>pic related

I think im adding to the food gore now.

Baking is an exact science.

Im sorry.
Im sorry.
Im sorry.

I am a pretty good cook and a sub par baker also. I tried to make bread last week, and I guess the water that I added the yeast to was more hot than warm, so I killed the yeast and had a big ball of non rising useless dough. I wonder if I could have used it for pizza or something, b up I just tossed it. I was so depressed.

yea sugar cookie dough usually does appear dry

it was too airy because you sort of started to make a sugar souffle

if you're afraid your cookies will be dry add more oil or shortening, and if you're going to add more eggs don't add them in lieu of other necessary ingredients
baking is done in proportions like chemistry; not in substitutions

if you want to learn basic baking do a few recipes exactly as they are outlined first to get a good foundation before you experiment

Honestly, i might explode something if i tried to make bread, props to you user.

pizza dough still has to rise as well
you could've made a flatbread maybe

Why are you improvising if you're aware you suck at baking?

I dont bake often, when i do i forget that i can't bake for shit. Also is baking soda safe in cooking?

>great baker
>uncreative cook

H E L P
E
L
P

Same buddy
Got all of my technique and theory down pat but Every time I try to help come up with recipe ideas for my exec chef or my head baker it's always shit .

Alternate post title:
>I can't follow simple directions.

>I followed the recipe to a T untill I made these changes
you! go find a fire and die in it!

Kek

Every time someone says that they're a great cook but can't bake I imagine them standing over pan of brown rubbery eggs, or maybe a grill with underseasoned, overcooked steaks, going "Nailed It!"

Knowing how to knead/proof dough takes a little knowledge and experience, but otherwise most baking is just a matter of following a recipe and not being a slob.

There's no reason taking instant brownies out of the oven when they're done is somehow more difficult than taking out a roast, and everything else is just measuring ingredients and mixing them together.

>>be me
No shit?

>Forgot to put eggs in brownie mix
>turned out bad

Why are you so mad? Why do you think its impossible to be a good cook but not a good baker?

People think improvisation on the fly make them a good cook. They think they're shit bakers because improvisations on the fly will ruin fucking anything you bake.

Sounds about right.

Why do people act like baking is an exact science and improvisation is disastrous? I literally always do bread by eye, and it turns out fine.

It's an exact science to beginners.