What's the cheapest whiskey that isn't total shit?

What's the cheapest whiskey that isn't total shit?

Pic maybe related, I've never tried it but I see it at the store all the time for like $10-$12.

Try it, its great.
Heaven Hill do some killer bottom shelfers, Virgin Bourbon falls into this catergory but it aint widely distributed

It hurts to say as an American but Bourbon is kind of gross to me.

Canadian > Irish > Scotch > Bourbon

I remember back in my college days when I could drink Evan Williams straight. Back then if I could afford a mixer I felt I was drinking like a king.

Are there any good cheap canadian whiskies then?

Heaven Hill is cheap as chips and solid.

Mckenna 80 is also good juice.

What is it with Veeky Forums and giant glasses of whisky?

Black Velvet is pretty good. Taste a lot like Crown Royal but only $10 per fifth.

I'd be interested in everyone's recommendations for scotch/irish whiskey for poor people as well.

I like Canadian mist more than black velvet but both are alright for cheap

why waste time with small glasses when I'm drinking it all anyway

For cheap bourbon:

Evan williams bottled in bond (100 proof), about 15$
Old granddad bottled in bond (100 proof), about 18$

Cheap (blended) scotch

Teachers highland cream, about 17$
Famous grouse, around 20$

You want to get fucked for cheap? Any 151 rum or everclear and your mixer of choice will do just fine

If your whiskey doesn't taste like rot you're kind of a pussy.

I had Highland Queen the other day and it was nothing special compared to cheap shit (not that it's overly expensive). It also gave me a really bad hangover. I've realized that if I want to get drunk the cheap the quite light whiskies like Lord Calvert and Highland Bird are both harmless and good enough and they give me less hangover.

>$10-$15

Jesus christ it costs around $30-$40 for a shit bottle in Aus

That's fucked.

>You want to get fucked for cheap?
bottom shelf 80 or 90 proof vodka is usually cheaper than everclear.

Evan Williams/Heaven Hill are fucking GOAT at great prices

sure. but not as strong. even cheaper than bottom shelf vodka is the wine that comes in plastic bags i think. strayans know what i'm talkin about

i do usually just get a pint of gordons vodka for like 5 bucks though in the morning. that lasts till the evening when i want to drink better stuff lol

After trying Bullitt one time I can honestly say there is no reason to buy any other bourbon at that price.

Black Velvet. The ultimate poorfag whiskey.

$30 in Canada, too.

yeah, hobo wine and hobo vodka are usually the best choices as far as getting the most ethanol for your buck. which one is better usually depends on location.
Pint of Gordon's sounds pretty good. cheers mate

Norway reporting in, 29$ for half a litre bottle of Hamilton here.
For the same amount, Jack's 35.5$

Jim Beam or Four Roses anyone?

Any cheap recomendations on irish whiskey or scotch?

Irish whisky is trash, but for cheap scotch, J&B and Cutty Sark are right in your league.

Canadian Mist is the best cheap whisky

black velvet is for alcoholics

four roses by a country mile

Buffalo trace

>All these canadians recommending canadian whiskey

>cheap whiskey
>good

If you're in the US you can literally only choose one.

EW is basically the equivalent of what Popov is to vodka. Why do you think its so cheap? Of course it isn't good.

Also lol at whatever faggot bothered to break out a fucking snifter for Evan. Gotta let that garbage swill breathe right?

>Hamilton

wtf is Hamilton, who names a bourbon after a federalist yankee?

I think your hat may be on too tight. The inflated ego might have something to do with it.

Black Velvet is total shit though.

So y'all wanna know about cheap whisk(e)y?

I'm a habitual drunk that loves damn near every kind of whisk(e)y (apart from Irish - it's trash - and Japanese - never tried it). I never mix drinks, regardless of how cheap the liquor is.

>cheapest bourbon you can drink on the rocks
Ezra Brooks 90 proof. Although lately I've been noticing a weird, sour flavor, but it's still decent enough.
It runs me roughly $23 for a half gallon bottle
>cheapest bourbon you can drink neat (i.e. no ice or water)
Old Granddad 80 proof. OGD 100 proof is superior by and far, but the 80 proof is substantially cheaper and still good. The 100 proof comes in at like $22 for a fifth, but the 80 proof is $24 for a half gallon.

>I have $20 to spend and I need the biggest, strongest, cheapest drink I can get.
Canadian/Imported (they've fucked with the name recently) Hunter Rye is a blended whisky that comes in a plastic bottle, only in half gallon sizes and can be had for as little as $16 (usually $18, but most of the cashiers at my local liquor store give me a discount). It's extremely unoffensive. It's fairly sweet, but it has a good deal of spiciness to it. Also, it's fucking 90 proof - 80 proof bottles are often $5 more expensive. You'll look like a pleb buying it, but it really isn't bad - I'd rather have it thank Jack Daniels.

>You want an American rye whiskey on the cheap
Old Overholt is good. Legitimately good. I think it's better than Bulleit rye. Usually runs $17 for a fifth and it's usually very easy to find.

>I want the cheapest whiskey I can find
Royale Club. It's $12 a handle and it's basically whiskey flavored vodka. Doesn't taste of hardly anything. You can get a pint for less than a 20oz bottle of coke.

>cheap scotch whisky
Can only recommend Teacher's Highland Cream and J&B. Scotch, like gin, is one of those liquors that gets cheap real fast. I would rather go sober than drink bottom shelf scotch (other than Teacher's or maybe Ballantines).

Hope this helps.

You are aware that there are far worse bourbons than EW, right?

EW is just a slightly not as good version of Jim Beam.

if you're just getting drunk use goon you mongoloid

Guise, which one of these is the best buy?
Aberlour Single Malt 12 YO 0.7 - 20euros
Glenlivet Single Founder's Reserve 0.7L-22.5euros
Glen Moray Single Malt 0,7 l -14euros
Ballantines 12 YO 0,7 --17euros
I just want to have a good sipping scotch or hell, just a good scotch, since I have never really tasted one, so which scotch is for beginner?

Glenlivet is great and has a smooth aftertaste. I'd go with that.

Seagrams 7 surprisingly smooth for bottom shelf

Glenlivet

this shit

But most reviews online claims it to be shit, compared to 12 YO, so I dunno what to expect

Oh, I though you were referring to the 12 y/o. Go to Costco it's $23

Honestly i think Heaven Hill is better and cheaper

This stuff is actually good.

Jack Daniels is on sale for like 15$ a bottle where I'm at.

The best bang-for-buck blended scotch is William Lawsons by far.

agreed on that one.

buffalo trace is a fairly decent bourbon if you're willing to spend a few more bucks.

my 90 year old grandmother drinks seagrams 7.

Shh it's okay user.

It's okay.

$15 for a handle here in cali. Best bang for your buck for whiskey imo

true, it was my goto for awhile. Very few I knew had any positives to say about it, but those few were alcoholics as well.

jameson

I started drinking Bushmills while on a trip to ukraine; I think it's fairly tasty and affordable

suntory is like drinking diesel, but it's cheap as fuck in nippon

I got some moonshine in Tennessee, it really seems to warm my body more than whiskey from the store at a lesser apv (30%). Anyone know why some alcohol had a stronger warning affect than others?

Williams is amazing and my friend who works at a fancy bar says its the best well you can get

Isn't it rude not to share it with your wife and friends?

the cut goes deeper

Opinions on blended scotch?

that was my father, and his fathers drink.

it will do the job, and not tear out your intestines.

to be fair user, theres a shitload of different whiskeys made by suntory,

there was one i got to try in miami, that these drunk ass russians bought for me for my birthday when they heard my friend and his wife tell the bartender to get me anything they had.

dudes were like HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOTHERFUCKER, PUT IT ON MY DAD'S CARD!!!! WOOOOOOOO BIRTHDAYS!!!!

shit was like $45 a double, but it was amazing. the bartender said there was much better lines from them.

volatile compounds that survive the distillation process.

Sitting at about £25 in the UK, so about $32 USD.

On the flip side, Jim Beam white is about £12 so that is my go to cheap spirit. Perfectly drinkable, don't know why some people get so funny about it.

Cheapest 700ml / fifth of bourbon for sale in Australia is $30 dollarydoos and it's imported from Kentucky USA anyway

Fucking tax

Whiskey is the liquid fedora. Drink some vodka instead

Alberta Premium

Second Ezra Brooks. Cheaper than Evan Williams and tastes just as good. I mix it all anyway, I'm not trying to be fedora tier when it comes to firewater. Get it cheap and mix it and get on with trying to put your dick in something you'll regret.

I get Ancient Age on occasion. But, just a 200mL, if I do. It's only 90 proof, but, if I have a whole pint it's way more likely to give me a hangover than a pint of even lowest-priced vodka (Heaven Hill, Tsvaarski, Skol).

This is usually under 20 buckaroonies and it's bretty good.

Fuck forgot the pic