Drinking thread

What are you drinking this weekend?
I got pic related someone told me it's the best multipurpose rum, will have myself some cuba libre, any suggestions?
Post your best brand chose in ron, vodka, whiskey, gin, tequila, brandy.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angostura_bitters
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm actually taking periodic shots to combat some growing strep throat.
It's also my defacto whiskey because it's always on sale for $9
If I'm feeling fancy I'll get bullit rye

>cuba libre
Just save yourself the trouble and have a rum and coke. The lime makes it a sticky sweet mess and it's terrible.

i got makers mark. usually im 101 on the turkey, but i wanted something sweet and smooth.

bourbon > scotch

>ron
Same as you OP, Mount Gay is the oldies rum still in production and it's the best ever.
>vodka
Zubrowka any brand
>whiskey
Ballantine’s
>gin
Plymouth Navy Strength
>tequila
Zafiro Añejo :^)

Wyborowa is the best vodka I've ever had. Shame it's so hard to find, but for the price of Smirnoff, it's perfectly smooth with a delicious spicy rye flavor.

>navy strength gin
My fucking nigga. I'm drinking unfiltered sake tonight but I love me some Plymouth.

If you want a good sipper, try mt gay extra old, op. Great stuff.

I like pussers navy rum myself. As well as el dorado. Great stuff.

The white mt gay is good for mixing with as well.

If you can find it, try old monk xxx rum. From india. Has some spices taste in it.

Cruzan white or cruzan black strap are also good for mixing with coke. The black strap has a neato coffee flavor. It's kinda like maple syrupy too.

If you wanna just get fucked, any 151 rum will do. I'd avoid baccardi black btw. Tastes like cough syrup. Usually i can go through a pint of rum with lunch, but this shit was foooul son. Fuckin robatussin lol

Best gin

Best rye

Best vodka

Best grappa

Best limoncello (I have it if I want to make a hot toddy)

Best American Single Malt (all of Westland's offerings are fucking amazing)

Best "old Tom" (Barrell aged) gin

Best sweet Vermouth
(Cocchi + Sun Liquor 's Cherry Bitters + Soda water = Dr. Pepper like drink, for those of you that don't have a taste for neat spirits)

Best brandy (Clear Creek is my go-to brand for brandy, excepting Grappa)

Why american packaging design is so bloody awful?

And, last but not least, best Bourbon!

Hipsters and yuppies.

Best rum: none. Rum is shit.

Other things I suggest trying:
Whippersnapper Oregon Whiskey
Anything by High West, but especially Bourye, Son of Bourye, Campfire, and Double Rye.
Anything by Sun Liquor (including bitters) but Hedge Trimmer stands out, and their barrel aged rum is ALMOST good enough for me to overlook the fact that it's rum!

My mid shelf go to Bourbon is Bulleit or Rowan's Creek.

As for Scotch: there is sooooo much good Scotch. There's also SOOOOOO much bad Scotch. More than I care to go into here.

Oh, and best Mezcal (since tequila is the same shit but produced in a smaller region)
La Fogata Anjeo

>since tequila is the same shit but produced in a smaller region

Nope, they taste very different, 100% agave mezcal have a characteristic taste and aroma, tequila is neutral with little or any taste.

Tequilaandmezcalare produced in different states of Mexico (though there is overlap).Tequilacan only be made, by law, with one variety of agave: the Blue Agave.Mezcalcan be made with upwards of 30 varieties of agave, though most are made with the Agave Espadin.

tl;dr - if it's made with blue agave it will taste the same. If it's not made with blue agave (which is likely) then there will be a difference. Mind you, a difference most people that are "getting into tequila/Mezcal" won't notice.

Vodka infused watermelon, caravello jello lemons, vodka cherries and high life. White trash n proud

In general:
Rum: Barcardi 8 for mixing
Vodka: Russian Standard Platinum
Whisk: Laphroaig 10
Gin: Hendrick's
Teq: n/a
Brandy: n/a

the patrician's choice

rum - appleton 12
vodka - n/a alcoholic tier garbage
whiskey - lagavulin 16 and wild turkey rare breed
gin - tanqueray
tequila - espolon blanco
brandy - delord xo armagnac

pretty standard taste, i dont go for LE stuff or super premiums, i like shit i can always get my hands on and can afford to always have in stock

Should've gotten the XO. Eclipse is acceptable for mixed drinks but don't even bother trying to sip it.

>liquor
alberta premium, gibson's finest
>beer
okanagan springs 1516

4 loko gold
fuckin siiiiiccckkk

halp Veeky Forums

I've never been much of a whiskey drinker (I generally keep a bottle of cheap single malt scotch and some bourbon in the house) but a friend bought me a bottle of Lagavulin 16 recently. The smokyness was great and I'd buy more of it but it seemed a little 'thin'. Is there a whiskey with a similar flavour but a bit more body to it? Preferably not insanely expensive but I'm happy to pay ~£50 if necessary

Not sure where else to ask, is there a google-able resource for whiskeys?

Riesling (black box brand, 23 bucks for 3 liters. It's good) and Heineken light.

I had to retire from liquor some years ago. Cheers all. Happy 4th.

Decided to buy some decent beer for a change and picked up a 4pack of Old Stock Ale from north coast brewing. Stuff is good and strong(11.9%), had two earlier today with a 100mg edible and took a 5 hour nap.

I am allways curious about the good american beer, what brands I am more likely to find here in Europe? I usually only find Bud and Coors from USA, but will be in a specialized store tomorrow.

Idk about Europe but over here(socal) we have specialty liquor stores/markets that sell all types of different belgian trappist stuff, german/english/american craft beer...just rows and rows of beer.

I don't know what kind of markets you have in Europe though. When I was in the U.K. the only decent beer I saw at a store was sierra nevada pale ale which is o.k., not great though. Probably overpriced due to shipping costs.

Beside the agave varieties there is the fact that tequila can be only 49% agave and still can be called tequila, but mezcal is allways 100% agave, and also the process of production is more artisan and not so mass production like tequila.

btw when I said decent beer I mean't american imported beer, I was drinking samuel smith oatmeal stout and those 7% jugs of cider on vacation.

Best vodka, IMO

Tequila, by definition, must be at least 51% or more blue agave. Mezcal must be 80% or more agave, but does have 100% agave varieties.
But you're correct regarding production methods.

what are some good scotches to start with?
i normally enjoy bourbon.

been drinking a lot of that lately. 47% and pretty cheap. Great to mix but I just drink it straight.

I have a giant bottle of pic related. I've been sipping it straight for a while, but I'm looking for a change of pace tonight. Any ideas for good cocktails or something for this particular bourbon?

I'm trying to pair some ice cream with either wine, beer, or spirits. Any have any personal favorites?

lol

This, pretty tasty and cheap, goes down straight like butter

Old Fashioned?

Chocolate Porters for vanilla-y flavours, Limoncello for citrus, rum or bourbon for dark fruit flavours. Generally strong flavours as the cold of the ice cream diminishes taste - don't use your best product in any case.

warm bourbon with apple juice and cinnamon.

Drinking some jura superstition with a single rock. It's good, but hardly a lagavulin 16 lads.
Still, not bad, a bit sweet and spirity for me, I'm a liquid cigar peat kinda guy desu.

truth

>pic related
Belvedere is the only vodka that is worth drinking straight. Absolut is the lowest tier vodka you should even consider mixing.
It's a tricky mistress, clear liqour.

Thanks!

I just decided to put some ice in my glass of white wine. Does that make me a pleb?

>Not RS Platinum

The standard stuff is meh.

Rum: Captain Morgan White or Kraken both for mixing
Vodka: Whatever is cheap for mixed, Ketel One for drinking straight
Whiskey: Old Overholt for cocktails, Bulleit for drinking straight
Gin: Tanqueray or Gordons
Tequila: Whatever is cheap, I hate the taste outside of a rocks margarita

.Can someone tell me what the hell bitters are?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angostura_bitters

this thread is full of pleb tastes

Rum: St. Nicholas Abbey 15yo
Vodka: Reyka or Tito's
Whiskey: Sazerac Rye, Nikka Pure Malt White or Ardbeg Day. Fuck Bourbon.
Gin: Monkey 47, Few American Barrel Aged
Mezcal (tequila): Del Maguey Vida
Brandy: Torres 20 Hors D'vie

I ordered this today, hoping it's as good as the reviews make it out to be.

When does valium stop working?

I think i may be developing a tolerance.

Aren't you supposed to use rye whiskey for that?

>Rum
Currently on some Haitian Rhum Agricole, but not out of choice. I'm a Mount Gay drinker usually, goes down well in a double strength Daiquiri
>Vodka
Chopin for potato vodka, Finnish Koskenkorva for grain. Objectively the greatest.
>Whiskey
Connemara 12's my personal favourite. Will happily plump for anything strong and peaty in the Laphroaig mould mind
>Tequila
No.
>Brandy
Good calvados or armagnac for me.
>Other
C.F. Berger Absinthe Verte. Absinthe is my life, and this one's a corker. Produced not too far from where I live as well

All bourbon taste the same, it'll taste like bourbon.

Forgot my gin. Edinburgh.

>pleb tastes
>Tito's

I like Tito's but that ain't even mid-shelf.

pretending to be retarded just makes you look retarded though

if you knew what you were doing, you would say something like:
It will taste like shit just like all bourbon

but I really don't care and can't be angered anymore. try targeting a different board?

My go to's from extensive alcohol abuse

>Vodka: Ultimat
(vodka is for mixing, smoothness/tastelesness should be key) if you can find a smoother vodka let me know
>Vodka: Ketel One
Not too far behind Ultimat
>Tequila: Clase Azul Repasado
the bottle is ridiculous and so is this tequila
>Tequila: Peligroso Silver
Best blanco I've had for the price
>Scotch: Aberlour Abunadh
One of the best spirits out there period
>Scotch: Laphroaig 10
The peat! Just as fantastic as Lagavulin 16 IMO
>Whiskey: Journeyman Ravenswood Rye
Great straight, great in Sazeracs
>Rum: Sailor Jerry
It's cheap, its flavorful, it's 92 proof, what more do you want
>Cognac: Delamain Pale and Dry
Expensive, but hey it's cognac what the fuck did you expect. Also happens to be delicious.
>Wildcard!!: Calvados: Anything
Try a calvados, you will like it

COME AT ME BRO

and by bro i mean never my bro, fuking faggot

Not much in terms of resources unfortunately, you might find "ralfystuff" on youtube interesting though.

Too thin? You may want to want to try out Ardbeg Corryvreckan if you can find it. A bit more of a complex profile but yeah its fucking legendary and a blast to drink, you can't go wrong.

Tastes bretty gud tb.h.
Haven't tried it with cucumber yet tho only with tonic and lime.

Bourbon is very sweet and sometimes very woody.

Bunnahabhain is sweet but in a different way: chocolates and raisins/plums instead of the usual brown sugar, vanilla, molasses.

Glenlivet and Glenfiddich are fruity too but in a lighter, green-apple sort of way.

Three months sober. I pity the idiot who spend a chunk of his paycheck buying booze. Alcohol is a pathetic road anons. Drugs are dangerous but booze is just pathetic. Its fairly useless and leaves you broke, alone and sad in the end. Get your shit together alcoholics of Veeky Forums. Casual drinkers of Veeky Forums, unwind responsibly.

>Ballantine’s
my nigger

>calvados

Calvados is great. Vechia Romagna tastes similiar,too. I really liked it.

Crème de menthe. The superior summer drink.

I pity the faggot that has no self control and thinks he his a special snowflake because he has """"issues"""""

>all these mount gay and Bacardi fags

Though, I'd give you mount gay XO, I can't deny the flavor on that.

Captain Bligh - worlds no.1 rum in 2014 not sold under the name captain Bligh in the states due to some faggot lady Bligh brand already existing trying to sue. Nice on the rocks

Red cap - Dominica, ugly label, cheap as fuck, but nice on the rocks

Admiral Rodney - st Lucia, just delicious. Good any how. Don't mix it or you might as well had bought $1 vodka

Appleton estate - good selection most are nice

Dark and stormy. Gonna pick up some ginger beer after work tomorrow.

its not the weekend user but im drinking shitty vodka

Anyone got experience with JB Devil's Cut? It's a new arrival where I live, and I've always considered JB to be one of the better big brand bottom shelfers.

Bought an Arran 10. Was going to open it tonight but it's too late already. Maybe tomorrow.

I've just come off a 12 hour night shift and come home to a bunch of workmen drilling into the masonry outside my bedroom. I'm plying myself with devil's cut until I'm too fucked to stay awake.

It's pretty good. Has a slightly more vaporous edge than your standard jb. Tastes kind of like an upgraded Jim Beam Black, kind of coconut/brown sugar taste.

good for what it is but beware the epic hangover