Is this liquid water or what? New uni student chef reporting in. First time cooking chopped meat...

Is this liquid water or what? New uni student chef reporting in. First time cooking chopped meat. Plan is to cook meat then put onion and tomato.
What is this liquid im getting when cooking?

Nvm it dried up i guess its just water. So sad the onion made me cry.

So when is the right time to add salt and spices?

You're not drying your meat, it's frozen, and/or you're not using enough heat/letting your wok get hot enough.

Thanks user!

Mostly this but cooking meat does cause it to weep liquid regardless of how dry it starts initially, cooking at a high enough heat typically makes this negligible though

looks like shit noodle bro

Sharp knives and not holding your head directly above them helps. As for the seasoning, depends on the dish. I would've did a quick meat marinade/brine. The vegetables I would've did a pinch of salt when they hit the pan. For the dish in general, I like to add a little sauce of my own making when all the ingredients are in the pool to bring them together.

Fellow beginner cook here, here's how I would fix this, in order of importance:

1. don't overcrowd your pan. Give the meat room or it will steam

2. Remove excess moisture from meat before cooking. Becomes more important as the size of the cut increases

3. Your meat's looking a little gray, mostly because it's stewing in juices instead of searing in oil. Get your pan hot to the point where your oil starts smoking, before putting meat on.

At least you added onions after the meat. Because onions release a lot of moisture. Moisture is bad for a stir-fry.

2 things:

1. heat way too low, and
3. crowding

all meat leaks water when cooked - get your cooking vessel hot and don't crowd what you're cooking

There's not really such a thing as crowding in a wok. At least, not in the conventional sense.

Thanks guys i will improve next time!

Always season before or during cooking, never after. Unless it's finishing touches at the end, you never want to season at the end.

you are a weeb faggot

True, but that's special when it comes to woks. Woks are coolloke that.

>no overcrowding in a wok

that's because the proper way to cook with a wok is under a trillion degree pure white flame from the volcanoes of Hell. In a Chinese restaurant those burners will zap moisture, and coupled with the continual stirring and tossing, it's impossible to end up with OP's mystery soup-water.

Your calphalon wok on your shitty electric burner on the other hand.. That's a misuse of a tool.

On a side note guys. I only have 1 knife and 1 board to cut meat and veges on. How could i clean it during a short cooking period? Im feeling not very safe even tho i rinse them in hot water before use.

Post a pic of your dick and I'll talk with you all night bro

Turn up the heat indeed or remove the food hours from the freezer before you start cooking it.

Dont cut off the root of the onion next time. Thats what makes you cry.

put saran wrap down on the board before cutting, not perfect but it helps a little

Why do you rinse it beforehand? Literally no reason to do that.

Prep all your veg and non-meats, then prep your meat up.

This way you don't risk cross-contamination. And use soap and water after you're done and dry. Extremely low maintenance.

>Dont cut off the root of the onion next time. Thats what makes you cry.
This is the first time I've heard of this. It's wrong. Who makes this shit up? The enzyme is in all of the onion's cells. Best way is to just not hold your head directly over it, and use a sharp knife so you're slicing instead of crushing the cell walls.

you tear up when you cut onions because the onion has sulfates that get into the air and react with the moisture in your eyes to create sulfuric acid, nothing to do with cutting off the stem or whatever. Older onions have more sulfates.

??

this is definitely not true, in most cases when there is a sauce you are going to want to salt it to taste in the end so as to avoid the dish being too salty.

(because liquids/sauces reduce down through the cooking process.)

black rice?

hey buddy what's that black stuff?

Black rice :) its supposed to be "healthier" than white rice. Tho the grains are a bit harder.

This, 100%.

I agree that some seasoning should be added during the cooking process so its flavors can blend with the ingredients. But you always want to taste the food at or near the end of cooking so you can adjust accordingly.