Is there worse fast food than Dunkin Donuts?

No

I honestly hope they shut down the entire chain for good

Dunkin Donuts gets enough business from Rhode Island alone that they'll never shut down.

I was out once they stopped using the "scrambled" frozen egg patties and started using the "fried" frozen egg patties.

New England in general is weird about dunkin donuts.

>goes to a place called dunkin donuts
>doesn't just get the donuts

>reminder that dd is solely responsible for this misspelling of "doughnuts" to be considered acceptable

that looks like it would taste pretty decent...

Seriously what's up with the north east and this place?

I like the coffee. Always found the donuts and food to be pretty underwhelming.

As a kid in the 80's and 90's they were a treat. Today they aren't that bad but not that good. They are sometimes stale but a step up from entemann's and the like. About on par with supermarket bakery donuts. Something you mostly get for nostalgia. I think its main appeal is speed and not quality today.

I grew up in Philly, where Wawa is the convenience store of choice for everyone from the stoner to the working man to the multi-millionaires in Bucks County.

I moved to Connecticut and the way people treat this garbage food/coffee like the best thing ever is frightening. The quality of DD went downhill before I ever moved up here, but I can tell it's gotten worse the few times I've been to a DD.

I wish there were more local, small-business doughnut shops open long hours. I also wish I lived in the test market of a decent fast food chain. Instead we get to taste shit like the peeps doughnut a few months earlier than everyone else. WHOOPDIE DOO.

I've had egg mcmuffins that taste more like "real food" than the sandwiches at this place. Even the bagels are shit. WHY would you go to DD for a bagel when we've got 10/10 jewish delis all over the place?!

My theory is that before DD quality went to the shitter, they hooked everyone in New England so much that they've gotten people going out of habit now, even though everything on the menu tastes like shit. DD also started in NE, and the HQ is in Mass. if I remember right. There's literally one DD within 2-3 min driving distance of anywhere you are.

I like some of their stuff. They are really cheap but not bad for th price. every once in awhile you'll get something that has a bit of a freezer burnt taste to it. Has happened with both donuts and their grilled cheese for me. I like most of what i have gotten though. Dont get anything with meat.

> stale donuts
> brown water called coffee
> rude

I've been there 3 times in the past two years out of 'convenience.' Each time an order straight of the board is made incorrectly. Last time they didn't put egg on my egg sandwich. Then rude when asked to put egg?

Tldr 3 worst food experiences in my life are Pukin' Poop-nuts (R)

Their donuts suck more than anything else they have

I eat a donut from DD nearly every day at the office.

Boston kreme for life

I'm sorry you live such a sad life.

I knew a guy who was a manager there and he said he took a liquid shit and served it in the coffee and customers it was the best Dunkin' coffee they ever had!

>taking donuts personally

Dunkin donuts is unpatriotic

New Englander here. I honestly think it's a shame how McDonald's gets a lot of shit for being the worst of the worst, both food and service wise. I've had them fuck up my order or be straight up rude to me a lot more often at Dunk's than I ever have at McD's.

Shit tier donuts but decent coffee.
Hot chocolate isn't too bad either so good enough to stay I guess

Nice kwahsawnt

Better be a Yellow Boston Cream or ur a fagit

You shouldn't get anything other than donuts and drinks from DD.

Why would you go to a Jewish deli for an overpriced bagel when there are Thomas bagels?

Dunkin Donuts only does one kind

The ones in PA do White Boston Creams which are so disgustingly sweet I cant imagine how even the most disgusting pig fat people can stand them

It's "weird" in the sense that the company began in New England and for a long time was a regional chain.

exactly, it's a donut and coffee stand that has grown too big for its britches. expecting anything other than donuts or coffee from DD is bound to get you disappointed.

They had an eggs benedict sandwich for a bit. Benedict is easily my favorite breakfast of all time, so I gave it a try, still expecting it to be low Dunkin quality.

I nearly threw up. Easily the single worst promo item any fast food place has ever served me.

>reminder that dd is solely responsible for this misspelling of "doughnuts" to be considered acceptable
Bless those saints; writing it out in full is cumbersome.

>praises mcdonald's
>shits on dunkin donuts

lol. their coffee isn't bad, just get coffee and a donut/bagel or something and stop trying to buy whole fucking meals there

Thomas are my main negritos for everything english muffin

In NE, the stores are tiny re-purposed houses with attics and everyone goes there-- even those too poor for most fast food. They are the most populous fast food restaurant.

I never tried a krispy kreme donut until moving out of the NE area.

In most other states, the building style has been updated and they actually have competitors.

RI has more doughnut shops per capita than any other state, yet people still go to DD despite having tons of local places that have been around forever.

I've gotten something similar but that was much better done and with real egg when I was in a rush though I usually just get coffee/donuts when I go there.
Really it's more an issue of your locality and the people working/managing the place near you. Big franchises put a lot of effort towards creating consistency but you can only account for human error/variation so much.

In my part of NY they have never had any competition. It wasn't until I went to socal that I saw a donut place that was not a chain. They might have all been asian. Who would trust an asian with sweets?

I worked at a DD for a few years before I got a real job and I never thought there was much wrong with the actual product.

The real shortcoming was in the service. They pay minimum wage to pretty much the whole staff and offer no benefits or even a lunch break on an eight hour shift. Almost every single shift I ever worked there, I would have to clean up and replace everything right away. New coffee every 15 minutes, new donuts at 6AM or 6PM, new iced tea/coffee every 4 hours etc. I'm pretty sure I was the only person who actually did any of these things. Nobody cleaned anything, nobody recorded fridge temperatures or inventory. Everyone looked at me like I was retarded whenever I asked them to help me actually maintain the standards we were supposed to meet. Whenever I go to a DD and taste a shitty stale donut or bagel or drink swamp-water coffee I know its because the staff are lazy shits.

Also, the franchise inspectors who come around periodically test the staff for speed. They make their order, which is always a bunch of nonstandard items, and you have two minutes to have it in their hands. If you can't do it they tell the manager to fire you.

The food can be decent (for fast food) with even a little effort, but you'll rarely get that.

Dutch Farms, nigga.

Pretty sure not giving a lunch break and two 15 minute breaks for 8+hr shift is illegal.

>illegal
nice buzzword you faggot

Just so you know, Wawa is having the exact same problem now. People in the area still hold it up as this mecca of convenience store grub, but everything is so bland and plastic-tasting now.

Meanwhile they're busy tearing down all the comfy old-style Wawa stores (pic related) to put up the enormous ones with 20 gas pumps, and opening dozens of stores in places like Florida.

Do you happen to be an owner of a small business?

DD is truly the inferior donut store

KK is okay but nothing special.

>I knew a guy who was a manager there and he said he took a liquid shit and served it in the coffee and customers it was the best Dunkin' coffee they ever had!

Is this what you like to do with your life? To go and tell lies on the internet?

fem pajeets run mine. they can serve a line of customers in no time.

Truth!