How's your frying game?

How's your frying game?

do you bread or batter it? that chicken looks really miserable...

A lot better than this. Nobody makes better chicken wings than I do. Do you even put the wings in the fridge after you bread them?

Much better than yours.

If you're going to repost your shitty food for no apparent reason you could at least just use the food gore thread (right below this thread at the time of typing this).

your oil is too hot and whatever you dredged with didn't adhere too well to the chicken

frying isn't necessarily hard, but fried chicken is more difficult than one would think. a lot of factors to juggle and any one out of wack leads to subpar chicken

I dry in the fridge overnight before breading dusting, then back in the fridge for a bit. Can't stand soggy wings.

I don't get it. Brits are always so proud of their fish and chips but in 9 out of 10 pictures posted it's like it was the fry cook's first day on the job. That looks terrible.

It's really not that difficult to get it evenly coated and evenly cooked.

Mum never let me eat (KFC) fried chicken growing up. Only fried chicken I ever had were buffalo wings.

Feelsbadman.jpg

It looks like the cocoon from species

Battered fish is shit. Most overrated part of our "cuisine"

fuck flour

use panko only, and season that shit

crack eggs into a bowl and mix that shit together

seasoned panko in bowl right next to it

use one wet hand and one dry hand

slop chicken through the egg wash

throw that eggy chicken in the panko and dredge thoroughly

once you're done, you can use a pinch of panko to test your oil to see if it's hot enough

cook 'em till they're golden brown

Terrible. I can't fry for shit

>leaving the tip attached
>not separating the drum and flat
>uneven exterior
breh... I'm sure it was delicious, but breh....

I never fry at home, it's too messy and a waste of oil
Fried food is the only kind of food I buy already prepared

>wait for oil in pot to cool
>pour it through cheesecloth through funnel into clean, bomber sized beer bottle(s)
>apply new cap
>store in the pantry and repeat a dozen times before using more fresh oil than necessary to cover what you're deep frying

>Wedge of lemon, weird-looking mushy peas, chips cut too thin.

Son, no True Brit made that plate of fish and chips.

>putting your fried foods on a paper towel instead of a cooling rack

Retard alert

Exquisite Dutch deep fry, only ox fat used of course

Frikandel speciaal

Above is a broodje carrero speciaal

Broodje kroket (Kwekkeboom) with mustard

Nasischijf

Chicken nuggets

Hand made croquettes. Made from lean beef and beef stock (simmered for a full day), roux blanc and various herbs and spices. I also make my own chips/fries, it's really easy and they taste incredibly good.

How many types of frying are there exactly?

I've only really tried breading with breadcrumbs and panko, battering (once with beer, turned out eh), and just plain cornstarch before but I feel like I can't even get past normal restaurant tier fried foods. It normally doesn't come out crispy enough or has a really boring texture. Other fried foods I've had were normally more jagged and crunchy.

I normally use vegetable or peanut oil but I've heard good things about shortening. Not sure if that's the real difference maker but subtle things like escape me. The most prep I'll do is brine for a while..