Who else here Wooden Utensil Master Race?

Who else here Wooden Utensil Master Race?

I started using wood 5 years ago and never went back. Works great on steel and castiron

nice bacteria soaked into the wood

>nice bacteria soaked into the wood
Myth busted long ago senpai

It goes into a hot pot, stop living off cereal and fast food, you faggot.

>no freakishly small wooden spoon

Have never used anything but, save slotted spoons & ladles.

Only ones I use are the medium spoon and saute paddle, though I use my wooden spoon more than half the time I cook anything.

I use only wood. My last housemate had plastic utensils, and one day I used one. It fucking melted. Why the living fuck do you put meltable chemical ridden cancer causing crap in a hot pan with your food? I don't like metal because it scrapes. Wood is nice. I'm using 1$ ones from the goodwill right now until I go get a better one (just moved, had to get rid of everything.) I had a spoon/spatula combo one that worked really well for everything, wish I kept it.

I only use wood and a few silicon spatulas, those work really well for scraping sauces out of a pan.

I only use a wooden spatula... Err, sauté paddle. The rest came in a steel set. Wood feels good desu senpai

this

I have wood, metal, and silicone depending on the application.

glad it's not just me. so mortified I have not been using the correct culinary term for what I now know is a saute paddle.

I couldn't imagine not using a flat bottomed wooden spoon as my main cooking utensil.

I stopped using plastic after one of my plastic spatulas melted into my double boiler of dark chocolate

what's the point of a corner spoon? and saute paddle to a lesser extent, isn't it basically just a turner

>what's the point of a corner spoon? and saute paddle to a lesser extent, isn't it basically just a turner

I primarily use it like a suate paddle because it scrapes along the edge of high walled pans better and can also be used to taste as you go better......so I basically only use it for recipes that are soupy/saucy that I'm not familiar with...otherwise i just use a saute paddle

corner spoon is my fav, use it every day
i'm gradually replacing everything with silicone tho

>i'm gradually replacing everything with silicone tho

Why is that senpai

easier to wash and doesn't scratch surfaces
wooden utensils can leave scratches

>wooden utensils can leave scratches
NotSureIfSerious.Jpeg

i have scratches in a brand new pan because i used one of these

>i have scratches in a brand new pan because i used one of these

Physics (hardness) sort of says that is impossible for the most part....if it did happen, it's from an extremely shitty pan....