Making some authentic Pho

Making some authentic Pho

Does authentic pho require you to glue the ingredients to the cieling? Damn, I've been doing it wrong.

beef liver, pigs feet, duck heads, chicken feet, beef tendons, cow heart, mystery thing, Mirepoix and Pho noodles.

>classic image.jpg

> brb checking back on this thread in 5 hours when the stock is done simmering

leave Veeky Forums

Sweating down the mirepoix

Added the goose heads, chicken feet, pork feet, beef tendons. Cooking the shit outta this for a while then will simmer for 2-3hours

ive never had pho but im interested.
what are those three ingredients you have on the side, there?

>not charring the onions

Not OP but it is beef liver, beef, pigs blood (congealed)

We eat this in México

>""""authentic"""" pho

Sure thing, whitey. Get your own culture.

Didn't think to char the onions. Yep beef heart and liver we are saving to eventually sear.

The browner the better. Same goes for garlic and ginger. That or toss in some msg. Where your spices at bro?

Are you implying that people can't cook authentic meals from other cultures? If so, you're dead wrong.

Also,
>whitey
Nigger detected

i'm fucking pumped for this thread dude.

a few questions though.

since when the fuck are carrots, onions and celery used?

don't you normally use shallots and ginger that you sear over direct fire for aroma and bitterness?

not trying to hate dude, I like the fact that you create OC. but you had to call it "authentic"

also you missed the spices, which are pretty much the most important part of the broth..

star anis, cloves, cinnamon sticks, all heated up in a pan to get the aromatic oils roiling.

this is some pho 101 dude.

doesn't garlic get bitter if browned? Regarding onions and ginger you're right though

This

What the fuck are you doing OP

I fucking love pho but that ingredient list makes be very wary about what's in the stock of the place I usually go to.

also is ordering rice noodles online a good idea assume I have no access to gookmart USA?

love me some authentic 'o

You idiots just don't get it OP is fucking with you and you all just got played

OP here..... Sorry shouldn't have called it "authentic".

this is our 1st attempt working with any of these ingredients

no worries man, i don't give a shit if it's authentic or not. infact i am very much intrigued by the ingredients you are using.

i'd say your pho is halfway between a chinese soup and an italian pasta sauce and i mean that in the best way possible. you're being (consciously?) very experimental with your selection of meat and that's cool. please do tell how it came out.

also where did you get all that meat? they don't even sell that where i live. where you @?

my friend always orders his Udon noodles online, i think you're good my friend.

don't think so,

I feel impending urge to skim something.

what if OP just didn't show putting the spices in? pls respond.

rate my pho. didn't have all the classic ingredients but it was still great

that shit looks absolitely delish, would devour

OP OC hooray.

i thought you had to berl that shit for like 3 days tho

that sesame dressing is so strong it makes me feel like im eating it wrong. ive just been pouring all of it in the rice noodles

literally nothing in your pic is used in normal pho, except the onions and noodles. curious to see how it turns out though.

t. Vietfag

which vietnam are you from you lying fuck?????

It's fish sauce with lime and pickled carrots. You're doing it right I think, that's what I do too. Also I hope you know that's not pho lol

That liver seems way too large to cook properly without cutting up more.

isn't that bun?

Best nam ;)

Just reducing the stock a little bit more... Heart and liver are taking way more longer than expected to be mid rare

Who are gonna put a hex on user?

This is our final pho

>Are you implying that people can't cook authentic meals from other cultures?
Naturally.
It's not authentic if you appropriated it.

You're a very insecure 2nd or 3rd generation child of immigrants to a predominantly white country aren't you?

0/10

God damn, you fucked up

Looks disgusting

>literally something out of a nightmare

The broth looks like shit, it's all the worst possible offal boiled for hours, undercooked dry noodles, the blandest garnish that even someone who eats instant ramen everyday would put their nose up at.

Gross man. I'm not even Viet and I can tell you that you aren't making an authentic pho dish.

Wtf is this ? :/

You learned this time, next time will be better. Also I don't know if you're actually supposed to plate the feet and head

10/10 that looks amazing

First step OP, pronounce pho as "fuh". You're so white I can hear you saying it wrong from on the internets. Second of all, toss out those fucking carrots and celery. The fuck is that shit. Third of all, look up "authentic pho recipe".

Did you even roast your beef bones before boiling them for your stock?

OP HERE! I'd say overall not good end result, but I'll tweak it A little bit and put it on special this wknd at work

That jelly looks nice. Is it grape?

OP make sure to brown shit before you simmer it (like them chicken feet) for maximum flavor. Also roast your bones. You also need spices. Don't know what the fuck you were doing with that liver, seems like you didn't either.

Liver did make OP vomit

Please someone cap this for a food nightmares thread

god damnit OP you had one job

please dont serve that to humans
especially dont charge them for it

also, where do you work that they havent fired you yet?

also learn some fundamentals of cooking like knife skills, browning, building a broth, seasoning, flavor profiles, presentation, etc

Man. Bún chả giò not phở dude...

this food look very authentic recipe. dark soup is american style. i am cambodia. my family eat authentic soup lot.

i thought a major part of pho was beef bone broth

I love your red and white label... I mean flag.

I'm Cambodia and can tell from the spoon that this is not authentic.

>spoon

my country (laos) we call this freedom scoop for lite brof soup. it come very popular many time for soup.

The broth is more than half of good pho.

You fuck up the broth and forget about it, dish ruined.

>except the onions

don't you normally use shallots tho?

>I hope you know that's not pho lol

pic name says "pork and vermicelly" :>

I think he knows, dude

tell me tho, how did it taste my man? did you actually eat the chicken feet/duck (?) heads?

i'm REALLY curious bro. where you from?

I like that you're making OC, keep it up

I feel angry looking at that

>that dead goose eye staring up at you

Spooky mate, but I bet this'll be amazing.

Wait, never mind, didn't read the rest of the post.

Not him, but chicken feet are great for making broth. I always toss them rather than eating, but some people eat them. Ive heard of pickled chicken feet.

>duck heads
>chicken feet
>pig feet

imagine living in a country where the defining characteristic of the food is that it is made historically from the scraps the upper class thew to the plebs.

DAS RACIST!

nigga

absolutely disgusting

kek

There is nothing authentic about this you fucking faggot.

sage