Anyone else trying to eat healthier? On the Japanese diet. Trying to slim down to 200 from 260

Anyone else trying to eat healthier? On the Japanese diet. Trying to slim down to 200 from 260.

Other urls found in this thread:

nutritionmd.org/nutrition_tips/nutrition_tips_understand_foods/carbs_versus.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>carbs
>healthy
hah good one

Eat whatever you want just eat less...

Hey OP, advice from a guy that was 285 last year and is currently 190.

Count your fucking calories.

Figure out how much calories you eat for your weight, then just cut it down by 300-500 depending on what you can handle.

Carry a fucking pocketbook around and write down what you eat everyday with how many calories it is and keep an eye on it.

You'll lose weight pretty fucking fast. You could eat w/e the fuck you want long as your counting calories.

Keto shills are literally everywhere I see

If there's anything to take from this post, OP, it's that you should never listen to some retard that says "eat whatever you want"

It's basically codeword for "i dont know what im actually talking about but i read this cool buzzfeed article one time!!"

Also do not come here for nutritional advice

>thinking simple and complex carbs are the same thing.
Looks like someone just started working out and is trying to push their shitty knowledge of health on to other people, thus making the world a much less healthier place because some people will actually believe you.

Yeah I completely changed my diet about 2 months ago. Started actually tracking everything I eat and my diet was way off anything considered healthy. Right now I am doing a mostly plant-based diet with limited animal products, limited fat intake. My saturated fat intake dropped to 3-5% of energy, I upped carbs to 65% and I eat a good portion of vegetables with every single meal, cut sodium intake by replacing with MSG. On this diet my blood pressure plummeted almost instantly without weight loss (I am already normal weight). I eat some meat/fish as a side for dinner but I do supplement B12, calcium, zinc and choline (all in one supplement for vegans). I do recommend eating healthy, for some reason I find it fun to meet these nutritional standards, and I also like the higher-carb cooking where I get at least a 100 grams of carbs with every meal

Put your food budget on a strict diet - live as if you cannot spend anything other than food stamps/equivalent amount on food. Food includes any and all things you consume, such as drinks and smokes. Includes bottled water but does not include tap water covered by your utilities budget. You must eat clean and healthy at all times to work with a budget that tight, or you risk severe health consequences such as scurvy or diabetes.

only drink water, not a single cl of soda
stop eating like a fatass
do this for the rest of your life

congrats you arent overweight anymore!!!

I just left out carbs and I'm down 220 pounds to 200. Just replaced pasta, potato, bread et.c. with vegetables and ate more fat. Didn't count calories and ate until I was full. Still trying to lose a few more pounds and now I've been experimenting with IF.

it's pretty solid fucking advice. you're not gonna eat the 300 calorie per slice pizza when you're calorie-counting. maybe you're just a faggot?

Certain foods will fill you up more per calorie. You'll also be hungrier if your nutritional needs aren't met.

So eating "whatever the fuck you want" will not work.

>Its not ideal = It's wrong
Confirmed for absolute retarded garbage brain, faggot.

I obviously can't disagree with this, but certain styles of cooking feel more filling and satisfying than others. Good luck trying to eat less on Italian food, eating a bunch of straight carbs that go right through you.

Nutritional eating and losing weight can be independent of each other, and a good majority of people are mainly concerned with losing weight. Of course, there's more to health than having a good body composition, but I'd say that measure of health is the most easy to recognize, and the simplest to fix.

>It's basically codeword for "i dont know what im actually talking about but i read this cool buzzfeed article one time!!"
How can you even say that? I think that, if anything, the people who think they know what they're talking about are the ones shoving their faces with kale, coconut oil, and other products they don't know anything about because they associated those foods with the "healthy" buzzword.

You **can** lose weight eating whatever you want, and it's not the optimal way to do it, but it's still correct to say that it will work. If it's better to lose weight on a bad diet than maintain a poor body composition on a good diet, though, I'm not sure.

Found the fatty who is just one expensive fad diet away from dropping that extra 80 lbs.

>Eat whatever you want just eat less
What I want to eat is more

Then be fat? Otherwise accept the realization that sometimes you have to have a little discipline.

and that's exactly why 99% of people "can't" loose weight

>italian food is pizza and spaghetti

kill yourself

Enjoy your diabetes if you dont

Go.To.The.Gym.

Enlighten me of the wide array of Italian foods that don't mainly consist of pounds of starches on your plate

like, it's too many to list.
just don't eat your bread and skip the pasta course, your meat and fish and soup and salad and antipasto will not necessarily have empty carbs involved.
and if you are allowing yourself to eat polenta and rice that opens up an even broader range of options to you

"how to develop an eating disorder" - this post

leave america for once you fucking troglodyte

>like, it's too many to list.
>so I'm not even going to try
>or even just name any
>seriously, I'm not going to name any but I am going to continue to say that there are tons
not the guy you're responding to
I believe you, but stop being an idiot

dont come to Veeky Forums for health advise go to Veeky Forums

it's not my job to teach people about osso buco and caprese salads

I know I'm not as cultured as some of you memers out there, but I just never really liked the Italian dishes that I've experienced, or I've just never cared for them. I much prefer Mexican, Cajun, Oriental, Indian, Polish, etc.

Started at 250 this year in 2016. Started making changes at February. I'm at 205 right now.

Here's what I did:
>replaced any sort of bread (sandwich slices, buns, etc.) with tortillas
>replaced lettuce with spinach
>take a vitamin pill every morning
>take a green coffee pill before my first meal
>only drink water or black coffee
>try to add cayenne pepper to as many things as possible (has fat-burning properties)
>try to avoid snacking as much as possible
>pay attention to calories & sugar content more than fat content
>gave somewhat of a shit about sodium, but not as strongly (but go lower if you can)

Haven't done any exercise (though it wouldn't hurt), and I've lost 45 pounds and 8 inches off my waist.

If you really must have a snack, there are healthier alternatives, but I would try to avoid them altogether to maximize your progress.
>dark chocolate
>not just ordinary dark chocolate; the REALLY dark stuff
>like Lindt's 99% bars, or outright baking chocolate (this stuff is a lot better for you than conventional chocolate)
>shit is so bitter that you'll either throw it in the trash, or you'll finish one bar very slowly (which is a lesser evil compared to frequent snacking)
>avoid nuts; nuts are the enemy
>looked at the nutritional facts for unsalted assorted nuts the other day; a 1/4 cup is 160 calories
>popcorn is a very practical snack
>around 8 cups of the stuff is less than 200 calories (air-popped, no oil/butter)
>compare that to a single candy bar that is hundreds of calories alone
>8 cups is also a fuckload of popcorn to eat; this is around what a couple or a very small family would have for movie night
>celery without dressing bcuz "muh negative calories" (doesn't really help, but doesn't hurt either)
>bananas are cheap and healthy
>try to eat them as green as possible (lower sugar content, and it has a gentle, subtle flavor)

Don't eat food you don't make yourself, so you know exactly what's in it.

Get a digital kitchen scale and weigh everything.

Get a calorie counting application for your smartphone like MyFitnessPal.

Don't cheat.

t. 260 down to 215, started Jan 2016 (but not doing some memeshit Japanese diet)

your ethnic diet will do nothing for you unless you portion control

I'm really skinny but need to eat healthier, not nearly enough energy.

I rarely eat fruit/vegetable and eat two meals per day usually.

Eat mostly takeout.

There's nothing wrong with nuts. First of all nuts and seeds are the healthiest sources of fat that exist, next to fish. So instantly by removing nuts from a diet you are making a mistake in terms of health. Secondly, nuts have never been associated with weight gain or impaired weight loss. Although a lot of those studies are funded by the nut industry, there's never been any evidence to the contrary suggesting that ad lib unprocesssed nut consumption results in weight gain or prevents weight loss.

>tiny girl cutting at 1200 (between 1000 and 1400 cals a day, averages to 1200)
>Veeky Forums has me keeping away from bread
>one day buy sourdough on a whim
>delicious
>figure out I can fit bread in my allowance just fine
>feel like my ancestors must have, yesterday and today's meals were a small amount of beef, sauteed veg (different seasonings, yesterday was italian today is chinese), and a hunk of bread
>full, happy, content, not over cals
>just cycled 3 hours
>looking fine

Bread is fucking delicious. Warm it in the microwave and eat it plain, doesn't need butter or any retard shit. It's godly. I also regularly indulge with cereal, ice cream, and pastries. It's cals in, cals out. As long as your allowance is on point you can eat whatever the fuck you want.

Literally just fucking eat less, you fat pigs. Your cut is my cheat day, get some fucking discipline you pansy ass fags. OP, stop being a fatass you disgusting pig.

Fuck off. Literally just lost 10 kg in 10 weeks just by counting calories. I ate fast food, pizza and cookies quite a few times during those weeks and I still lost weight.

Try Russian diet instead!

In the morning: Buckwheat/Durumwheat/Oat porridge with berries. Black tea with lemon.

Lunch: Shchi, borscht, ukha or sorrel soup or okroschka in the summertime.
and a glass of kefir.

Dinner: Beef stroganof with wild mushrooms, goulash with potatoes, Pelmeni with sour cream or even just rye bread with cold cuts and pickles. To this you drink a glass of homemade kvass.

Depending on your Location you can gather berries and mushroom yourself it is a nice activity that can be very meditative and it also burns some calories.

protip, don't put bread in the microwave
wrap it in some foil and pop it in the oven for a couple minutes, microwave dries it out too much

Really wish I could muster up such enthusiasm. Even when I try to make small adjustments rather than dramatic diet shifts more often than not I lose enthusiasm and consistency after a few days.

You should look up the phrase "hitting your macros".

I don't give a fuck about macros. What is their purpose? It's about calories.

Yeah, but I'm lazy.

>I don't give a fuck about macros. What is their purpose? It's about calories.
the purpose is making you healthy you dumb bitch
you think your body's gonna be in good shape if you eat 1200 calories of mickey d's every day?

Found the disgusting fucks that think they look healthy

Eat whatever the fuck you want but maintain a caloric deficit.

Bro science fuck off.
Fad diets fuck off.

>trying to eat healthier
>On the Japanese diet
Yes, I believe eating fried foods is the key to health.

>falling for the simple/complex carb meme
it still gets digested. in some situations simple is even better. you have to count them as the same amount of calories either way

>it still gets digested.
>you have to count them as the same amount of calories either way

congratulations on finding the shared traits between two different things, user. sure seems useful when examining the case for one over the other

>it still gets digested
well memed my friend. Sugar in coke and vegetables both end up as CO2, so they're pretty much as healthy as each other right?

its not the type of carb that makes vegetables better, its the fiber and nutrients. in terms of weight loss 100 cal of broccoli and 100 cal of soda are the same

I've been doing Keto and

get this

Heavy
Exercise

And I've lost about 20lbs in like three weeks

but you need to exercise stupid

Simple carbs = fruit
Complex carbs = potatoes
The idea that either of these things are blanketly "unhealthy" is retarded.

it's not bad advice, it just needs to be taken with a grain of salt

for most people when they start counting calories, they eat like they would but then quickly realize over time how fucking bad their diet was numbers wise, and how hard it is to keep your caloric intake down without changes

Good luck on the weight loss. I'm also trying to lose weight, but I've just been walking around doing shit and eating a lot of chicken, tuna, greens and rice. I lost about 20lbs in 3 weeks or so.

You didn't create any of that.

Have a Japanese diet, just make your own food. Know what you're eating, how much of everything you're putting into your body.

That meal is too large, anyway.

>You could eat w/e the fuck you want long as you're counting calories.
ftfy

Instead of just letting them be ignorant, why not educate them so they can have knowledge?

Better. Nice dubs

nutritionmd.org/nutrition_tips/nutrition_tips_understand_foods/carbs_versus.html

Good nutrition is not as simple as calories in calories out. Sure you can lose weight by restricting your kcal intake, but you will be doing a much better service to your body if you also strive to meet nutritional goals, macro (protein/fat/carbohydrate) and micro (vitamins and minerals). Our bodies use macro and micronutrients to help run our bodies optimally. I suggest you google these terms to help better educate yourself.

Nice dubs

>our bodies x 2 combo

Apologies for not proofreading