Be me

>be me
>want to make a stir fry tonight, just need bok choy
>live a block from a real uppity local market, only sells "organic" produce, basically a mini whole foods for rich fucks in the area
>go there when I need something quickly
>proceed to go get bok choy
>return home, begin washing
>a snail crawls out and gets his snail trail all over my bok choy
>decide to walk back down the block and exchange for fresh one

So Veeky Forums am I just an autist for being weirded out by that (and subsequently questioning the integrity of organic produce)?

>free escargot
faggot

Don't you want to eat what other insects and animals want to eat? If they refuse, it's a red flag. Just wash it off. It's perfectly fine.

The snail seems to prove that the bolchoy doesnt have insecticides.

Why would you take back a perfectly good new friend? You could've given Mr. Snail a little terrarium. They're easy to feed. They like fruit and veg.

You do realize that all kinds of bugs and shit crawled all over your produce while it was being grown, right? And it was likely treated with fertilizer that has literal shit in it?

Just wash it off you fucking sissy.

>So Veeky Forums am I just an autist for being weirded out by that

yes. vegetables grow in the fucking dirt. insects call them home. wash your fucking bok choy and you'll live you fucking pussy.

your food is already groped daily by peoples sometimes unwashed hands.

Just rinse your veg and find a home for the snail bro

if only there was something we could spray on our crops to kill all of these icky insects. and everything else while we're at it.

Somewhat related, what's the proper way to saute bok choy?

Last time I made it it came out very chewy. I even intentionally cooked it for longer to try to break down the fiber. How do you cook it Veeky Forums?

Blanch it before you fry it.

Bok choy, like some other greens (kale, escarole) retains its crunch even after cooking for a long time.

salt bath

underrated post

Are you that guy who can't do Blue Apron because he gets freaked out by the idea of someone touching his food in the packing warehouse?

>eating hot lettuce

Your first mistake was wanting to cook lettuce in the first place. If course it isn't the only mistake in your abortion of a post but that's a story for

>another time

either blanch it, or use moist heat (i.e. sautee, then shoot some stock or water, cover with lid and let cook for a while, before dropping a bit of oil and turning up the heat to finish getting a last crisp)

Cabbage isn't the same thing as lettuce, dum dum.

Who exactly are you quoting? Also, bok choi is not lettuce.

Either boiled for a short time with ramen or steamed to have with rice and other vegetables. Sometimes I fry it on the frying pan, but I prefer to use other vegetables for this instead like napa cabbage or broccolli.

Yes. You're an autist.
You wash it and use it. Bugs on your fresh garden food is not a bad thing

>bok choy
this reminds me
>go to hot pot place with two coworkers
>one of the invites a female friend/fuckbuddy/whatever
>she nimbles on a few things in the beginning
>proceeds to eat nothing but bok choy afterwards
seriously, what the fuck. she wasn't even a skellington, just average.

Thank you for your post and important contribution to the Veeky Forums community. It is members like you, with wit and original content, that make our community a vibrant hub of new ideas and interesting concepts. Please continue to post more of your interesting stories and anecdotes, such as this the one you just posted.

Again, we appreciate and value your contribution. Thanks, and post again!

Thank you for your post and important contribution to the Veeky Forums community. It is members like you, with wit and original content, that make our community a vibrant hub of new ideas and interesting concepts. Please continue to post more of your interesting stories and anecdotes, such as this the one you just posted.

Again, we appreciate and value your contribution. Thanks, and post again!

this is butthurt

Not even the same guy. Just saying that his post was more of a waste than that shitty story was.

>Literally the plebest of veg, even more so than corn
Get this shit instead f a m