Do you like Jewish food?

Do you like Jewish food?
Please no oven jokes...

Other urls found in this thread:

cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014721-shakshuka-with-feta
cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015727-kasha-varnishkes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I've only had bagels, kosher rye, babka, and reubens. They are all okay.

I use kosher salt with all my cookings, does that count?

I've had saltine crackers, does that count?

i hate potato knishes, i had mushroom knishes once at a fancy party and they where great but i never saw them again

Live in NYC, do 2nd Ave or Katz's once every couple of months.

Why do you start this exact thread every 2 weeks?

I ain't no challaback girl

>Silly Jew thinks he can tell people what to do

You're half baked with that kind of thinking.

>Complains about Thread about jewish cuisine every two weeks

>Fast food shilling and amerifat garbage everyday

Few times I've been around that camp
So it's not just gonna happen like that
'Cause I ain't no challaback girl

Ay', what am I? Chopped liver?

Challah is my favorite bread, and babka is amazing, one of my favorite desserts. I've not tried anything else though.

Absolutely. Just made shashouka last night. Matzo ball soup? Fuck yeah. Corned beef sandwich? All day. Lox & bagels? Much niggah.

>fast food shilling and amerifat garbage everyday

I report/hide fast food shitposting, but these threads are weird because OP obviously knows that they're going to attract /pol/ garbage, but they're always still half people actually giving legitimate replies.

>amerifat garbage

The largest Jewish population outside of Israel is in America, so most people talking about Jewish food here are going to be Americans...

> but these threads are weird because OP obviously knows that they're going to attract /pol/ garbage, but they're always still half people actually giving legitimate replies.
Well it's not like you can prove the OP has bad intentions, and be that as it may if the thread is full of legit responses, why is it offensive? This is a cooking board, and you don't think an entire subset of cuisine deserves one thread now and again? Plus no matter what a Jewish thread looks or who starts it, it's going to inevitably get playful or sincere anti-semitic remarks. So it goes.

I grew up with Ashkenazi Jewish food, so I like most of it.

Major comfort food for me is kasha varnishkes. My mom used to make it for me, I love it so much.

*shakshuka

Recipe, add spinach: cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014721-shakshuka-with-feta

Recipe?

>you can prove the OP has bad intentions

When he repeatedly starts the exact same thread with an image of challah bread in the OP, do you really think it's absurd that maybe he was just making a setup for someone to ask how much it costs?

Never mind: cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015727-kasha-varnishkes

>no cream and onions
get out of my face

I had a crush on a Jewish classmate at uni. I always wanted to ask him out, but felt worried I would offend him, so I tried to learn about Jewish culture, and realized I never had Jewish food.

Does anyone have a simple recipe I could cook up?

I pay extra because of kosher, does that count?

Matzo ball soup m8, make him think you was his mum

I remember every time I've been to that place. It's a shame there are so few others left.

>pulla
>bread
LOLWUT

Honestly? Challah is my favorite bread by far. I love serving it warm with shakshuka.

Grew up on homemade matza ball soup. It was good, but honestly nothing too special. What's really wonderful though, is a hot poppy bagel and cream cheese with salted lox piled high. That with a coffee makes an incredible lunch.

Yeah i like pork

How much does Challah Cost?

if it's jewish, probably not a lot

Go to a good bakery. You can probably get a loaf for like 6

Its enriched with a lot of butter and eggs so its more costly than your normal loaf on top of being harder to find.

It also goes moldy easily if you don't dry it out after a couple of days. Makes the best bread pudding/french toast though.

change the second line to "so not gonna get gassed like that" and you're golden

Challaback Girl by Gwensch Tefani

You guys are pretty slow.

I made matzo ball soup because of one of these threads. It was nice, but I don't know if I made it entirely correctly as the balls were quite dense/thick. Is that standard?

I'd be interested in trying more Jewish food. There must be a lot of Jews in my area because the supermarket near me has a whole aisle for kosher options.

>No oven jokes
>Posts a pic of a bread

I suppose they made that by leaving it out in the Sinai desert for 4 hours.

Like it? I'm loven it!

I love bagels, latkas and knishes OP

>tfw bagels in manhattan are all overpriced trash

Sometimes you can get census data off of wikipedia for your town.

A few days ago I saw a story about the avocado shortage and how it was affecting the city. One vendor was selling them $80-90 per a box. Years ago I think I saw another story about them selling apples for $10/fruit maybe. That's the kind of capitalism you can expect in the shitty yet Obama and senpai want us all to live in these megalopolises.

so f_a_m now is replaced with senpai....ridiculous

baka desu senpai

Never eaten Jewish food, there are less than 2000 Jews living here

U.S. here... not sure what is jewish cooking? I onlky stick greasy fucking chinese food and fucking 'go 'zas in my fat FUCKING MOUTH :( :( :(

This is a great recipe. The trick is to cook the onions on a dry pan, very slowly. You'll want to use twice as much as you think you'll need. A single medium onion will cook down to almost nothing.

senpai notice me

/pol/ garbage is a constant consistent leak out of their containment board, it's stupid to censor yourself just because it'll trigger their oversensitive feels.

Go to Brooklyn then

underrated post

To all the Jews in this thread: get the fuck out of Europe before the oncoming war.

If you mean Israeli food, yes.