Time to cook!

Time to cook!
Shrimp, ground pork, ginger, and green onions. Any guesses?

A filling for dumplings?

Either dumplings or spring rolls.

Won tons

Yes indeed. The recipe is super easy, too.

If it's for spring rolls, add black pepper, fish sauce, egg white, potato starch or cornflour, rice vermicelli, shredded carrot and Jew's ears.
That's how my mommy makes them. (:

Grate the ginger

That sounds really good, actually. I shall have to try that. I just got some spring roll wrappers the other day but haven't used them yet.

>no bamboo shoots
>no water chestnuts
honestly, it'll makes a world of difference if you add these to the food processor.

Yeah, I like the bamboo shoots. I'd have used some if I had them.

I don't know why, but water chestnuts are one of the few foods that I don't care for.

Yeah, and my whiteboy dumpling crimping surely isn't up to a restaurant standard.

They came out great though.

She uses popiah wrappers, which I don't think are made of wheat like regular spring roll wrappers are. Popiah wrappers are kinda see through. The reason is that popiah wrappers turn super crispy when frying.

She also does a beef version, omitting the shrimp and pork and adding shredded fresh yellow turnip or fresh water chestnut (to compensate for the sweetness lost by the omission of shrimp) and a little chilli. DON'T use that canned water chestnut shit. If you can't find fresh water chestnut, yellow turnip is a surprisingly decent substitute. Or jicama.

>Popiah wrappers are kinda see through

Yeah, that's what I bought. This may be wrong, but I always learned that "spring rolls" were made with those transparent wrappers (made from rice, IIRC), whereas "egg rolls" were made with the opaque flour-based wrappers like I used for these dumplings.

>>canned water chestnuts
My local Asian market stocks them fresh, but I've never tried those. Maybe it's only the canned ones I don't like? I also have ready access to fresh Jicama.

lookin good, gjop

Canned ones are terrible. Fresh ones taste pretty similar to jicama.

And yeah, those are the right wrappers to use.

>mixing seafood and red meat

>pork
>red meat

PLEASE STOP WITH WITH GOZA THREADS I AM BREAKING DOWN

You fucking suck at dumpling folding

they don't look too bad my man. mine would have looked much worse t bh

ruined. why the fuck would you fry that instead of steaming? where's your wonton soup

not even pan fried + steamed (like gyoza), he went full red, white and blue and deep fried that shit

>putting water chestnuts in your food intentionally

it's nice to see that some people are not only evil but hate all life and joy as well.

This OP. RUINED.

DNRTFT

>shumai

deep fried dumplings are a thing even in canada
calm the fuck down yurofags

#
Yeah there are fat people in Canada too fucking yurocunts

Pot stickers
With chili oil (the kind with shitloads of chili flakes and seeds in it that you can scoop up)
Fuck yes

try em before you knock em

mmmm obesity

mmmm i weigh 140 and am 5'9"
sorry you actually gain weight when you go for all you can eat sushi

>ruins dumplings by dunking them in boiling fat
>frequents all you can eat sushi places

shit taste confirmed.

>doesn't like ayce sushi
holy fuck die immediately

looks good.

>on a diet
>dumplings are my one weakness

You're killing me, OP

ever tried making your own wrapper Its super easy and kinda fun imo

you fucked up OP Should have steamed then fried just the bottoms

That effort level of wrapping is disturbingly low get out of here jeb

as if i care what some nigger on a anime image board thinks. was one pack of the squares out of 200 I made. stupid nigger child.

>implying steak and cake isn't the cornerstone of a nice meal

>I don't care what you think
>Let me rage about it for a bit

This is a Taiwanese rice paper drawings board Newfag

no one cares youre on Veeky Forums you want some validity go to reddit nigger.

gooks a gook. theyre all the same, gook.

I find her eyebrows to be.... disturbing.

I've never made wontons, but this makes me want to try it. I made gyoza somewhat successfully.

Alright guys, steamed, deep fried, fried, or boiled - which is the best for dumplings?

what is surf and turf?