What does Veeky Forums think about baklava? it's good as hell but after having 4 you feel like throwing up

what does Veeky Forums think about baklava? it's good as hell but after having 4 you feel like throwing up

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xzk7-W2mckI
karakoygulluoglu.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Then only eat one, you pig.

I like eating it, but making it sucks.

Hate it. Too sweet.

maras ice cream+baklava is fucking god tier, anyone tried it?

It's ok
I'd have it if it was offered to me, but I don't think I'll ever see myself craving it

I usually split one - they're really fucking rich.

Damn son, you got enough layers of filo there?

It's horrible stuff. Hellish to make, and disgusting to eat. Unless you grew up eating extremely sweet stuff, it's hard to take a liking to it.

Just my take. YMMV.

I'm allergic to pistachios and honey so it's literally poison to me

>allergic to food of the gods
I would kill myself.

that sucks

My grandmother has been making baklava by hand for 50 years. It's pretty good but it's one of those sweets that you have 1 of and call it a day.

My grandma used to say "If you can eat more than one serving of baklava, it's not a good baklava". Of course, she didn't account for landwhale fat fucks we have today but the idea is it's supposed to be almost sickeningly sweet and drenched in syrup. This dry variant can fuck right off.

>My grandmother has been making baklava by hand for 50 years.
why is it taking her so long?

HARR HARR HARR

DONDURMA

fucking kek

ur grandma is a pusse

Thanks for making me smile user.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xzk7-W2mckI

Robin williams is dead so there's no more genie to conjure it

Hard to buy good quality ones, most stuff is dry and nasty. Its a cunt to make by hand, very time consuming. However i love baklava, and that shredded wheat one too, its one of the few foods i could eat a fuckload of.

>after having 4 you feel like throwing up
Maybe if you're a little pussy bitch.
And no I'm not fat.

Never had one. There's a Mediterranean cafe or a greek place (that seems to specialize in fast food gyros.) Which should I go to for it?

probably one of my favorite desserts, i usually make mine with cashews and pistachios, sometimes almonds

>too sweet

i don't know what kind you've had but its definitely on the mild end for sweetness

It's not my goto dessert but I'll eat it if it's available.

I was over in northern cyprus last month. Shit is fucking amazing when cooked by people who know what they're doing.

All this people who never had real baklava bickering.
karakoygulluoglu.com

God tier desert if made right. More often than not it isn't, I especially hate when its drenched in honey

is it like apple pie?

no it's nuts (walnuts/pecans) + butter + honey layered between crispy phyllo dough. it's pretty dense and buttery/sweet

Yes.

it shits all over apple pie desu

Forget baklavas, this right here is food of the gods. knafeh with sweet, warm goat cheese and nice crispy kadaif noodles.. can't get enough of that shit.

Nice 'go 'za you got there friendo

>Northern territory of the Republic of Cyprus, under illegal occupation by the Republic of Turkey. Source: United Nations

Fix'd that for you. What's next? Gaza, Raqqah?

I live in a florida town with like 75% greeks. I can get ten variations of this shit on any given day and I must be honest: compared to melomakarona (honey cookie) baklava sucks twenty greasy greek cocks at once for $0.25

>buy fillo
>heat honey to make it more watery
>layer in a nut mixture
>pour honey over
>cook
wow so hard.

anyway OP it's amazing, I have a real sweet tooth so I can handle the intense sweetness, but I also get it from greek places which don't seem to make it incredibly sweet.

>melomakarona
Fuck that shit is good. Have them for breakfast with a glass of milk.

Fucking disgusting wog food I wouldn't eat it if you paid me

>hasn't eaten it but it's disgusting
this is why no one likes you /pol/, you bring nothing to the table except shitposting and off-topic racial debates

It is too sweet. Like seeing dripping fat food which make it disgusting cause you don't want to know how much fat you will be taking in, with this shit I don't even want to know how much my teeth get damaged which is a complete turn off.

>>buy fillo
>>heat honey to make it more watery
>>layer in a nut mixture
>>pour honey over
>>cook
Yeah, and beef wellington is
>buy pastry
>heat beef
>wrap beef in pastry
>shove in oven
Please never make baklava again. Thank you.

greatest sweet to ever exist.

kill yourself.

Try a savory lamb baklava instead then.

>being disgusted by fat/sugar content instead of the flavor by itself
why not just eat it in moderation

TS??

Word up malaka