Dear Veeky Forums

Dear Veeky Forums,

Someone stole my cast iron frying pan given to me by my grandma from before WW2. How do I deal with this grief? I've been pissed off all fucking day.

RIP Ol' Rusty (was not actually rusted), you made the best B&E ever...

mods sticky please

If I find out who did it, death by cast iron. Looking at you, user!

Buy another one.
Also, story on how it got stolen pls.

>given to me by my grandma before WW2

You're at least in your late 60's. I'm sure you have the means to procure another.

jeez la weez sir, how old are you?

>What is reading comprehension?

No, as said, I had said that the pan itself is from before WW2, given to me by my grandma.

When it comes to cast iron frying pans, the older the better, I haven't looked but I don't think there are a lot of frying pans from before WW2 laying around. I'm not exactly sure how it got stolen. I live in a supportive housing building which is supposed to be 100% secure, which limits the suspects to staff. Normally I would just laugh at myself at such a ridiculous idea but 2 of my cell phones have recently gone missing from my home as well. (I'm not the type that looses stuff)

Time to set up a hidden camera and make some sweet Youtube cash out of the resulting videos as well as a possible prosecution and the returning of your goods.

You're fucking stupid my man

Murder.

Good idea, leverage is always a good thing.

This is the only punishment that seems to fit the crime.

Get a $10 fake Chinese iPhone for baitey laughs.

>I live in supportive housing
So you're an addict and likely have mental health issue, no?

You probably hocked your stupid pan 5 months ago to feed the money.

>he doesn't feed his money

You must look for them
you must find them
and you must kill them

or get them to give the pan back at least

>2016
>not feeding your money

I-I cook for my money every night! None of that tv dinner for my money, a-amirite?

Bi-polar type 2 and an ex-heroin addict, good guess. I would never have because it is from my grandma whom I hold very dear, she raised me more than my mother did. You can believe me, or not, your choice.

I just want my fucking pan back FUCKING SHIT, FUCK!

Current heroin addict here. Just started the IV. How long before I evolve into you?

>Not setting enough aside from your plate to feed the money

Come on now, the money doesn't need much to eat.

An excellent opportunity to get a carbon steel pan like a civilized person.

started when I was 17, and I'm 26 now. I would say I "stabilized" around 25 but then again I use now and then. Once you're an addict, you're one for life bro. It sucks, but it's the truth. My best advice to you would be to never get on a methadone or suboxone program, or then you will really be stuck. It may stabilize your life, but it can take 6 months to 2-3 years to physically detox off of, so it's more a curse than a blessing.

The only people who quit are the people who are really set in their mind that they are going to quit, if you have even the slightest inclination that you want to use still then it's pointless to even try. Explore different avenues of sobriety, detox, rehab, 12 steps, support groups that don't follow 12 steps, etc and find one that works for you.

In the end it's going to be about being comfortable with the fact that your brain chemistry has now changed, you are an addict, and will be one for life. Once you've dealt with knowing that and can move on to a sober and productive life while taking the steps you need to ensure that if that voice in the back of your head starts whispering for that lady H, you can have support systems to fall back on. Also know that relapse is a part of recovery, a lot of addicts beat themselves up over relapses but it is in the end just part of the process.

Hope I've helped at least a bit.

I've been an addict in some capacity since I was 13. Mostly booze, but I always loved my oxy 80s. Heroin is a more recent thing, I'm s7 and started that off and on at 21. Started IV to save money desu senpai

>You can believe me or not.

I don't believe anything junkies say. Notorious and compulsive liars. Every single one of them.

dude, I was a junkie and homeless when I was a kid, I lost all my shit except for what was in storage at my folks house.

You'll lose all your shit before you're done, just accept the shitass that is your life, accept that you've hit bottom, and stop being a fuckwad.

This is your life lesson on how badly you fucked up, you can learn from it and improve yourself or you can stay exactly where you are right now and suffer. Up to you.

>Sincerely
>Someone that's been there