Chainlin SpaceX use case?

I am a ChainLink newb which is curious about the use case scenario of ChainLink. So, do I get it right when I think that SpaceX future Mars missions might also benefit off of it?
It is quite possible, that they will need a big water tank on Mars (I get it, they might find other sources of getting water untill then, but for the sake of the possible use case scenario I use this).
This water tank is equipped with a sensor which transmits the amount of water inside the tank 24/7 and is connected to the ChainLink network.
In the meantime there is a smartcontract set up, which is getting inputs from the ChainLink Oracle about the current level of water inside the tank.
This data is moving from ranges and has a set value for -min and max. gallons of water.
Now the water sensor gets a value which Based upon calculation, lasts for the next 100 earth days untill it runs out (Wich equals the time to travel from Earth to Mars).
The smartcontract is designed to trigger a payment for the next rockets, loaded with fresh water supplies and an insurance for the crew on Mars -which in case of a failed rocked launch will die of dehydration and the family on earth will be payed with x amount of $ for their loss.
So: sensor fires alarm, transmits to ChainLink network, smartcontract orders new rockets with water, rockets lift off, rockets land on Mars successfully,
insurance gets suspended -alles alive jehaw, water tank is full again, rockets head back to earth, smartcontract resets/renews and the circle starts all over again.

Now you tell me Veeky Forums if I am right about this possible ChainLink use case? And what other use cases might be interesting for ChainLink.

Why the hell does it need smartcontract you absolute mong. Payment for the next rockets? Not everything needs a smartcontract

Quick somebody make a SpaceX LINK but it has to be on red colours and we're going to name it Red Fork or something.

Good thinking OP but I don't think it would be useful to connect Mars (that's so far away) to the actual chainlink network of nodes, Mars would actually need a fork of the main net in this case.

The fud is getting better. Now we have reached meta levels where we should get the notion that dumb money is in chainlink, prompting us to sell. The singularity is near.

nope

sage

this

Tbh, dumb money IS on chain link.

But I wish you the best nonetheless, weirdos.

Hm, I see your point but I used this example just to think outside the box. It's not all about the price pairings of $/€ but also the IOT part.
Think about something like...
Your washing machine, your microwave oven and maybe your TV.
All of those items use some source of material/energy to work.
This could lead to a better understanding of economical resource usage and users would be more conscious about their actions.
IOT Washing machine tells your power supplier that it used 0,1kwh for the time of usage on date 01.02.20xx and your water supplier that it used 10 gallons of water for the job.
In the meantime you watched TV for 2h and it used 0.05 kwh of electricity which is also told to your supplier.
Because you got hungry you used your microwave oven to warm up yesterdays leftovers. Another 0.02 kwh of electricity got used and the device is sending out the usage to your supplier. Now that you live in a smart house and every part of it is connected to the internet and other sub networks like the chainlink network, your electricity house connector and water connector are equipped with a sensor which measures total usage. This sensor is connected to the chainlink network and is tied to your contracts with a electricity and water supplier via smartcontracts. At the end of the month the total usage of all sources will be executed and charged by the smartcontract. Your bankaccount will be charged for the exact price/usage ratio and non of that advanced payment agreements.
This will also allow you to monitor your behavior when it comes to wasting energy or resources because every device that used any resource will be displayed in detail.

I hope you get now, why I used previous example.

This will only be uses by autist like you and me. No normie wants to know how much it costs to use his microwave, in fact they don't even know what a kWh is so what's the point..

you might be right, but you need to think about normies in 5 - 10 years from now. It's like saying 10 years ago normies wont use smartphones because it is a pocket PC.

Spacetard. There is no such thing as space.

Just stick with Tesla speculation. Smart contracts for self-driving cars is a lot more realistic.

>Mars would actually need a fork of the main net in this case.
Top kek, someone make that fork holy fuck.

please continue and describe the use of a smartcontract for autonomous driving and how chainlink's involvement to that.

Like this?

that's even better...

Yes ChainLink is the new Tron

Why are you guys so much focusing on normies?

Who wants to save money on bills?
BUSINESSES!

It's gonna be someone like HP having big data centers using this kind of tech

Created Tesla Fork while I'm at it.

Have you ever seen the administrative state of most businesses?
It's absolutely horrific and they will not enjoy adding thousands of micro transactions when calculating their kWh for every shit they take..

This one's better. Keks were had, thanks.

Don't believe the hype.. this thing is p n d scheme. If you can't see that you deserve to lose your cashola.

Space X is a fucking scam faggot kys.

This.

Well It is as Sergey said, same happend with SaaS.

When it makes you save too much money, you adopt it

I am just thinking about a new word that might emerge off smartcontracts and chainlink.
Because.... if you think about smartcontracts... it will be possible to trigger multiple smartcontracts from one event happening on the inital smartcontract. Like a real "Smartchain-explosion".
e.g.
Beer brewery's smartcontract:
Chainlink 's external Sensor of hop triggers payment via smartcontract to hop supplyer because hop only lasts for next 30 days..
Payment for the hop is done by smartcontract and chainlinks external message that is needed to trigger the event.
Hop supplier recieves order for hop to deliver on "Date" and the required ammount of hop.
Hop supplier plans to expand without taking a loan so he sets up a smartcontract which will trigger as soon as x ammount of money is on Bank account.
Because hop supplier don't know exacly when neccessary ammount of X money will be on bank account to trigger order/payment for new harvester and they don't want to go all in, they add another criteria to have at least x ammount of money left when payment is placed. The smartcontract triggers the payment and buys the new harvester. Because you know, that every machine has to be insured, you allso include a Insurance to the harvester that will trigger as soon as hop supplier has the machine in his garage.
So another payment will be executed on a monthly base with the help of a smartcontract. The harvester will be build in with another module which tells every 10000miles to go and have an inspection for the machine. This smartcontract will also trigger a new agreement between Hop supplier and Harvester repain company.

so many fucking smartcontracts that will emerge out of the very first one.
Because of It. it will be possible to forsee future events on a very very large scale.
Holy shit I just start to realize....

patrician gif

Thanks Just Bought 100k.

also a nice thing to think of is that you could tie an external adapter to transmit milage on cars to prevent tweaking of the milage on used cars!
Once on the blockchain, this data can't be changed!

These are all IOT use cases not chainlink use cases.

You don't need blockchain for that brainlet. Tesla can store the information on their own servers.

you don't get the part of decentralization?
I would love to get teslas servers hacked now.

A private company doesn't need decentralization for storage of their data.
>I would love to get teslas servers hacked now.
>what is backup

To brighten your eyes think about a blockchain that contains all car's and that is not tied to one specific private car company.

Retard alert

>Retard alert
ding ding DING
>Retard alert
ding ding DING
>Retard alert
ding ding DING

sometimes their destination isnt straight up and far away, most of the times its just earth orbit but thats only logical so I guess it doesnt make sense to you

Seems like you are the retarded one.

pathetic roundearther detected

I have to admit, OP has some fresh ideas.

Wouldn’t it be easier to have all those sensors connected by iota network and send the collective data through the month to the node which represents the whole household or a building and than that data is sent to a smartcontract through Chainlink network? It needn’t be iota, it could be another network for iot but the idea stands as is. However, iota is imho the most likely project to be used. Chainlink is the key for smartcontracts in any case.

Then*

You could monetise that data in a not so distant future

You are right, I thought, I pointed out to IOT-part in the mentioned post., IOT wil be also a connector between smartcontracts and Chainlink,