads

where do you live that you can 'dispute ambulance bills' they literally won't even treat you if you don't have an ID

>handling sharp objects while physically impaired

I dunno why but while reading trough this thread i can hear the typical metal gear music in my head. Alzó by te fact that you're running out of time.

>implying you haven't done the same

>they literally won't even treat you if you don't have an I

it's medically necessary to close a wound so they cannot refuse treatment breh

by dispute I meant for OP to wait until the bill goes to collections agency and then dispute it or make a payment plan

LAND OF THE FREE though. Can't even vote for healthcare, fucking idiots

>there is still white on the paper towel
You are drunk so you are bleeding more. Post a picture of your fucking bone faggot