Can I sue or do anything?

I was recently fired from a restaurant job over the past weekend, and I was looking for any action I can take against what I believe to be an unlawful firing. If anyone can give me any advice it would be much appreciated. There is a small story to it and I will explain here.
Last month my mother and I had found my father brain dead downstairs, he had been having trouble breathing the whole weekend.We found him at 6am on Monday. A couple hours later I had called my job to tell them what was going on and that I would like a couple weeks off (I work two jobs and this one I only worked Friday and Saturday). I am jewish so I would be sitting shiva for a full week after the funeral.This past weekend was the weekend I was due to come back to work at the restaurant, Prior to anything happening I had requested off on Friday because I had purchased tickets to Black Panther. They did not accept the request. I also did not have Sundays on my availability as I work a 9-5 during the week, I was scheduled for Sunday as well. They had not contacted me about when I would be able to come back to work prior to making this schedule. Last Sunday( the 11th) is when I noticed that I was due back to work.We use hotschedules for to look for shifts or give them away and I had sent out a message asking if anyone could cover for me. I had then made a call to the managers explaining the situation to which I got an answer that she needed to go to the GM and will call me back.
I had gotten no word back from them at all, finally on Thursday( the 15th) to find out what was going on. I had talked to a different manager who I previously had also explaining the situation to him as well, with him saying something along the same lines as the first one. Come the next day and I do not show up to the shift. I get a text message from a friend who worked that night saying that they were going to "house" my shifts( give away). None of the managers had said anything or called me saying that I am fired

learn to use fucking paragraphs faggot nobody wants to read 1 giant block of text

Nope.

remember, all biz always are looking for reasons to fire and hire, and you sound like you had been borderline and started adding checks to be axed sooner. sorry man, but only getting their approval and sucking up the missed goings out would have saved that job. These mgrs just look at spreadsheet performances nowadays, so it feels less personal.

Only last option is detail the events and visit the UI office to see if they can do. Nothing to lose.

I was recently fired from a restaurant job over the past weekend, and I was looking for any action I can take against what I believe to be an unlawful firing. If anyone can give me any advice it would be much appreciated. There is a small story to it and I will explain here.
Last month my mother and I had found my father brain dead downstairs, he had been having trouble breathing the whole weekend.We found him at 6am on Monday. A couple hours later I had called my job to tell them what was going on and that I would like a couple weeks off (I work two jobs and this one I only worked Friday and Saturday). I am jewish so I would be sitting shiva for a full week after the funeral.This past weekend was the weekend I was due to come back to work at the restaurant, Prior to anything happening I had requested off on Friday because I had purchased tickets to Black Panther. They did not accept the request. I also did not have Sundays on my availability as I work a 9-5 during the week, I was scheduled for Sunday as well. They had not contacted me about when I would be able to come back to work prior to making this schedule. Last Sunday( the 11th) is when I noticed that I was due back to work.We use hotschedules for to look for shifts or give them away and I had sent out a message asking if anyone could cover for me. I had then made a call to the managers explaining the situation to which I got an answer that she needed to go to the GM and will call me back.
I had gotten no word back from them at all, finally on Thursday( the 15th) to find out what was going on. I had talked to a different manager who I previously had also explaining the situation to him as well, with him saying something along the same lines as the first one. Come the next day and I do not show up to the shift. I get a text message from a friend who worked that night saying that they were going to "house" my shifts( give away). None of the managers had said anything or called me saying that I am fired

BBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

If you use paragraphs people ridicule for using Reddit

sauce? I'll read your post if you deliver

Who cares it's a restaurant I'm sure you can get another busboy job somewhere else. Don't be a sue happy jew bag. Oh and you can basically get fired for like no reason. If they want you give and they can't fire you for one reason they'll figure something out. Did you explain to you boss you had black panther tickets cause that's probably what did it.

This dude is so right, I hope from now every faggot posts exactly the same way to piss off the reddit spacing niggers. Chickens finally coming home to roost.

If you are in an "at will" state, you can quit or they can fire you with or without cause.

brrrraaaaaHPPPPPPP

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPP

No sauce, got this from /s/ a couple years ago.

>Jewish
>Trying to figure out financial revenge by suing
Checks out

I am cause its shit jersey, but the managers themselves never actually contacted me saying I was fired.

Not sure if youre serious with your story when you post an unrelated pic

Thus

BRRAAAAAAP

What country?

Holy shit I could tell you were Jewish by the degenerate shit you posted and the way you talk non stop as if you are trying to sell me my own blood.

Take fucking note Veeky Forums this guy is going to go FAR.

How was Black Panther btw?

This tbqh

So you were meant to be back at work Sunday 11th and you didn’t show up? Then you didn’t show up when you were meant to be in Friday 16th? Sounds like you fucked it boi

What annoys me most is reddit's worst formatting mistake is when users drone on and on, ending up with a giant wall of useless text (like OP). Often a single sentence is plenty, but they insist on stuffing up the entire screen with useless dribble.

So called "reddit spacing" is the antithesis of that; it generally encourages short, concise and lean posting.

>"""""reddit spacing""""""
>not so different from meme arrow posting
>still made fun of excessively

What should really be made fun of is reddit "blocking", with what OP's style represents. But it would need a catchier name. Concise communication formatted in an aesthetically pleasing manner is in the best interest of everyone. However, I understand where people are coming from, but often it is unnecessarily ridiculed. There's a happy medium that exist but is yet to be popularly defined.

You can file a report at your local unemployment office. You may be able at the very least to get partial unemployment. Sickness to primary family is generally considered an excusable event and the company has to allow you time off.

>Sickness
Sickness/death

My own post here might be an example of the happy medium I'm describing, yet many anons would cry because I've used a newline without a full 5+ sentence paragraph. However, these are dialogues, not essays. It breaks up the various topics into easily readable 'modules', if you will.

I think this was the most efficient and aesthetic way to format the post.

And I know where people are coming from.

Reddit spacing, when abused certainly looks atrocious.

When separate lines are of the same train of thought, there is no need to insert a newline.

And in situations like this post, I understand the criticisms.

But lately, newline=reddit, and fuck it's lame

you need to hire the best jewish lawyers your synagogue recomends

The amount it's going to cost you to take any legal action is not worth it. What are your damages? No where near the value of hiring an attorney. What are you going to do, sue for your job back? On the astronomically low chance you get your job back, you think you're going to be welcome back after taking them to court? They're just going to completely fuck all your hours and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Give up. It's a fucking restaurant job. With the amount of effort and time it's going to take to lose this case, you could have sent a resume out to like 10 other restaurants and have another job by the end of the week. Don't be stupid.