If I cook dinner every night for my family of 3, how long would it take me to have knife skill like a pro chef?

If I cook dinner every night for my family of 3, how long would it take me to have knife skill like a pro chef?

Also how good is Marco Pierre White's knife skill? Are all chefs able to use a knife like that?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UBj9H6z6Uxw
youtube.com/watch?v=FFhPOsC1eFI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Maybe.

Also, the key to fine dining is salt and temp

Eh?

Can I season my steak with knorr bouillon cubes?

It depends. If you are doing it wrong for 3 years than no.

Derp. I somehow completely misread your post. But yeah, you can cook everyday for years but without knowing what you are doing wrong or how to improve your skills won't improve much.

why the fuck not? use it in your iced tea, your hamburgers. the fuck do i care

What kinda mistakes are you talking about? Obviously I only have YouTube videos as a guide as to what to do. Are these videos not sufficient enough?

So are there any actual professional cooks on Veeky Forums?

>Also how good is Marco Pierre White's knife skill? Are all chefs able to use a knife like that?

Micheline star chefs probably could in their prime. Keep in mind the more you go up the less menial grunt work you do, so it comes to down to what stuck during apprenticeship and regular work career.

youtube.com/watch?v=UBj9H6z6Uxw

>1:37 when you sweat that, it melts
Turns out the meme is true.

my guitar teacher used to say 'what does practice make?'

to which i would respond, obviously, 'perfect'

and he would snap at me 'NO. practice makes PERMANENT'

just write to a fancy restaurant and ask if you can volunteer on weekends and you will learn by watching their hands. doing it at home is a very slow road to progress with many wrong turns.

My guitar teacher last week went on multiple right-wing ramblings and crackpot theories. I think I'm cutting ties soon.

you'll never get much better at knife skills just by cooking for your family. There's no quality control, there's no pressure to be fast and efficient in your movement. Yea your cuts will get better, but all the skills you learn yourself over the next 10 years of cooking for your family could be had in a month of doing prep in a decent kitchen.

youtube.com/watch?v=FFhPOsC1eFI

Thanks. Do the prep cook just chop and cut things for 10 hours straight?

sous chef here, been cooking for 11 years

basically, yes.

Anons, your guitar teacher are right
If you practice the wrong thing, you end up having a harder time learning the right thing

Interesting. I always assumed that the prep work is done early in the morning. I never realized a restaurant would need so much stuff that there has to be someone just chopping things for 10 hours.

there are two services in a day at a restaurant. usually if prep is done you muck in on service.

you need around 1-1.5 kg of Raw food for each guest... 250 sitting place.. make the calculation

That looks a doddle. Thanks hon.

>make the calculation

potato?

It could take a while, but don't confuse speed with skill. Though you may see many professionals fly through whatever their cutting, you don't need to do that and you'll probably end up with a ton of uneven cuts, and a ton of cut up hands.

Learn the dimensions of cuts, and how to properly execute them, take your time, and let the speed build as you go.

Also I'm going to assume this is also your question OP
>Are there any professional cooks

Technically no

A cook is someone who just cooks dishes according to recipes, and produces the dish

A chef is someone who knows why. A chef understands the mechanics of food, how they affect the pallete, and their overall properties, and also understands the processes of cooking.

When I had gone through culinary school, I had a chef who really left an impression on me. That man loved culinary with every inch of his being. Perhaps, in terms of knowledge, one of the most qualified chefs I've ever come across. And he had always said
>A cook knows how, a chef knows why.

Now you could be a cook 1 or a cook 2 in a very upscale, professional kitchen, and in all technicality you would be a professional cook. And with that same logic, you could be the head cook of a place, and have no culinary knowledge or skill, and you would technically be the head chef.

But many people who have gone through French training, believe that the difference in these words separate those who do it as a job, and those who do it as a profession.

Love this bitch. Jerked off to her foot worship scene like 600 times

you sound like a fag

t. cook

My guitar teacher fucked my wife for years, and recently my 15 yr old daughter. I would seriously find a new teacher if I didn't need help learning basic chords

underrated post

your guitar teacher is teaching your wife's daughter all the CAGED positions as we speak

Don't feel bad, she wasn't yours. She is in fact his daughter to fuck

10/10

Be sure to use the stockpot for your noodles

You have to try to actively improve your skill. Just cooking a lot will never develop knife skills like his.