Clams

I have some clams in the fridge from clamming the other day that I need to use so I've decided either to do clammy pasta with white wine and butter, or just fried clams in a basic flour dredge. I know how to make clammy pasta so I won't ask about that, instead I need some help with frying them.

So first of all, are these clams still good? I caught them 2 days ago, purged them with salt water 4 times, and they've been in the refrigerator since in a bowl with no water. None of them are open or obviously dead.

Also, I don't have a shucking knife. I went to 3 stores and none of them had them. Is there another way to shuck them? Or can I just steam them first and fry the partially-cooked clam meat?

Just stop. Listen to me.

Make a clams and captain crunch souffle. Captn crunch. Cream of mushroom soup. scallions. fresh garlic. cheddar cheese. eggs. Shh. No talk now, just cook.

Are you from Wisconsin?

Are you from California?

this is the funniest thread i've ever seen on Veeky Forums

>mrw envisioning this

I don't think you'll get much help, Veeky Forums seems to clam up right when you need them most

Why would you eat wild seafood unless you live out in the middle of nowhere? Can you imagine how much pollution from boats and dumping there is near major population centres?

don't you need a license or something to go clamming? at least you need some kinds of gear and you don't even have a clam knife?

I'd just steam them open reserving the clam juice from inside and make a shit ton of stuffed clams then throw what you aren't going to eat in the freezer for later

literally everybody clams at cape cod. It's regulated by the state so I'm sure there's some study out there that says the clams are safe to eat

my friend has a cape house, you buy a $30 license for the season as a town resident. His dad had a clam rake but it ended up being faster to just get into the water and dig the sand with your hands, feeling around for them at the shore line. We actually made a ton of stuffed clams the same night we caught them, looking for something different now

Google "stuffies".

Also, I don't believe you live somewhere where clamming is common and you're unable to find a shucking knife. Maybe try a local store or a place that sells shellfish?

you could smoke or pickle them.

clams aren't the most versatile ingredient, really.

Fuck you, Carlos.

why do americans always do such weird shit to clams and mussles? just boil them in some white wine, shallot and garlic for fuck sake

>why do americans

sup capebro.
I always laugh at the jokers who use clam rakes.

Steamers and hogs are both visible in the sand once you get an eye for what their holes look like.

Since this thread is still up, here's the stuffed clams we made the night we went clamming

filling is:
- clams
- clam juice
- onion
- celery
- butter
- garlic
- jalapeƱo
- parsley
- italian bread crumbs
- paprika on top

one of the people I had helping me went too heavy on the paprika, but luckily it contributes little to flavor. the stuffing was spicy and delicious, would make a great turkey stuffing for thanksgiving

Do pasta but use saffron infused wine and butter, and some chili flakes and fresh parsley to it and maybe some fennel pollen.

Because:

1. Food where you can see the anatomical features (bones, shell, skin, etc) is "for the shitskins" and needs to be disguised as aggressively as possible, do I look poor to you? why would I eat anything other than boneless skinless chicken breast, which I can afford because I have a job at Wal*Mart

2. The idea that a food could be appealing on its own without being blasted with ranch dressing, mrs. dash, real bac-o-bits (not to be confused with actual bacon), tater tots, sriracha, or pasteurized process cheese food is considered so ridiculous that anyone who claims to enjoy the inherent flavors to fresh seasonal food is assumed to be either trolling or insane, and most definitely NOT american

3. Wine? This is beer country, fag. Anything other than beer and whisky is literally ISIS, holy shit do I look like a fucking homo to you? Do I? II dare you to say wine in my presence one more time, I'll get my gun and shoot you with it because something something the constitution

4. I dunno what a shallot is but it sounds like something one of those lime-eating, avocado-chomping cool starbucks hipsters would pretend to enjoy eating

Pic related, there is an entire genre of cookbooks designed to help "concerned mothers" raise a generation of hamplanets who throw a temper tantrum at the sight of vegetables that aren't carefully disguised by burying them under a large heap of dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets

p.s. if you disagree with me you are a foreigner

op, you can jsut steam them and then fry those.

Then you can know if theya re still good.

I'd assume they're still fine. Just dug a bunch myself (and mussels) and had to get rid of the mussels cuz I waited too long and them they got a huge rain in their bucket.

I like you