Horseradish

What do you Veeky Forumsucks think of horseradish?

Ive been addicted too the stuff ever since i tried the horseradish sauce at buckhorn.

I seriously put that on everything

I love it. I put some on my roast beef sandwiches every time I have one. I also love it in sweet and sour cabbage, and even on a grilled cheese.

I'm the same, horseradish sauce is amazing. I can't say I've ever eaten fresh horseradish unfortunately, because nobody around here ever sells it.
Anyway, the best things ever is lentils with horseradish. That combo is amazing, one would also add ginger/garlic. In fact you could use red lentils and make it a sort of dip/puree.

horseradish is a meme

>lentils with horseradish. That combo is amazing, one would also add ginger/garlic
You're listing all of my favorite things. I've made spicy lentils before, but never used horseradish for the heat. I'm going to have to try this. If you have a general recipe of how you make them I would like that

What's the point you're trying to make, user?

I'm just shit posting

frankly I only use it for clearing my sinuses

Freshly grated horseradish adds a lot of flavor to anything. Love it on fried pork.

Isnt everything we ever do in life a shitpost?

Its flavor is seriously unique and the spice sensation just is superb

Nope. My reply to your post will be cherished for eternity. Wait and see.

Hey op, trader Joe's has something called "wasabi mayo"

I used to put horseradish on everything, then I discovered the wasabi mayo which has a slightly stronger but similar flavor

It's amazing

i love it. when i was a teen we used to go to arbys and i would always steal a couple bottles of horsey sauce. i wonder if they still have that? these days i buy it fresh and grate it myself. its super pungent and has a kick. if you let it sit a while it will mellow to a very nice level to use on pretty much anything you like it on.

Indispensible for many rich pork dishes like grilled pork shank or fried blood sausage.

Could you elaborate on your recipe?

I steal these from the pub all the time (as well as all the other sauces)

I'll definitely give it a fair try on a few dishes. I dont know if itll dethrone the godking horseradish though

>then I discovered the wasabi mayo which has a slightly stronger but similar flavor
Try freshly grated horseradish sometime.

I have, though fresh horseradish isn't as convenient as either horseradish based condiment

Have you ever eaten wasabi? Then you've most likely eaten horseradish.

No, seriously, most commercial 'wasabi' is coloured horseradish paste. Genuine condiment is scarce outside of Japan, and even they have to import from other Asian countries because production can barely keep up with demand. Wasabi is a bitch to cultivate in general.

>Not cu/ck
ONE FUCKING JOB.

Not to mention actual wasabi is overrated due to its absurd price.

Op here. Sorry. Im still New to this whole shit posting thing. I've been a long time lurker

However, to substitute for the taste they tend to refine the horseradish powder then add color, so there is a distinct difference in strength