Does anyone else feel like the whole decentralization meme of crypto is never going to work out?

Does anyone else feel like the whole decentralization meme of crypto is never going to work out?
I think coins like Bitcoin that focus on this idea are destined to fail just like how some people used to think communism was going to bring true power to the people and decentralize the world governments. The idea seems good on paper but when implemented in real life there are serious flaws that just can't be overcome.
The only thing interesting to me is will the world see conflict over this idea such as communism did with wars and revolution or will people just give up on it and admit that the idea is complete shit?

nope

>Uber is decentralized transportation
>Airbnb is decentralized housing
The future is decentralization. It'll work itself out.

>The idea seems good on paper but when implemented in real life there are serious flaws that just can't be overcome.
such as? what has stopped bitcoin so far?

I don't even use bitcoin because it takes 3 hours to transfer anywhere and costs $100 to do it and that's only 1 way. I'ts safe to say many people do the same exact thing for the same exact reason and Bitcoin is stuck being a speculative meme money because of that.

>communism
>decentralise

Absolute brainlet, communism’s whole goal was to centralise everything, one government for the whole world, etc. Fucking retard

this and op thinking btc takes 3 hrs and has a $100 fee convinces me he's a complete brainlet

How is either uber or airbnb decentralized? Traditional taxa services are more decentralized, I mean, you could make a taxa company and do everything on your own - now you can't, but have to wagecuck for a big global corporation.

I can't think of a single decentralized thing that hasn't been killed off. The internet used to be full of forums, irc channels, usenet nodes, blogs and what not - now it's all centralized on platforms like facebook, reddit and Veeky Forums.

yeah democracy has no flaws on paper, people should have realized that democracies will never be able to stand against monarchies and just abbandon the idea

do some research and it won't take you long to understand what I am talking about.

not being able to comprehend that I am emphasizing to make my point makes me wonder if you are autistic or just never have anyone to talk to in your life.

Is bitcoin really decentralized when the majority of bitcoins are held in a few hands?

It will work, look into Everpedia

Blockchain literally only exists to disempower central banks / fiat.

The whole decentralized computer thing of ethereum is a stupid fad. We already have internet.

people in media specifically are natural anti-conformists. then the public conforms to whatever the media says

until decentralization becomes the norm, we will keep pushing it until there is something else to identify ourselves with

ok so you don't have any actual examples.

Crypto is the modern pyramid scheme on steroids. Anyone with a brain can see that. The decentralization meme is bullshit. There's no such thing as "no trust". For decentralized crypto to work, there's still needs to be trust for the nodes, the exchanges, the developers, and all other entities that are directly/indirectly involved.

No. It's just like saying a country is democratic and free when you only get to vote for corrupt politicians and only freedom allowed is being a degenerate.

it won't, bitcoin mining is a testament to that. it's centralized to shady chinamen and uses more electricity than whole countries.

ETH Casper will work though.

>1488

Yeah, the vast majority of people who own bitcoin don't give a fuck if it's decentralized or not. Almost everyone is only in it for the gains.

this

If you think decentralization will fail, then you might as well say ALL cryptocurrencies will fail. The ENTIRE POINT is that it works decentralized.

Otherwise you can just use traditional servers and have 10000x cheaper + better performance.

protip: it's vaporware

Google can't even get the scaling Vitalik memes about with trustfull distributed databases and decades of research in distributed systems

Sorry, Vitalik isn't god and can't override fundamental physical limits to communication and consensus in a global network

But communism wasn't adopted by the people, with was strongmand upon them. Are you saying some fat nerds who didn't make it will strongman us into communism if we make it?

It was more mainstream to the eye and it's sad for once really great, but dead websites like MySpace. It used to be pretty cool with all the things you could do to your profile. Now it has none of that. The blockchain could open up the ability for people to reopen some of the ways that we used to do things. Stay away from blockstream and hashgraph.

The grounds on which you build your analogy do not make sense. You're comparing a system of governing a society to a technological innovation. It is technology. Not socioeconomics. Why in the flying fuck do you think Bitcoin still exists? If it was going to fail, it would have happened already. It's too late OP, get a grip.

I think that the mainstream companies and establishment are going to fight for centralization with all their power. It's hard to fault bitcoin for failures in other peoples systems.

>doesnt know what emphasize or hyperbolize mean
>calls others autistic

>he fell for the bcash shill mempool meme

implementing a decentralized currency is very hard because almost nobody is trying to do that rn
everyone who makes a new cryptocurrency makes sure he has a big stack of it and that it is deflationary.
and this is a big problem because the fact your coins will be worth more the next day discourages using your currency as ...currency.
also 'decentralized' is in conflict with 'fast'. The bubble has to burst so people can focus on making something that works and not something that will make them rich.
pic related.