Airplane food thread

Airplane food thread

Recently flew ANA to narita, had great food. Lots of different fish and it all tasted really good for being airline food

Can one order kosher food if not a Jew? Do they check?

Last time i took a flight I took 8 mgs of klonopin. passed out within 5 minutes of getting in the air. Woke up 4 hrs later, ate 3 packs of these and landed. It's tough being this rich.

NOT FOR PASSOVER USE

I kek'd

I drank codeine syrup last time I flew (not black btw) and it was the most relaxing flight ever. Then got paranoid going through customs

Yeah, they have a different set of rules for passover.

I just learned this earlier this week.

>Airplane food

Unless I need to do business when I get off I just get fucking hammered. First class and business are even shit for food. You can make an omelet at ten-thousand feet but I'm not likely to eat it.

I take tranqs and drink a couple whiskeys. No matter how many times I fly it doesn't change the fact that you're sub-orbital and the whole thing is fucking insane.

this is all i accept, even for +10 flights.

you starving nags. do you also keep what you dont eat?

>not getting plastered

You don't know a good flight, you water-drinking fag. Also, you are a fucking sub-human if you take your shoes off. at least bring a pair of slippers in your carry-on you fucking savage.

what's wrong with taking shoes off?

You fucking stink and people have to sit next to you. Next time you fly bring a pair of slippers to be courteous. I have a pair of ugg slippers that I exchange for my shoes in my carry-on luggage.

People who travel often should fucking do that.

I once had some stuff on an airplane from some company called Monty's Bakehouse.
Their lemon cake was amazing and I want to to try to find a recipe like it, but haven't had any luck yet

If you have a foot odor problem you should fix the foot odor problem. Putting on ugg slippers isn't going to trap the odor, plus you have to take off your shoes to put on the slippers. Horrible

You're probably wearing the same shoes every day, not changing your socks, not washing your feet, and all your shoes and socks are made of horrid synthetics

You might want to look into merino, it's the ideal sock material even in hot weather. Never wear the same pair more than once every three days, keep your shoes in shoe trees, and for god's sake do a better job of cleaning your body. You probably have terrible BO and have to spray your body with axe just to cover it up

Dude, are we having a foot-odor argument?

I just don't like seeing some asshole take their shoes off next to me. It's a cultural thing. I bring my slippers because I still think your feet should be covered. This isn't the tran-am to rio you savages. Civilized company means having your feet covered. This isn't a cruise, it's a here, and there affair.

>it's a cultural thing
What culture is that, specifically?

I'm going to take my shoes off whenever it damm well pleases me, don't project your hygiene problems on everyone else

I bet you don't wipe after taking a shit

Northwest US.

We're extremely polite unless you start doing some northeast US shit. Chewing with your mouth open. Being racist in public company, and generally being annoying because it's tolerated in a "culturally diverse" place.

>being this cucked
lmao

Well that's funny because that's where I'm from and I've never heard of this

I fly on a monthly basis

See a doctor about the foot odor

PNW here. Stop being a faggot.

I fly British airways transatlantic a few times a year. I drink as much vodka and tonic as I can, plus a couple of those small bottles of red wine with the meal. I eat whatever they put in front of me. Never the sweet though.

It's not my foot odor man.

I was on a flight to Anchorage and some fuckhead from Kentucky decided that the whole cab needed to smell his funk. It was motherfucking prolific.

>Traveling by plane.
Plebs

did you get rapeed by a foot or some shit

It's obviously yours too because you assume that it's inherent to the act of taking off your feet that the entire cabin fills with foot disease smells, as demonstrated by your initial explanation

I guarantee you on any given flight longer than 4 hours you are completely surrounded with feet clad in nothing but socks. The horror!

See a doctor about the foot odor, you've got some kind of fungal infection

I love rail but it's so goddamn slow. Canada still has a passenger rail system but here in the US we only have a few stations still functioning. My sister traveled on Canadian rail and we had to pick her up from the asshole of nowhere because we don't really support passenger rail anymore.

HOLY FUCKING KEK AT THAT FILENAME AHAHAHAHA

DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE IT?

If you're going to keep being an obstinate cunt then I guess there's no dealing with you. I was traumatized by something that smelled like a mix of death and hell by somebody who sat next to me, but no; it's my problem.

I guess I have foot odor.

The Acela is faster than flying if you're going NY to DC, but yeah in most areas it's just for weirdos with too much time on their hands

Fuck Amtrak. Get off my god damned rail.

The reason you're being so defensive here is that a part of you realizes you're the guy from Kentucky. Not literally of course, but you have a foot odor problem, which you're in denial about, and so rather than fixing it which would require you to accept that you're in some sense unclean, you project rage everywhere and say no one should be allowed to take their shoes off because they're all oblivious retards who can't tell when they have a problem that will inconvenience others.

Again: wearing slippers isn't enough. Keep the shoes on, and get a doctor to check out your feet.

Did you just get done with your first year of University in pursuit of a psychology degree?

Your line of writing certainly reads like it.

No psych degree needed. You literally explained everything, quite clearly. And then tried to pass it off as though this was about "culture"

No one is fooled, not even that part of you that feels bad about it. Dirty. Because you are dirty.

See a doctor.

I think Russian cosmonauts were given phenibut as an anti anxiety but don't know how effective it was

This is monstrously amusing.

I nailed you to the wall.

Kill yourself my man

Yes, I'm sure you're not burning with self-consciousness as you hunted for the perfect reaction image to show how disinterested you are in this whole thing

You might have found out something new about yourself, but you're too busy doing damage control

You got rekt dude, deal with it

air pajeet

I've actually taken Air India and other than the hilariously obsolete equipment (now retired), the food itself was totally fine. If I could have an Air India meal replace every future economy class meal for the rest of my life, I'd be ok with that. It's nothing amazing but it's better than pasteurize process cheese food snack boxes with HFCS jelly for $14 like you get on most US airlines these days.

>paying $14 for airline food

ill take the free soda thnx. im not obese so i won't get shakes if i don't eat for a few hours.

Not even him, just wear shoes and save literally everyone in the cabin the chance that they might have to smell anyone's feet

lol howd u know i take shoes off. but anyway i am careful enough to be wearing new or just-washed socks and my feet dont stink.

and it is as disgusting, or even more, to be eating next to unknown people. might as well just eat with your hands from a common plate.

Yeah, I see it.

Sometimes people travel for business and they don't have time to stop and eat a full meal on the way to/from the airport

My feet smell faintly of leather and whatever detergent my socks were washed in

Whatever gross foot disease you have is your problem to deal with

>mfw i take my shoes off and crisscross applesauce while having a meal at a restaurant

>travel for business
>yet still disorganized and unprofessional in your traveling you can't fit a meal in before departure

>unprofessional
Yeah I'm just going to interrupt the meeting that I flew all the way out here for just because I'm too much of a fucking prima donna to eat airplane food

You've never actually worked in a white collar job before, have you

>yea im just gonna wait until the last minute to get to the airport, miss my flight and interrupt the meeting anyways

if you literally don't have the extra 8 minutes to eat a subway sandwich or whatever they have, then you've already fucked up whether you stop to eat or not

>fat drunk stumbling into the airport late
>feet stink, dirty no shower
>wearing wrinkled dirty clothes from the night before
>only concerned about buying cheap food on the plane
>im a buidness man

and im a loan analyst btw, a good part of my work are inspections. you've never flown for business, have you?

If you travel for business-related purposes, usually your workplace has you flown-in in Business as such, you're guaranteed a warm meal and access to the snacks offered at the airport lounge.

post a picture of your stomach with a time stamp

>im a busy loan analyst
>i barely have time to eat

Right because a subway sandwich is so much better than an airplane box meal
I fly about once a month, you?
>If you travel for business-related purposes, usually your workplace has you flown-in in Business as such
Out of touch boomer detected, nobody flies business anymore except senior executives. The only upgrades I get are from silver status which is pleb tier on any routes that actual people fly on

it's not very busy work, but regardless if you don't show up at least an hour and a half before boarding you're just begging for shit to happen.

>it's not very busy work
Obviously not, if you can plan your site visits around leisurely meals at a restaurant of your choice

>nobody flies in business
>implying

I am flying tomorrow in business and I am fucking 22. I paid for my flight in cash and it was incredibly cheap. Like 100 pounds for a return trip to Spain.

yes, it is so much better.

>I fly about once a month
i think you're blowing shit out your ass to win an internet argument but whatever, no i don't. i fly a few times a year, and i eat at the airport because 1)it's a nice airport and 2)the flights aren't long enough to be bothered with an airplane meal.

>Showing up that early.
It depends entirely upon the airport and the time, dude.

Ryanair business class doesn't count.

In real life we're talking $199 for the round trip fare war pricing in economy that the legacy carrier offers to compete with some fly-by-night, or $900 each way for first (YUP fare which is an automatic upgrade to first cabin, or a straight F fare)

There are no "business class" (J) fares within north america, you see that shit on transcon flights and they're not letting us book those in any class other than economy either

>Ryanair

Try BA Club Europe, nigga.

>nice
>airport
Pick one.
See, it can hardly be a coincidence that no language on Earth has ever produced the expression "As nice as an airport." Airports are horrible. Some are very horrible. Some attain a degree of horribleness that can only be the result of a special effort. This horribleness arises because airports are full of people who are tired, cross, and have just discovered that their luggage has landed in Murmansk (Murmansk airport is the only exception of this otherwise infallible rule), and architects have on the whole tried to reflect this in their airport designs.

i think you've meandered off the topic of discussion, this is about before getting there. airports and airplane food, remember?

i plan my travel so that i have time to spare. if you don't, then
> you're just begging for shit to happen.

what the fuck work are you doing where you don't have an extra hour in the day to get the airport early?

So you're making these special justifications for how you're able to eat at an airport, meaning you accept that different itineraries have different circumstances, but there couldn't possibly be circumstances in which someone might find it just as shitty to eat on the plane and if they claim this is so, they're blowing shit out of their ass to win an internet argument

Seems to me you described yourself

Dumping airline food.

United.

Yeh you have to show them your dick

Ladies! Ladies!

Stop flying the unfriendly skies, and start riding the regal rails!

not him but

free meal at your hotel > $5-6 at subway/chick-fil-a/panda express at the airport > $14 for microwaved shit on a plane

I dunno man, Gardermoen is actually pretty nice. Changi has the butterfly lounge. Most are pretty terrible though.
I'm a consultant in a technical field, most of my trips are day trips (out on the first flight of the morning, back in the evening).

I've got it down to a science, there is no traffic going to the airport and the security line is trivial because it's all business travellers so no retards clogging up the X ray, and the airport isn't too crowded yet.

If I got there an hour before boarding the shitty Au Bon Pain at the gate area wouldn't even be open yet.

>ranch dressing

Why are americucks so obsessed with it? You fags dump that shit everywhere when you could be actual normal human beings and dress your salad with olive oil and some Modena vinegar.

Unless I'm lucky enough to be at pretty posh hotel (which happens, but not most of the time), those are all roughly the same tier, you are splitting hairs

>Pick one.
i suppose the poor dirt farmers in Fucktin, Nowhere would have to, but even the landing strip in Saskatoon has its amenities

>special justifications
>arriving early like you should be doing whether you eat or not

have fun being stuck in eastern california because you missed your flight

ANA

Air France

Fairly frequent international flyer here, mostly business or economy depending if client is paying.
What's the best airline food wise?
I like Emirates or Qantas menus.
Shit tier; KLM, China Air and AA.

>stop liking things i dont like

we dont worship your olive oil god on this side of the ocean

Yeah you have to show them the number that's tattooed on your arm.

>owning slippers that cost hundreds of dollars

>I've got it down to a science
so then you ate before you got to the airport and thus don't need to eat on the plane. good for you, but that still serves to further my own argument of there being no excuse for eating airplane meals besides masochism.

Ok, that's cool. I don't even know what "Eastern California" is, would that be like Visalia? Is there even an airport there? I know there's one in Fresno because I remember the IATA code FAT

I went to Istanbul with Turkish airlines once and food was incredible and much better than KLM ( which is what I normally use )

Air Berlin

There's a return flight too

That's usually the one where things get crazy

Also, there are sometimes longer flights. I challenge you to take a nonstop from the US to Asia or the Middle East without touching the airplane food once

KLM

enjoy your complementary bombs and jihad

probably the best food in the thread so far...

i consider modesto eastern.

They gave me an extra sandwich because I was asked to sit in the emergency exit row.

Also the flight was full of old people. I was the only 20-something on the flight.