So my chicken breast says best if used or frozen by june 15th...

so my chicken breast says best if used or frozen by june 15th. It was just in the fridge this whole time and I just opened it and it smells funny. just put it in the oven.

am I gonna die?

tl;dr chicken is 20 days past expiration date and is in the oven cooking right now. what should I do?

pls respond

Dates are far from exact, but 20 days past is not good.

Smells funny is a bad thing. Throw it out.

It's gonna taste like shit and might give you diarreah. You probably won't get salmonela from it if you cook it well, though.

but i alreayd put a bunch of seasoning and have it in the oven. what if I cook it really really long?

I already told you my answer. Why do you want me to repeat myself?

what if I cook it till its like burnt? would I still get sick?

Then it will be really dry
Also you will probably have at the very least diahrrea
I'm not too strict about (my personal) foodsafety but even I would not eat that. Just throw it out OP.

should I just kill myself?

I want chicken and it cost me like $5

Cooking it to hell will kill bacteria. But many bacteria leave behind toxins which survive the heat.

Throw it out.

Yes you cheap idiot just throw it away

OP here

r u all just trolling me to make me waste my chicken?

what should I eat? I'm hungry friend-pai's

If you aren't going to take anyone's advice, why ask? just fuck off, eat your bacteria-infested mess of a dead bird and die.

If this is what you're like to people you know outside of Veeky Forums, then no one will miss you anyway.

Throw it out. Who has time for food poisoning? If some reason this thing had something horrible on it, e.coli or salmonella, it's had a long time to multiply and get icky. Little known fact is that cooking bacteria just to kill it doesn't address the spoilage of the meat itself, and the toxins released by dead bacteria. Just chuck it. Next time only keep raw chicken 48 hours, or freeze it. Those dates are for the store really, and they are cold-storing much colder than your fridge, almost a frozen state. That little thaw they did when they put it out for sale, as well as the warm-up on your trip around the store in the basket and your car ride home increase the problem. Ever hear how you shouldn't refreeze thawed meat? Danger zone, that's why.

Wow rood. I really don't have any friends desu desu

Here's my chicken. Guess I'll eat some peanut butter with no bread or just not eat today

>Ever hear how you shouldn't refreeze thawed meat? Danger zone, that's why.

While I agree with most of your post, that part is wrong. Re-freezing meat isn't dangerous from a bacterial perspective, rather it fucks with the texture of the meat due to drip loss.

will u guys donate money to me im hungry

I would not eat any meat that smelled funny raw. Dates don't matter so much, but the nose knows.

You make it sound like it's our fault you're not great at stocking your pantry

>the nose knows.

It sure does goy

but it is your fault senpai

jelly? thank you for forcing me to buy pizza

the driver literally said "no tip huh?"

I just looked at him and didnt say anything lol

That's some classic 'go 'za right there

If he actually said that you should have spit on his shoes and slammed the door in his face

You should kill yourself because you sound like a pathetic loser whose life is pointless

Agreed, and then reported to his boss that one of their drivers is a dickhead who has made you not want to order from them again.

Fuck off, /pol/, you have to be a certain kind of stupid to find these conspiracy theories funny

will i die if i eat rotting flesh? answer that for urself user

Those fries look dry as shit

You are so casually cheap it's almost charming

disgusting

holy shit what awful people you are
stop being so fucking cheap

>so my chicken breast says best if used or frozen by june 15th
NO CHICKEN BREAST TELLS ME WHAT TO DO
FUCK THAT BREAST WITH YOUR PENIS AND EJACULATE WHIPPING CREAM ON IT AN SAUTÉ IT TO PERFECTION AND THEN SERVE TO THE ELDERLY.