I'll tell you a secret to making money. I'll only post this once...

I'll tell you a secret to making money. I'll only post this once. Every month instituional money/whales are heavily manipulating BTC to end at an all time low the day futures expire (last friday of the month, 23th this month). Look at last month. Shorting now and going long after the 23th is literally free money. You're welcome.

23th

>23th
wow thanks for the advice bro

But what about december?

can someone explain to a Brianlet what 'shorting' and 'going long' mean

It's gonna be a hell of a ride

Thx just got liquidated 100k

>t. desperate bag holder failed attempted at fomoing with some pathetic bs

Omega is that you?

Shorting is "betting" the price will go down, and going long is up basically

Going long is buying a coin in expectation of it rising

Shorting is selling a coin because you think it will go down

thanks yall

does anyone really think one post in biz is ever gonna change the price of bitcoin at this point...

why would they do that? why not pump it up at the end of the contract instead?

aha all based on one month tho?

Realistic analogy for shorting is you rent a Lambo for $1000 a day. You sell Lambo to Tyronne for $100,000 cash. You are expecting Tyronne to get shot or wrecks the car before he registers it.
You keep paying the $1000 rental until one of the above or Tyronne shoots you!

>23th
Thank you for sharing your vast knowledge.

also, going long usually has with it the benefit of hodling as long as you want.
shorting implies that you're saying "on a certain given date the price of stock/coin X will be below "whatever" price", so it's a bit more risky.

This. Inflation is a gift everybody. Embrace it.

all I want to know is where the OP image is

Give this man a classroom and a white board.

We can all learn a thing or two from him.

That was only true once, in the last month, that isn't a very concrete trend

How long has the Futures market existed?

>23th
Thanks Pajeet

First futures expired January 14th and 26th.

You can check price movements shortly before and on those days.

Holy shit you idiots don't know what you're talking about.

Going short is buying the right to sell at x price based on the spot price, going long is buying the right to buy at x price based on the current spot price.

There's no actual buying or selling of the underlying until maturity, and even then it's usually cash settlement (Which is currently the only option for BTC futures).

So no you can't just long and hold indefinitely you retard, if settlement price is above spot price you're fucked and lose money.

This is why you never listen to Veeky Forums

same

>23th
>23th
>23th

>Going short is buying the right to sell at x price based on the spot price, going long is buying the right to buy at x price based on the current spot price.
that's option trading you fucking gypsy. youre havent got a fucking clue

So BTC is going negative?

heh

Futures as well you mongoloid, and that's what "going short/long" are in reference to.

Don't you just love it when ignoramuses try to sound smart?

Idiot. Shorting is selling at a specific present spot price even though you don't own the asset yet because you made a contract with the owner of the asset (in this case bitcoin) to basically "rent" the asset and pay the asset owner later depending on future spot prices. Hence when you short today and price moves down, you profit and when you short and price moves up, you incur a loss. He's right and you're a fucking retard.

Idk why but I began to laugh uncontrollably more than I have in a long time when I saw that...it produced a tear almost goddamn I love /biz

>3CeNTz
o-ok

Same dumb shit redditors have been posting since the crash. Smug brainlet op

Remember to dump on the 23th

You can absolutely short or long without using derivatives. Besides Bitmex and OKCoin for example offer BTC settled high leverage derivatives

Noice

> So no you can't just long and hold indefinitely you retard,

Bitmex perpetual swap is well... perpetual, unless you get liquidated.
Also OKEX 3-month futures are good enough in most cases. Downside is that you have to wait until the end of quarter to cash out.

>literally free money
We cant lose guys!!!

lets do it!

is this katy perry?

I want some of those