One of life's simple pleasures

One of life's simple pleasures.

How do you make yours?

Two flavor packets, let it sit for a while, and then drain the broth.

cook noodles, drain, add flavor sachet, squeeze of kecap manis, squirt of sriracha, teaspoon of chicken fat mix top with green onion and a fried egg

>bring water to boil
>add noodles
>cook for three minutes, stirring occasionally
>remove from heat, stir in flavor packet
A little unusual lol but I don't like instructions xD

>using the same water that you cooked the noodles in as the water you use to make the broth
disgusting

>the current year
>still buying maruchan or top ramen when virtually every grocery store sells far higher quality instant ramen for pennies more

Boil teapot of water, dump the water into a bowel which I had my ramen and packaged flavoring in. Add some pre-cut vegetables like green onions. Maybe add in some rice and soy sauce, or just leave it off to the side.

>water and noodles in pot
>boil
>stir
>eat

>using water you cooked with
>to make broth
Sorry but this is how broth is made?

I hate all those "life hacks" about adding eggs and fucking beef to shitty Ramen.
Just make some decent noodles with a good broth instead, instaramen is fucking garbage.

Yeah, and don't you want the starch from the noodles in the broth?

If you made it from brand new water it would lose that.

I think the joke here is that these are the exact instructions to making ramen.

>mfw spicy shrimp flavored ramen with kippers

I'll occasionally enjoy both instant ramen as well as kipper snacks, but the thought of combining them is vomit inducing.

>adding fish to a fishy tasting soup

The horror

I usually add green onions and basted eggs

2 pac ramen
mix with a bag doritos cool ranch
sriracha squirt
chop up some hot dog
chop up slim jim
2 shrimp ramens flava pack
4 american pre-slice cheeses
2 pac tobascos

mix alto gether

exotic flavor: add can of mackerel (use juice in can for the brof yum)

*add hot water salts an dill pickle at end.

Just had some today, it was p. bomb.

overcooked the noodles but I think that added to the appeal. After cooking, added: half the packet of flavoring (chicken), a teaspoon of oyster sauce, and a tablespoon of peanut butter.

It's just what I had on hand, but the result was delicious.

>microwaving ramen
literally the worst part of that post.

>PEANUT BUTTER
>TRIGGERED

Are you mad about the easiest, most shelf-stable way to add protein to ramen, literally the only thing it needs to be an excellent meal?

Not everyone cares able "shelf-stable" and have a fridge and freezer to store actual meat.

Hell, even frozen meat is better than peanut butter.

If you cared so much about protein how about a protein shake instead? 30 seconds.

>2 packs of ramen
>Boil water
>Cut up some spam while water is boiling
>Add all ramen & spam
>Stir
>Add one pack of seasoning
>Stir
>Wait until finished, place into bowl
>Add second lot of seasoning
>Stir
>Eat

that's pretty much it

>Not everyone cares able "shelf-stable"
okay? I do. Why the fuck else would I be using freeze-dried Ramen, when I live in an asian-majority city and can just run down to the local asian supermarket and pick up fresh made-today noodles for a buck or two?

>freeze-dried
I meant fried, fuck.

How was prison, user

peanut flavored salty noodles are good user

Jaysus fuck what the fuck man

Because you might be so lazy that you don't want to leave the house. That's common on this board.

It also might be an issue of price. This stuff is even cheaper than "a buck or two".

2 packages
drain all the water
stir in mayo
add 1 can tuna
add small can of peas
use about 1 1/2 of flavor packet
crush up some ritz crackers in it

Cook only half the block of noodles at a time with half the flavor packet. There's two servings per package, so a whole flavor packet is 66% of your daily allotment of salt.

Boil noodles in water with fresh shredded cabbage, peeled carrot, and sometimes diced onion. Add flavoring, or sometimes eschew it entirely in favor of a couple teaspoons soy sauce, garlic powder, and ginger powder. Eat.

I make my own broth: chic/beef/veg bullion, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil (for jap style). Add to that Sriracha and or crushed red pepper, fish sauce, ginger, basil & brown sugar (coconut milk if you wish), for more of a Thai style. Then veg, shredded broccoli/carrot/cabbage mix, shrooms, spinach (all of which I keep on hand frozen in the freezer), if going the this route, some tomatoes. Then frozen shrimp, or thinly sliced beef or chicken. Crack an egg to poach in the broth, or for more jap style poach an egg and reserve in a separate dish, add soy sauce and rice wine vinegar and let sit for a bit, add the lot when ready to serve. Take the packet of ramen and throw in the trash and boil up wheat spaghetti noodles (jap) or linguini in the broth.

I just add dried meat or fish to mine, because I like having the little pieces :) but maybe whole peanuts

What's the best seasoning that isn't super high in sodium?

Or sauces besides sriracha?

With bok choi and imitation crab.

Hot sauce or pepper, garlic, and onions.

I tried the mixing in cheese and it was like eating vomit.

Mixing meat in defeats the purpose of poverty noodles

>dump in whole sodium flavor packet
>Erica's hot sauce
>Sichuan peppers
>fish sauce
>tambrin sauce
>rice wine vinegar

a little of everything.

Gives it a nice hot and sour blended

I add cheese and cut up fried hotdog at the end if I am not too lazy.

>boil two packs of noodles with two eggs
>drain
>add some soy sauce and hot sauce with a bit less than one pack of seasoning
>maybe some vegetables or scallions

Chili or Picante Beef ramen, chopped garlic, homegrown thai chilis, bean sprouts, pepper, and a poached egg on top..

Fry your eggs dippy on the side so you don't have to fuck with getting the noodles and egg done at the same time.
They just overcook if you throw them in.
Chicken ramen (drained, use less seasoning) + peppers + onions + dippy eggs stirred in reminds me of roast chicken flavor and how overtly rich it was.

I will always be happier with celery, carrots and parsley in undrained ramen though.

This has potential

>They just overcook if you throw them in.
Boil the noodles for about 45 seconds before putting the eggs in.
Wa la

I usually crack an egg in about a minute before the noodles are done, and by the time you sit down to eat it will be perfect.

The yolk is the best part. How do you stop them cooking? Just do it separately and appreciate the control. Unless mommy doesn't let you use her cast iron and she doesn't want you dirtying dishes, bust out a frying pan.

If I wanted fried eggs I'd fucking fry em senpai

What's the point of dirtying more than a pot and a bowl just to make instant ramen? Plus there's plenty of control when you crack the egg directly into the pot; it's basically sitting on top of the noodles so you can just move things around a little and get it cooked perfectly, assuming you know what you're doing.

>boil noodle
>drain 90% of water
>add butter
>add cheese
>mix

you know how you seperate yolks from the whites? just literally do that above your soup,let the whites fall in, and save the yolk for when you sit down.

Here is what I like to do. It only works with the beef flavor though.

>Boil noodles
>Drain water
>Mix them up with instant rice
>Sprinkle flavoring packet on top

That shit is surprisingly amazing

If you are over 25, you shouldn't be eating that shit anymore.

>Because you might be so lazy that you don't want to leave the house.
right, and If I had to use fresh meat I'd need to leave my house to get it.

Oh wow that sounds like a great workaround. Do you throw the yolks in after cooking is over, cover and let them steam?

If you're telling people of a certain age should or should not consume something you should mind your own ducking business and continue your life as you see fit
>preachy cut go back to you'really garbage muffins cabbage faggot

Get out

>replace water with instant rice

That's probably the worst thing I've ever seen suggested in a ramen thread.

i personally just add the egg whole, but i do enjoy that creamy yolk covering my noodles. i don't like hardboiled or soft kinda yolks. runny all the way. i suppose you could cover with a lid for a hot minute and steam it all the same

>24
>will probably stop being poor in about 4 months

Like I said runny yolks on chicken flavor will remind you of roast chicken flavor, may it rest in peace.

Why?? Instant noodles aren't gonna be healthy regardless of what you do. It tastes good

i never had roast chicken. i liked creamy chicken awwrite though.

>Why??

Instant rice is dry grains. Ramen noodles need water to hydrate them and make them soft. How are you going to make the noodles soft if you add dry rice to them? Do you think that a liquid (water) and a solid (instant rice) have similar properties?

Make the noodles according to the package then put them in a fry pan on medium heat. Pour a couple scrambled eggs over the noodles and stir until the eggs is cooked and the noodles are becoming slightly crunchy. Really cuts back on the saltiness of the seasoning

>It tastes good

All you're tasting is the seasoning packet. Instant rice adds absolutely noting but a bad texture.

I think you misread his post.

>have a giant pack of dried mushrooms from chinatown
>have no idea how much to use, add a bigass fistful or two to a pack of ramen
>mfw sludge soup with noodles

>>have no idea how much to use,

So why not taste a little and if you think it needs more, add more? You can always add more. It's difficult to remove.

Make me faggot

I did it anyways just to spite meme tier egg droppers.

>fry the egg separately they say
>far more control and it wont get overcooked they say

Then user goes ahead and shows how he can't do something as basic as frying an egg and posts his abomination as though he's proud of it and it's somehow proving a point.

That's black pepper dude. And perfectly dippy.

>have always had shitty 20 cent maruchan
>go to japanese market, get random ramen, can't read shit
>end up with a thai (language) shrimp vermicelli that's spicy as balls
>blew my mind, fucking delicious
>can never eat maruchan again

I've been buying the spicy chili maruchan flavor, cooking the noodles, then throwing the drained noodles and flavor packets into a pot of chili.

daily :(

>being blind
>being an idiot

>single male cooks eggs over easy to fend off starvation
>eats them alone with a cat on the porch

>chicken fetus
>has to be steamed on top for presentation and beauty
>you must use gourmet WHITE pepper
>you must separate the eggs during cooking for EGGSTHETIC

I expect nothing more from you Veeky Forums.

Chili ramen is dank but you can usually only find it in jail.

That ring around the edge isn't pepper, it's the burnt to shit, crispy plastic bottom of the frisbee user is calling fried eggs.

Fried eggs are best with a little crunch

You wouldn't risk that happening if you'd just crack the eggs directly in the water :^)

But you gotta live up to the cast iron meme somehow, right

They were not crunchy. Not even nearly what you think they were.
You are literally blind.
Why the fuck would I cook eggs until the edges are burnt?
How do you possibly believe I could burn the edges, cook them over easy, and maintain a runny yolk all at the same time?

Do you not understand how eggs cook?
0/10 No logical argument presented. Eggs were soft around the edges.

The entire bottom was probably burnt and the edges where just the only part visible.

You burn the bottom/edges without overcooking the tops by putting them in a pan that's too hot. Do you understand how cooking works?

you are such a condescending cunt, my god

I have two ways.
Spicy Shrimp noodle-
Two cups water, one package of noodles and bullion, chopped carrot, green onion, and bell pepper, Saracha to taste, 8-10 good sized prawns.

Boil like normal. Serves two

Mongolian beef noodle-
Boil water while pan frying some beef with oyster sauce, soy sauce, black or white pepper, splash of rice wine, little sesame oil, dash of sugar, and a medium sized yellow onion.

When your meat is almost done, submerge noodles for 1 min to soften. Then transfer them to frying pan.

Finish cooking meat and mixing together.

Serves two.

Agree, time to ignore it.

>Dice some Red pepper and onions
>Fry some Fajita chicken that's precooked with lemon and black pepper
>Add a pinch of garlic powder to the broth
>Dump chicken and vegetables into bowl
>Add Ramen
>Boiled egg optional
>Enjoy

I was considering boiling some frozen vegetables to add along with the Ramen, but it seems to be a bit over board, what do you guys think?

>post food you made
>get feedback
>disagree with feedback and make excuses
>get told exactly whats wrong
>say it's impossible
>get told exactly why it's possible and how it happened
>"you're soooo mean! i'll just shut my eyes and pretend you don't exist!"

For eggs, potatoes, and meat you certainly want a hot pan. If the oil isn't lightly smoking, then you risk eggs and potatoes sticking, and meats not being properly seared on each side which results in dry meat. Also they could've done more than that one egg and the oil was just a little dirty. Then again I don't use non stick pans, so I have to follow this rule.

But the eggs in question were not burnt at all. And yes that's obviously pepper. And if you knew about cooking, you'd know that that is not a truly fried egg. They used water which is how it got that brownish coloration. Fried eggs don't use water to steam the top, instead they're fried on both sides in oil. It's probably the quickest way to cook an egg too.

So stop being a pussy fried cunt, you don't know dick from hamburger.

theres a difference between giving feedback and being a cunt. you're being a cunt.

To be fair, he started it by calling everyone an "egg dropper" and posting disgusting pictures of food out of spite.

There's a fine line between liking solid eggs and having no taste.
Just kidding, no there isn't.

>being cucked into paying more for """"""""""quality"""""""""" ramen

Let me guess, when the man at the drive through says "would you like to supersize that for only a dollar" your failing heart skips a beat as your fat mushy brain thinks "ha, I can't afford NOT to!"

What about boiled eggs?! Boiled eggs are the bomb

Hard boiled eggs are fine.
Eggs boiled into a solid shit inside your ramen is a meme and must be stopped.

ACtually i have a real question

does the nutrient information on the back include the broth? if i drink it am i getting more than the 400 calories? is the broth includede? what if I eat the noodle and sink the broth, it it less? how much less?