It's an americans think their pizza is better tan italian pizza episode again

>it's an americans think their pizza is better tan italian pizza episode again

>it's an autistic euro shitposting about Americans thread

>WE ARE SO MUCH BEDDUH DEN AMMURICANS
a high velocity lead injection to the temple is recommended
if your are le trolling im sorry.

>being this salty that pizza is popular the world over and every country practically has their own way of making it now
>muh original vision

Angry burger defence force detected.
Admit it you fat fucks, Italian style pizza is GOAT.

it lacks cheese and toppings and is always burned and hard. I don't want to hear CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH when chewing my sloppy folded NY pizza and if I did I would throw a piece of cheese on a cracker but leave the salami off because italians don't like toppings.

>implying burger after a post proclaiming pizza a global food form
Enjoy your (You)
If you're gonna get butt mad about foods changing due to global influence then don't eat any Italian foods made with peppers or tomatoes (native to the Americas) or any sort of fusion like modern Vietnamese or Indian cuisine.

Because of this thread, when ww3 happens I'm gonna gas a few italians

Im rather upset because people love starting shit with Americans and their food choice.
Get another hobby.

is there a valid reason to not put toppings on pizza in a neat and orderly manner? do Italians just throw shit at the dough so it looks "il rustico!"?

imagine if someone made authentic pizza with evenly distributed toppings

The only gas Italians have to worry about when dealing with you is your intestinal gas, fatty

>imagine if someone made authentic pizza with evenly distributed toppings

it would be exactly as good as an authentic pizza with unevenly distributed toppings.

i just cannot wrap my head around the massive boner americans have for the idea of having every pizza slice be the exact same. are you all on the spectrum?

a pizza is made of bread. different balls of bread dough can have subtly different plasticity, gluten structure, weight, moisture content and so on. they are made quickly and by hand. they are going to turn out differently. the sauce is crushed by hand and the cheese is shredded by hand. the entire thing is assembled in a matter of seconds then slid into a wood oven, using friction/elasticity across the base of the pizza to pull it off the peel. everything about this process entails minor variation in the end result. most sane people find this adds to the charm of the experience. if pizza was $200 then you might be expected to scrutinise the differences between yours and mine, but with such a cheap and organic thing as a pizza the benefits of consistency are marginal. and what you get is unique, ephemeral. demanding that it be the same every time is like demanding that an antiques shop stocks ikea products.

NO NOT THIS THREAD DURING THE 'GO 'ZA SHITPOSTING PLEASE GOD NO

Why do people refer to Neopolitan Pizza as "Italian pizza".

You guys know there's different types of pizza in Italy right? This is only one region.

>neapolitan or NY style pizza
>crunchy

where the fuck are you getting this shit from

lmao, its fucking pizza. its all preference
your opinion isnt fact my guy.

So you don't have a valid reason? no one said the pizza has to be perfect, at least outside of japan.

i think i just gave you a pretty good reason.

you just described the process of making neapolitan pizza. having worked in a pizza shop, it takes marginal effort to put toppings on a pizza evenly enough to make sure there's no gaping empty spots, many places are capable of doing this even when slammed busy. is it hard to understand that a lot of people do not like biting into empty spots or globs of cheese on a pizza? I don't see how it wouldn't improve a neapolitan pizza.

>you just described the process of making neapolitan pizza.

i described it with specific reference to the processes in which you sacrifice a small amount of visual neatness for the best handling of the ingredients.

>gaping empty spots

if there are actual whole slices where there's no cheese or whatever, maybe there's some minor complaint to be made, but you're exaggerating hugely. superficial irregularity does not make for a worse experience unless you've got a stick up your arse.

> is it hard to understand that a lot of people do not like biting into empty spots or globs of cheese on a pizza

by people, you mean you. the idea that it's a universally assented criticism is egocentric.

>and now we add the beautiful fresh basil
>one basil leaf, two basil leafs, three basil leafs...
>aw, fuck it, pizza it too hard, let's just throw the entire fucking stalk on

chuck e cheese

>best handling of the ingredients
What does that even mean? how would breaking the cheese into smaller pieces and scattering evenly not improve pic related?
>superficial irregularity
Lol ok, please tell me there are no gaping holes in pic related and most of the neapolitan pizzas in google img. there's nothing wrong with wanting even toppings, this applies to so many other foods as well.
>egocentric
a lot of people not liking something =/= universally assented. majority of the world puts toppings on evenly, even places in italy.

>how would breaking the cheese into smaller pieces and scattering evenly not improve pic related?

breaking the cheese into smaller pieces changes how the cheese melts and how it eats. grated cheese is the norm in america because having one, consistent layer seems to be the target. however on a neapolitan pizza, clearly, variation is expected.

>Lol ok, please tell me there are no gaping holes in pic related

there are no gaping holes in pic related. i can see one spot where the slice might have maybe a third less cheese than the other slices.

> there's nothing wrong with wanting even toppings,

never said there's anything wrong with wanting it. you're the one who's saying there's something wrong with not wanting it.

> majority of the world puts toppings on evenly, even places in italy.

'evenly' is obviously relative in this case. not many places care that much about every slice being exactly the same, only large commercial operations or small expensive ones care about that level of consistency. and once again let me remind you: a neapolitan pizza is a handmade, extremely fresh product. pursuing visual consistency when you're making a product like that is a mistake. you want the dough to have the right thickness and tension, the moisture level to be well controlled and the toppings to be *relatively* evenly dispersed simply from the point of view of the pizza cooking evenly. the visual geometry of the pizza is only a secondary consideration and it can't get in the way of the other aspects.

>real pizza is supposed to look like shit
>it's part of the charm

I got a headache reading that. And get your shift key fixed.

>hurr durr slight asymmetry = looking like shit

you're like an evil garden gnome in a pixar movie or some shit

It's like ordering a steak and having them throw all the salt and pepper on one corner. It's not charming or pleasant, and certainly doesn't add a nice variation to the experience of eating it, it's just stupid and lazy.

Not even the user you were arguing with.

It's a 'people with passports upset me' shitpost

>It's like ordering a steak and having them throw all the salt and pepper on one corner.

no it isn't. that's seasoning, you dip. and none of the pizzas pictures have all the cheese on 'one corner'.

>It's not charming or pleasant

that's exactly what it is. you're being a total fucking tryhard pretending it has a considerable effect on the eating experience.

>that's seasoning, you dip. and none of the pizzas pictures have all the cheese on 'one corner'

So cheese is considered seasoning but the basil isn't?

Have you all ever stepped away from the keyboard and looked at what you are saying to each other? I mean seriously. It's pretty pathetic to even try to argue over something so petty. People like different foods. People come in all shapes and sizes. People don't have to like the same food or same drink just to get along. There is nothing wrong with OPs photo. There is nothing wrong with a Papa Johns pizza except the price at times with no specials. They are not meant to be the same or even an imitation of one another. Do you seriously think a Pizza Hut Stuffed Crust pepporoni pizza is suppose to be similar to a pizza 3000 miles away cooked way differently and with different ingredients? Even McDonalds can't have the same menu in two countries. Get real and grow up and deal with it or leave your basement once in a while. /butthurt off

>13 IPs

>such an enlightened middle school kid

Only rednecks and flyovers actually think this.

You've done nothing but make baseless pseudo-intelligent assumptions, use insults, and refer to scientific studies and statistics as "sophistry," it's logical to conclude that you likely didn't supersede the 50th percentile SAT score, and then perhaps you spent a few semesters wasting your parents' meager funds at a community "college" or state university, and now you're destined to spend your life never eclipsing a $30,000/year salary.

In contrast to your infantile assumptions and insults, these things are actually likely to be true based on the evidence you've presented in the thread: your emotional fragility, disdain for facts, projection, and anger. Despite all of these defects, little Timmy, I do hope you manage to persevere and forge some sort of healthy existence for yourself.

Nothing personnel, kid

>tfw OP (italian)
>made a troll thread expecting people shitposting and a lot of 'za pictures
>instead i got people autistically discussing the placement of cheese on a pizza
Good job Veeky Forums, good job
P.S.
I do think Italian pizza is better (in general) than american pizza, but i don't really care what type of pizza people on a Namibian water polo imageboard prefer. OP pic isn't representative of most italian pizzas because here, like in the us, there are various styles and variations.

Get a load of this newfag

And btw, we don't hate toppings, although we usually stay lighter than american pizzas. Actually my favorite pizza is messicana (with beans onions and sausage)

>So cheese is considered seasoning

that is not what i said.

>i made a troll thread hoping for nothing but shitposting
>instead i was disappointed when people actually discussed the topic

Good job indeed, Veeky Forums.

I prefer goza

>how it eats
breaking the cheese into smaller chunks (not grated) would make a marginal difference in how the cheese eats yet would leave no gaping holes (the ones you're conveniently oblivious of). There would be more balance and less globs of cheese that weaken the dough beneath it.
>not many places care about slices being exactly the same.
That's true, but not what I said, stop exaggerating my points. The majority do put toppings on evenly, not just corporate restaurants or expensive restaurants, pretty much any NY style pizza restaurant will.

This was never about visual consistency, it might be for the nips though.
>dough with even thickness and tension
sounds familiar
>moisture control
>evenly cooked pizza
hmm what could help achieve this?

Idk man, if you like your cheese in globs and your pizza with a "rustic charm" , that's fine, you do you. I just don't see any valid reasons from a culinary standpoint to not spread toppings out evenly.

I like to make my casseroles with noodles on one side and the sauce on the other side and never mix them. (I agree with your point) Consistency and evenness are needed.

>don't see any valid reasons from a culinary standpoint to not spread toppings out evenly

Italians are just anal about maintaining their illogical food traditions in the face of any possible reason to change. That's really all there is to it.

Should not every bite from anywhere besides the crust be the same?

>guys I KNOW what true pizza is
>IM CLEARLY SMARTER
No one gives a shit, so what if americans make their pizza differently, it's their style of pizza and if they like it then there's no problem
>inb4 calling it cheese and sauce on bread
isn't that what pizza is? :^)

There's something to be said for a little variation, but OP basically posted a picture of a caprese salad on bread.

Imagine eating a caprese salad and only getting two bites of basil, and half the other bites are plain tomato with neither basil nor cheese. It's plain stupid.

Yes for most dishes in my opinion, especially with things like sandwiches and pizza. sauces on the side of rice make sense because you can control how much sauce to mix with the rice, like curry dishes.

what is funny is they say "it's this episode again" but yet they posted it. They started the thread. They created the episode. So yeah.

>its a italians think some 'chup on burnt cracker with some mold and cheese sticks is pizza

To be fair, Italians are resistant to change when it comes to their food because their traditions are pretty good. If you compare even run of the mill Italian food to most 20th Century American monstrosities Italian is much better. So they're not exactly wrong to resist the pressure to Americanize their cuisine.

>it's an americans think their pizza is better tan italian pizza episode again

Really? is this what goes on here? How about we all agree it's a matter of taste and move on to something more productive?

This is silly.

opinion

I know holy shit, everyone should just realize that it doesn't matter what style of pizza it is, as long as it's tasty, I got no problem

That's a /tv/ thing - i.e. OP comes from one of the biggest shitposting boards on the entire site.

gotta get them (You)s niqqa

>Why do people refer to Neopolitan Pizza as "Italian pizza".

*Napolitan

And I don't know anyone that calls a Napolitan pizza "Italian"; same goes for a Sicilian...

I've been here and a few times to paranormal and that's it so thank you for letting me know. I was just like..huh? But I've been here for 11 years talking about stale pizza.

Duh. But it is the reason cultures with great food traditions like the French, Italians, Spanish and Turks tend to stick to tradition.

In the US the food roots were so shallow that things like breakfast cereal, chicken nuggets and stuffed crust pizza seemed like good ideas. That shit never could have happened in Italy.

>having worked in a pizza shop

Probably you were washing dishes and floors, because you don't sound like you were anywhere near the kitchen or the ovens.

At the shop I worked at toppings were added on request, and while we tried to keep them even, they were not perfect and there were spots that had less, in particular stuff like onions and mushrooms, that you basically grab and sprinkle on the pie.

actually i'm from /sp/, this
>meme
is alive and well on /sp/ too when referring to matches

>cultures with great food traditions like the French, Italians, Spanish and Turks

I like how you slipped in "Turks" at the end as though nobody would notice. Kinda makes it clear where you're from.

>ordering a steak and having them throw all the salt and pepper on one corner

You are most retarded... how are you comparing steak to pizza?

Have whatever pizza you like and stop being an ass.

i literally almost made a "europoors make pizzza thread".... why dont you show a good picture of pizza that you enjoy.

>So cheese is considered seasoning but the basil isn't?

Well... you are the first to mention "seasonings', but for you edification, if that's possible, in context both cheese and basil are ingredients.

>how are you comparing steak to pizza

It's a thing, that you eat in bites, that you put stuff on top of before cooking, because that stuff compliments and enhances the flavor, so you want that stuff in each bite.

You dense or something?

>where you're from
Is it that obvious I'm from New York?

>you are the first to mention "seasonings'

That was literally a direct quote...

>Nothing personnel, kid

*personal

And your use of quotation marks is abhorrent.

You sure use big words for a high school dropout.

>It's plain stupid

Nah, bro; what's stupid is comparing pizza to salad.

Explain why. Give literally a single reason.

>You dense or something?

I may be. If you weren't so pedantic you'd perhaps realize that:

1) Calling them things does not mean they are comparable.

2) You don't put "stuff" on before cooking a steak; you season it.

3) The "stuff" you refer to, in the case of a pizza, are the ingredients. It's farfetched at best to call the ingredients enhancements or compliments.

So... are you dense or something?

>it's farfetched at best to call the ingredients enhancements or compliments

They're called toppings, and even in Italy you can choose different combinations of toppings to compliment the pizza.

>Explain why. Give literally a single reason

Just one?

Well, you cook a pizza and you don't a salad.

Or, the pizza is set and the salad is not.

Should I go on?

>should I go on

Yes, because you've yet to give a relevant reason why the one can't be compared to the other.

>They're called toppings, and even in Italy you can choose different combinations of toppings to compliment the pizza.

You can call them whatever you want, but you are not addressing the original point. Also, they don't compliment the pizza; they are added for your enjoyment.

Lastly, you can choose from different pizzas, but you better not ask for a margherita with pepperoni...

>et to give a relevant reason why the one can't be compared to the other

Well, you didn't ask for a relevant reason, tho the ones I gave you are valid and essentially relevant.

If I chose to I could compare your mother to a whore... but I'm being redundant.

pepperoni a shit

theyre just different shit.

if you have tried both without being a faggot trying to validate his identity in anything he finds in his path, then you realize that it is pointless to compare them.

>you better not ask for a margherita with pepperoni...

Jesus christ, what kind of a shithole are you from where it's illegal to order a pizza with mozzarella, basil, and pepperoni?

>the ones I gave you are valid and essentially relevant

That's like saying you can't compare the character and personality of Timmy and Jimmy because one has brown hair and the other is blond.

>i just cannot wrap my head around the massive boner americans have for the idea of having every pizza slice be the exact same. are you all on the spectrum?

Because pizza cuts, I presume. I find it more amusing when people freak out over burnt crust. It's simply bound to happen in wood burning oven unless you're autistic about your flour.

turks actually do have a great culinary traditions, but is largely ignored by the west or used interchangeably with the greek. shit, a lot of recipes on the balks are variations on turkish dishes.

>people freak out over burnt crust.
I'm always surprised by this. It's like they don't know the crust is supposed to be a little charred on the edge.

Not the guy you're replying too, but since you are so correct about so much, I thought you'd like to know...
>compliments.
complementary
A compliment is verbal praise as you spelled it. When things go together positively, they complement each other.

OP, or whomever, there are so many varieties of american pizza and so many varieties of "italian pizza" that it's a stupid moot argument. There are good chefs with good ovens and then there are cheap ingredient people. If anything you can compare the flours used, or deliciousness of the buffalo cheese or homemade sausage or lightly seasoned and fresh tomato sauce, or even the richness of the extra virgin olive oil. You can exclaim the deliciousness of coal fired, a ultra high heat for quick rising and well done toppings with no moisture and cracker edged crusts, or the rich buttery pastry that is chicago crust to hold an ample amount of cheese lovers goodness flavored by dripping pork fat heavy with fennel, or maybe you like less common toppings like anchovies, clams, potatoes, rosemary, thin zucchini such as at ai marmi in Rome, but also found at Sally's in New Haven. Maybe you like foraged mushrooms or zucchini blossoms, or maybe you want oil packed or salt packed hand pitted olives, roasted beets and goat cheese,

Youre all autists. Youre arguing over something that is ENTIRELY preference.

To top it off none of you are willing to entertain the others points further than to pick it apart.

>"Hurr yuropoor are elitist and stupid"
>"All pizza is good, food change over regions when it's exported"
>Proceed to make 2 million threads autistically complaining about Chicago pizza

>something that is ENTIRELY preference

Some people are arguing exactly that, while others are arguing that it must be done the traditional, authentic way. despite a hundred reasons being given why that's kind of stupid and doesn't make much sense culinarily.

>complaining about Chicago pizza

Those are a few meme kids trying to force a dumb meme out of boredom. The people posting those threads aren't complaining about Chicago pizza because they've literally never tried it and don't know how it's made.

>traditional, authentic
>that's kind of stupid and doesn't make much sense
Theere's your problem. You can like whatever you like. But discounting tradition is stupid. Tradition is the combined wisdom of generations passed down because the result is something really good. Anyone who is serious about food takes the time to understand tradition, regardless of whether they choose to abide by it.

If you enjoy dunking your BBQ chicken pizza in ranch dressing that's fine. Enjoy it. Just be aware that many people out there would balk at the idea of a pizza like that, because there is a tradition behind this food, and that ain't it.

Read the thread.

The entire issue is whether or not it makes more sense to evenly distribute your toppings or throw them on willy nilly like in the OP pic, where you only get three bites that have any basil, and one of them is an entire stalk.

people who are serious about food have no problem with trying out new things

take your conservatism and shove it, this is a free country

You are wildly out of your depth. I've taken the GRE, LSAT and real IQ tests, so I know exactly how smart I am.

Meanwhile, you probably think science and math are racist. Because your IQ is probably under 100, and you MUST do so for your emotional health.

Please, refrain from "giving advice" (LOL) to anyone.

>Tradition is the combined wisdom of generations passed down because the result is something really good

This is true. But it's only part of the story. Tradition is also limited by whatever ingredients and techniques were available in the area where that tradition started.

These days there are many more ingredients, techniques, and technology available that were not possible "traditionally".

But evenly distributing topping only works when you're dealing with low moisture mozzarella. You can't evenly distribute fresh, which is what's used in traditional pizza. And it doesn't matter, because serving size of a trad pizza is one pizza. Even distribution only matters when you're trying to serve it by the slice.

There's nothing wrong with the distribution of the cheese in the OP pic; it's the definition of even distribution. We were talking about the distribution of the basil, which is the one topping on the pizza.

kek

>These days there are many more ingredients, techniques, and technology available that were not possible "traditionally".
Correct. But this is a double edged sword. For every inspired update on a classic there are countless examples of "just because you can doesn't mean you should".

That's why it's generally a good idea to understand what it was about traditional foods in the first place that made people pass them down through the generations in a specific way.

Basil need not be distributed evenly. It's there to brighten up a bite every now and then, not be an actual "topping".

>Correct. But this is a double edged sword

Oh, I agree with that 100%. And I agree with you that it makes sense to understand the traditional food before making alterations. I was just pointing out that it's dumb to cling to tradition as being the pinnacle of perfection because chances are that it can be improved upon.

>there to brighten up a bite every now and then

Do you realize how depressing that makes the pizza you're describing sound?

>most days we had gruel, but on sunday they wouldn't beat us, and on wednesday they gave us a basil leaf as a treat
>wednesday was always something to look forward to