Please help me get job

I need a job pol. I have a bachelor's degree and speak a foreign language. I've worked two full time jobs since college. Neither of which was remotely related to my field of study but they paid the bills. One was customer service, basically a glorified call center, and the other in software sales. I quit the first job and got fired from the second job. I find it difficult to remain motivated at a job that seems mindless and repetitive. I'm not a fundamentally lazy person, I love being given a task and I love solving problems. Cold-calling people is just not for me, I don't think I'll ever be able to enjoy a career in which cold-calling is the primary act of my job. Nor do I want to be in customer service and on the receiving end of calls all day. Both are mind numbing for me. I can't accept that I went to great schools my whole life, usually scored in the 99th percentile on standardized tests, had over a 30 on my ACT, and yet I'm working jobs that I easily could have done with an 8th grade education. It's driving me crazy. Half of the reason that I'm attracted to cryptocurrencies is that they're interesting and it has the potential of leaving wagecucking behind if I play my cards right.

Anyways though, I'm unemployed right now and if I can't find a job in a month I'll probably have to move back in with my parents. I can't do Uber or Postmates or anything like that because of a DUI. I'm thinking about going back to school, but I don't have a clue what I could actually study that would be very profitable. Based on my degrees it would "make sense" for me to go into law school or get my master's of public administration.

Other urls found in this thread:

iolite.io/
amazon.com/dp/B01K6F2236/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_RYpJAbAE4RNT0
youtube.com/watch?v=xyWJ4WGDHRE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I've thought about this, but I don't want to be a lawyer, and I don't think MPAs make too much money nor are there that many jobs you can get with that degree. I've thought about attempting to do a coding bootcam or go back to school for computer science, but people also say that you won't make much with that these days anyway. Would it be worth it to major in IT but not computer science? What to do when you're approaching 30 and dealing with these issues.

I wouldn't be posting here if I wasn't genuinely seeking advice. I feel as if I am out of options and just want to know if anyone here has ideas perhaps of jobs I haven't heard of. At this point I'd be willing to move to South Dakota and work on an oil rig but I'm not even sure if I could get that job. Trying to avoid restaurant work but wondering if I should start applying to be a server

I've thought about trying to get a political blog going, or even write articles about cryptocurrency for this website, but I'm really not the best writer. I feel like I can take one of two paths, get a full time career style job or just do the bare minimum to survive. Even if anyone has any ideas for how to make $1000 per month that would be enough to cover my expenses

could really some advice here I wouldn't be posting on Veeky Forums if I didn't think there was the possibility of useful advice. At the end of my rope here I really don't want to end up poor for the rest of my life

really depends on what city youre in. and what exactly your major was. you left those details out

bump please someone take pity upon me and read this thread and offer advice, have a rare wojack

Software sales, eh? Let's see what you're made of.

Sell me this ICO: iolite.io/

I can't really give advice. I'm in the same situation with a bachelors in accounting. Just hard to get a job without accounting experience. They obviously don't care about my unrelated experience and often they just hire people they know.

Have you tried programming? Near infinite amount of resources online in dozens of different learning formats.

If you take it seriously and/or have a knack for it, you can learn enough to get an internship relatively quickly. Maybe 3 - 6 months.

>iolite.io/

IOlite allows to program your own smart contracts even if you're not a programmer. The value prop is that you don't need to hire someone to program software for you, this ICO will do it for you.

If you're a normal company, that's at least $40k per year in savings

Imagine having your customers automatically pay you instead of having to call them and collect payment, utilizing smartcontracts allows you to do that

anyway, that's my understanding after looking at the website for a few minutes.

I would like to program but I don't even know where to begin. It seems there are a million programming languages with a wide variety of functions. Which one's should I attempt to learn?

My knowledge of programming is basically a rudimentary understanding of HTML and Microsoft Access from a high school computer science course.

How long have you been out of school for? I only ask because most of my friends who majored in Finance or Accounting ended up getting great jobs. They are the only people I really know who are buying their own homes by 26

Just google it, start anywhere. A lot of beginner sites will start you off in something like python or javascript.

Attention to detail.

>IOlite allows to program your own smart contracts even if you're not a programmer.

Allows you. Even if you're not a smart contract developer. Not all programmers can make smart contracts. The site explains this on the landing page.

>The value prop is that you don't need to hire someone to program software for you, this ICO will do it for you.

I like that you included a value prop. I don't like that you called it an ICO- the ICO won't do that, the platform will. You're selling the ICO, granted, but context matters to investors.

> Imagine having your customers automatically pay you instead of having to call them and collect payment, utilizing smartcontracts allows you to do that

I like that you went for an example use-case, important for explaining to normies. I'd go for one a bit more groundbreaking (say, pet insurance smart contract) that is more blockchain specific yet understandable by normies.

I could see that level of understanding from 1 minute, but not a few.

6.5/10 to be fair.

Don't squander opportunity that could be in front of you.

>I like that you included a value prop. I don't like that you called it an ICO- the ICO won't do that, the platform will. You're selling the ICO, granted, but context matters to investors.

yeah I know, I only said that since that's how you referred to it. I realize the service itself is much more than the token being offered.

Can you go into a bit more detail regarding the Pet Insurance Smart Contract? How would smart contracts work in the insurance industry?

give me something to sell and i will blow ur socks off

I rarely ever use Veeky Forums... How do you arrange to communicate off here without doxxing yourself?

create a disposable email at like gorilla mail or whatever.

Same thing. Go.

10 minute max, I gotta get to bed. Work in this phase is exhausting.

Or insurance in general, some are already striving for this for humans.

Car insurance.

Basically, set terms, easy verification, lack of ambiguity.

The idea is come up with something creative yet understandable by normies.

Pet microchipping might be even better.

Can you explain how it would work in car insurance? Like basically if you got in a wreck and the police assigned blame the contract would execute automatically and you would receive money from the offender's insurance company without having to contact your insurer or call people on the phone?

Do you work for IOlite?

Alright, shoot me an email at [email protected] and we'll talk.

just sent you a message, this thread will prob be archived soon

That would be one way.

And I do.

if you'd be willing to take applications from someone in the US I'll send something your way

Possible. Definitely could use someone able to do business development.

6yrs. Had about 2.5yrs of jobs inbetween there. Both office managers with waiting on people and light bookkeeping. Haven't been able to get an actual accounting job. Unemployed now for about 2 years. Getting desperate.

I'll definitely reach out just in case, I'm not going to pretend I was amazing at my job or else I wouldn't have posted this thread but I know the basics of business development and being a sales rep and can definitely get the foot in the door. At the end of the day a sales rep position is really a marketing role, with the purpose being to get the word out about the business.

For what it's worth I'm also in a very affordable area of the US in case you guys ever decided to expand and hire more people :)

Good thing we're all remote for now, though :). I'll respond to your email tomorrow. G'night.

>pol

You have to go back Also find it hilarious that a /pol/tard trumpfag is jobless hahahahaha

Ha! Good catch, not sure why I typed /pol/ instead of Veeky Forums, but I do frequent both boards (though pol not as much lately). Either way I had a job up until very recently. There's more unemployed leftists but that's besides the point. There's a reason Trump won with the white working class I'll leave it at that

just sent you another email after the initial ones, hope a half hour wasn't too long

here's hoping I didn't take too long in my reply

bump plz reply senpai

Here ya go buddy
Introduction to Computation and Programming Using Python: With Application to Understanding Data (MIT Press) amazon.com/dp/B01K6F2236/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_RYpJAbAE4RNT0

Work without grumbling
just do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey bruh.

I have had similar experiences. Got my masters. Ready to start my awesome career. Got so close to getting that crucial first job but in the end I got rejected. Second place is the first loser in this fucking soul crushing system we live in.

Yeah, all you guys who think it will eventually solve itself. It won't. If you don't land that first crucial job after your bachelor, you are going to be stuck in shit territory for a long time my friend.

Anyway, I needed a job desperately. Got a job in customer service on a small startup. It was a waste of time. Bigly.

Got a job at a company run by women and of course the Jew family who owns it). It was a larger company. Much better. Structure and Order. I liked it. It was still shit tier customer-service. By coincidence, I met a coworker from my old country (Scandinavian). By the grace of the gods he pulled me out of shit tier and I got into la crème. Corporate Finance bro.

You sound like a guy sort of similar to me. I am telling you, corporate finance / accounting is where you wanna go. You are probably good with numbers and solving problems.

Try to find some "coordinator" or "associate" role in the finance department. Learn the basics of excel. Vlookup and how to make a pivot table. Easy. During the interview act stoic and tell them you can do it. Look at Donald Trump. Be 25% like Donald Trump.

After a year of dog work you go into a business analytics role. The satisfaction and challenge will be there.

If you live in a larger urban area, your chances of making this work definitely improves.

Good luck.

This is the most shit advice I have read this month. It all relies on a friend helping you get a job. OP don't have that.

>pol

Maybe other people aren't to blame for the failures in your own life? The "system" is always the problem, it's never personal shortcomings be they image or personality related.

The unemployed rustbelt is what won Trump the Presidency.

>Masters of public administration
Sure if you want to be a leech on society
>Law school
youtube.com/watch?v=xyWJ4WGDHRE

Coordinate / Associate roles are entry levels.

What I am saying is that you will find that one person you will connect with. This one person who will help you up. People will help you if you just stop being such a whiny emotional american bitch.