What sort of pastries do you like?

What sort of pastries do you like?

Fruit and cheese danishes are the bomb

My favorite has to be a cheese Danish. The pairing of fresh cream and flaky bread is delectable

Cinnamon buns are alright, but they're so goddam rich and sugary. Overwhelmingly so. I can only eat them once every couple months.

Mine would be the Napoleon. Flaky pastry layered with cream, and a nice icing on top. Simple and delicious.

eclairs

My niggas

I almost forgot about baklava.

The only establishment near me that makes it uses way too much honey. I should try baking it sometime.

What counts as a pastry, anyway?

Sweet bread that tastes fucking flame as hell, bro

I had some storebought baklava once, but it was like all flake and had none of that delicious looking filling. It was awful.

Sweet breads, usually with some type of filling.

I gotta agree with this fine gentleman.

I like the huge 1200 calorie cinnamon buns. My school used to always have some in the vending machine, it was great.

Cinnabuns and andonatsu are the only ones I'll actually go out and buy. All the others I'll eat if they're part of a breakfast buffet or something

I love cannoli, eclairs, and cheese danishes. I kill for a good cheese and blackberry danish.
Also empanadas and croissants with chocolate inside.
fugg.

Have any anons here ever made danish, I'm curious if it's difficult to do at home.

Empanadas are great, I'm glad I live in AZ where they're cheap and readily available.

Can't be much harder than baking a pie.

I enjoy the very dense and rich variant. Satisfying with just one serving.

ensaymadas, cinammon rolls, blueberry scones, lemon poppyseed muffins, all sorts of muffins for that matter, kolaches, danishes. i love sweets obv.

anyone have a cheese danish recipe they particularly like? I need some

The name Danish is a bit misleading, it's actually an Australian invention.

I don't see any vegemite danishes

Spanakopita

all of them.

all of them

All of them, please help me. Tiramisu is probably my favorite.

You know that's not a pastry, right?

The only correct answer.

It's a sweet thing that's tasty and dessert-like and sold in the pastries section.

This, a pastry filled with a sweet walnut cream.

these are so fucking good

These are some eclairs I made while back. I was going to do some baklava this weekend. Does anybody have some good apfelstrudel recipes they would recommend? It's something I've been thinking about making.

Another picture. I used Bruno Albouze's recipe but did a vanilla custard instead of a chocolate one.

I had my first croissant hybrid earlier on. a cromuffin. it was amazing. I don't usually go in for sweets but whoever invented that deserves a prize.

If any of you are in North Carolina, Baba Ghannouj makes great baklava and all made in house and they have several locations.

glazed apple and custard
chocolate covered churros

i cant stomach these, had it once with my mom and couldnt finish half

>used to be a restaurant near me, best in area, had bakery section
>made the best eclairs I've ever had
>pastry part tasted like almond flour, chocolate was dark, bittersweet, hardened shell
>filling was more stiff than goopy, not overly sweet, flavorful and rich
>mfw the restaurant closed
>have never found an eclair as good