Embarrassing moments eating out with family

>Go on vacation with family
>Sitting down at nice place( not super fancy but definitely not a slop house.
>Huge order as my family and relatives are all there.
>Cousins start to get impatient
>jokingly band on table with fork and knife "we want food" "we want food".
>As a restaurant worker both FOH/BOH Im now completely embarrassed.
>Meals come at a totally appropriate time
>We finish eating
>check comes
>One of my cousins sees the check
>HOLY CRAP I DONT HAVE THAT KIND OF MONEY
>implying she was even asked to pay anyways
>Staff member sees this runs off laughing
>Literally the most embarrassing eating out moment of my life

What are some of your memorable moments eating out with embarrassing friends/family

This isn't anonymous facebook, and you sound insufferable.

no you sound insufferable.

My drunk mother called my drunk sister-in-law a bitch and they both had a slap fight in front of everyone.

lmao sounds like something that would happen at road house...or a chilis

>I'm not stupid, you're stupid!"
the classic comeback

>no u

Go back to /b/

you go back to b

my mom has like 3 modifications to any dish she gets every time

sends back coffee if it isn't scalding

orders meat well done

pulls out a small cocaine glass vial of stevia from her purse for her coffee
I hate going out with her

>restaurant worker both FOH/BOH Im now completely embarrassed

you should be embarrassed but it has nothing to do wtih your family

dude fuck off if you have nothing to contribute .

My father got caught with his hand up my little sisters skirt at a dennys by a waitress

If you guys don't have obese parents then you don't understand real humiliation in eatery establishments

>Father is 340lbs
>Mother is 260lbs but much shorter
>Once a month they force me to go out and eat with them
>They always try to be cute
>They are proud of their obesity
>They have 'props' they bring with them to every restaurant
>For example, they find the restaurants menu online then write it down on a huge piece of card and pull it out at the restaurant and start saying ''big menu for big people!'' and laughing while everyone else is silent
>at the end of the meal my dad always squats and rips his pants causing change to fall out because he hides it there then says ''we tip with a rip!''
>they always laugh at me for ordering normal portions

LITERALLY humiliates me every time and they don't care.

I love these

I dunno that was a pretty sick burn I would say it's 10 times better than OP.

every time I visit my parents we go out to eat, and then they get drunk and yell at each other and complain about my sister the all night . I usually eat an edible beforehand to make it through

>20 year old brother orders off the children's menu and will have a fit if they don't let him, we were once asked to leave a reataurant because when he was 17 or 18 he loudly called a waiter a "fucking nigger" immediately after he turned away
>Mother orders every steak "extra well-done" and always sends it back to be cooked more, without bothering to check it. It will be charred by the time it's suitable for her to drown in A1 and pick apart
>Whenever she orders meat she'll ask a waiter to cut off the "gross pieces" without ever specifying what this means, and will get snippy if they don't do it properly
>Father is a normal citizen who orders and eats reasonably

year old brother orders off the children's menu and will have a fit if they don't let him, we were once asked to leave a reataurant because when he was 17 or 18 he loudly called a waiter a "fucking nigger" immediately after he turned away
I'd have a drink with this guy.

>we tip with a rip

what the fuck

This shit sounds like something that would be on that show what would you do

This isn't so much embarrassing as it is annoying.

>visit parents and other family across the country with my family twice a year
>every time, they ask us beforehand where we'd like to go out to dinner, since we're only there a couple times a year
>we tell them, and then spend a month or two looking forward to going to our favorite places
>once we get there, they do a complete 180 and make us go wherever they think we should go, which is never very good, or worse, they order pizza or some shit.
>have NEVER gotten to eat at our old favorite restaurants even once since we've been living up north. Every. Time.
>mfw

I wish they just wouldn't bother asking, because we know how it's going to turn out.

>Going out to eat with family
>Mother is already drunk because it's the fourth of july (2 years ago)
>We go to Fujiyama
>Get seated with another family while the asian dude starts doing his tricks and making food
>My mom makes all kinds of comments about him and what he's doing, none of them good
>Then she gets pissed because she is gluten free and doesn't want what is available to her
>starts throwing a fit and being loud
>eventually goes out to the car as my dad, my sister, and I are left sitting there awkwardly the rest of dinner

>Brother and sister-in-law come to visit
>they want to go eat "real asian food", since they live in bumfuck nowhere
>take them to one of the nice Japanese restaurants in town, it's fairly upscale for a Japanese place
>Brother and sister-in-law do a sake tasting with me before dinner, everyone seems to be doing fine, I have a buzz, but am nowhere near drunk, assume the same of the others
>server brings food, sets it down, sister-in-law looks at her plate, looks at her chopsticks, then looks at the nice, quiet server girl and yells "I'm a white girl, I can't use no chopsticks!! I need a fork!!" in some weird eastern twang I've never heard her use before.
>I literally bolt up and go to the bathroom and wait 5 minutes before returning to the table because I'm so embarrassed.
>Brother leans over to me when I sit back and down and says "yeah, she gets pretty loud when she's drunk".

Waiter this pasta is old and cold!

I went out to a nice, quiet sushi place with my mom and dad. Everything was going fine, when out of absolutely nowhere my dad started screaming at my mom about how Ray Rice was completely justified in hitting his fiancee and said, "if you did the same thing to me you better fucking believe I'd punch you right in your fucking cunt face", while literally spewing foam from his mouth the entire time.

:^)

Does he fucking fart too? Is this an Eddie Murphy movie?

>when your dad spits out the broccoli at a Japanese place and complains about it being raw
>"Broccoli is not supposed to be crunchy! I am NOT paying for that!"

You sound like a cuck. You tell your parents where you are going and they can come if they want.
>oh but little billy, dont you just love Pizza Hut?
NO YOU FAT BITCH. I WISH I WAS NEVER BORN.

Anyone with Asian families has countless awkward stories about going out to eat with family.

>Vietnamese
>go out to eat pho with my mom
>choke on a piece of tripe
>shit is lodged in my throat
>I motion for help
>my mom is glaring at me like I dishonored my grandparents
>have to fish out tripe with my hands
>she says to be harshly, "Don't you ever embarrass me like that again."

So I guess it's the opposite of what you wanted, OP. I was the one that embarrassed my mom.

CAT FIGHT! WOO WOO!

What kind of fucking heathen offspring disrespects their parents like that, you little shit?

*to me harshly

>Dinner with family for sibling's birthday
>Tells the server "Its (person's) birthday!"
>"Oh very nice! I'll be back"
>5 servers come over and everyone knows whats about to happen
>Entire restaurant looking over

Maybe not that embarrassing but surely the time I'd really rather be at home

>little billy, we get the early bird AND senior discount if we go to Olive Garden at 4
>NO! I want tendies you bitch! reeeeeeeeeeeee

>Squeezing oil out of fries with half of the establishment's supply of paper napkins

She's still fat and lazy.

>Goes with Mom to DQ
>She's never been
>Order a blizzard
>She wants a scoop of Strawberry ice cream
>They give her Straeberry flavored Froyo or something
>Gets mad, says I asked for a scoop
>W-we don't serve ice cream here
>Mom says how the fuck don't you serve ice cream here it's a fucking ice cream shop
>Throws ice cream or whatever it is at the cashier and storms out
>Never go back, even though it was next to my school

Well, I mean, she's not wrong to assume what she did.

But she's a total batshit cunt. Sorry for your life, broski.

Is your mom Lucille Bluth?

i'm the embarrassing guy at the table but i'm not gonna go too far into it

lmaooooo

tell us, guy

you're anonymous

Veeky Forums is not your blog, whine about your boring life on facebook

You too

And you

This being Veeky Forums though. pasta is always welcome

Mad/10

>no fun allowed

Fuck off. Stop acting like you own the place, faggot.

>at Chinese restaurant for sisters birthday
>Dad is making jokes in a stereotypical Chinese accent, loud enough for anyone nearby to hear
>Mom orders some fried duck dish, eats it and yells I DONT THINK THIS IS DUCK!
>Dad has some shrimp dish, asks for tartar sauce, waitress trying to say they don't have tartar sauce
>Dad yells TAR-TAR, I SAAAAID TAR-TAR

you act like you own this kitchen
your fired

>go out to eat with ex and her mom
>all her mom talks about it how shitty the place seems
>usually would ask to move to a different spot
>tries to tell server how to do their job
>unless it's a place she's been before, she just sits and picks apart the food
>called me an alcoholic for having two beers with my meal
>implied I had no manners because I didn't put a napkin on my lap even though I'm the only one saying please and thank you to the staff
She was a cunt

We're you dating the girl at the time, or was she your ex at the time of the meal?

>me 17th birthday
>never been to bww
>autism brother tells sever it's my birthday
>everyone stares while they do their song
>everyone in the resteraunt joins in on the song
>that part ends
>don't get a free milkshake or discont or something
>just an uncomfortable song

it's older pasta sir but it checks out

That was every dinner out with her mom while I dated the girl.

>go to a asian themed restaurant
>mom goes "WONDER IF THEY HAVE CHICKEN TEMPURA"
>doesn't even open the menu
>asks the waitstaff
>waitstaff is confused because they were asked for something thats not on the menu
>mom explains again what she wants
>she is told no and goes "awwwww" then claws through the menu
>dad looks through the entire menu
>proceeds to ask for something thats not on the menu

Happens every time we go out to eat at an asian themed restaurant. I stopped going out to eat with them

and no matter how many times I tell them how to say Gyoza, they always find a new way to say it - which is usually a twist on "Guyyuckza"

your mom is a bitch but you really should have your napkin on your lap

thanks for the laughs anons

>when mom starts telling the waiter she doesn't want the steak red but baked through

>my sister who is pretty much a cheap ass goes to diner with me
>starts going on how delicious the soups sound as starters
>she doesn't have enough money for starters, main and dessert but wants a dessert too
>looks at me if we can share and starts to whine all woman like
>tell he we can if she pays half
>waiter comes over she says nevermind
>then proceeds to flirt with him (he is around 20, she mid 30's and a mombod
>whines to him about how delicious the starters sound specially soup X
>waiters asks if we want to try it for flavour
>all happy she can get a little bit of soup for free she agrees
>at the end of the diner she wants to pay her half, her debit card is refused cause not enough cash
>I pay for her, she promises me that she will pay me back asap
>after a week and a half ask her nicely to not forget
>"tehe user you're like a debt collector ;)"

>hear this from mom

>sister goes out with coworkers for diner
>everyone pays themselves
>right before ordering she asks to go to the bathroom
>goes to check her banking account for cash
>she has less than 0 so no money
>pretends to have a stomach ache and nausea when she comes back
>uses this as an excuse to leave the party
>feels better the next day all of a sudden
>tells us this without the money part all smiling and shit as if we don't know whats up

Damn i was about to post that :^)

I don't have Parkinsons. My lap will be fine. Also it wasn't my mom

>>visit parents and other family across the country with my family twice a year
Before your visit, state that you're dying to go to Restaurant A again, looking forward to it. State your desires before they make their suggestions. Be flexible that you have control over only half of the dining slots though, the other half go to their choices. Also be mindful they no longer like whatever place you do since they stopped having good service, new chef, new owners, etc. They could also be on a bigger budget than you. Offering to pick up a meal for others is one way of being a courteous guests. I order takeout for pizza, salads and my other favorite italian joints when I go to Chicago. It ensures I get Lou's and I won't get any whining about the lines or let's go to such and such instead.

Damm, OP!
I was just about to post this pasta.
Ya' beat me to it.

>My lap will be fine.
No one wants a disgusting dirty napkin on the table in sight until the server is ready to clear. If it's clean, then you have no manners to use it to blot between bites. Now stop being uncouth and learn that none of the rules of etiquette are stupid and optional. Use them all or you simply don't respect other people. There's no shame in being respectful of others. No one is ever going to say "oh man, that Bobby is so polite, we hate him." Take the life lesson to heart that you offended someone for a good reason.
As far as the comment about having 2 beers, were you driving? Was no one else drinking at all? It's not necessarily wrong to have two drinks, but try looking around at what your actions might create for others. Were you drinking throughout? Was there one for the road far after the point you'd be able to get a buzz from food consumption? When you wish to impress future in-laws, you certainly should care about your significant other to the point of wanting to impress them that you are a decent match and won't be embarrassing her for years at social functions and work functions.

You sound like a cunt, but I'll bite.
I don't have a problem with food on my face, I don't eat like an eight year old child so the napkin is clean throughout.
One beer was had before the meal and the other during. I wasn't driving. Her mom had one glass of wine with her meal.
I've always been called polite by any parent I've met of friends or a SO. There comes a point when someone is just a cunt, and her mom was and is a cunt.
Also I should add she would do this at places like Fridays. Nothing upscale.

owned

Oh fuck off, different isn't always bad. I don't mind interesting/funny discussion, and apparently most of the board doesn't either. But you can kick and scream about "those darn Redditors" all you want.

Are you autistic enough to need a mental flowchart on acceptable dinner behavior?

Dude, napkin goes in the lap until the end of the meal during clearing. It's the rules. You should have been blotting your lips before sips of your beer whether you think you needed to or not. I guess you have no home-training to think you are exempt from etiquette through logic. I'm judging you right now for arguing about it. No matter what you think of the woman who was your future in-law, you're right now defensive and arguing why the rules don't apply to you by attacking a complete stranger that pointed it out to that you're once again wrong. Just become right. You're enlightened now.

>Are you autistic enough to need a mental flowchart on acceptable dinner behavior?
I didn't grow up with parents and grandparents who weren't classy. Etiquette and business etiquette is second nature to me. Only people who were allowed to be feral and unclassy through their childhoods and young adulthood find social situations difficult or awkward. If you don't care about offending others, you stay ignorant. I took dance lessons, modelling classes, spent time at the country club, and can do it all, from tennis lessons to golf to sailing to weddings with ease. My parents didn't leave me at home when they traveled. I'm not sure why you think I'd be autistic, and can only assume you must be projecting something about yourself when you read my post. Projection behaviors...well, that's all about you. Talk to someone.

Uhhh umm what?

Believe it or not, I've tried all those things. When we visit, we usually end up picking up the tab for most meals out, even though we're visiting (we make more money than they do, so it's okay) I've told them ahead of time how we're looking forward to going to certain places, and I've suggested places we'd like to get takeout from as well. The problem is one side of my family is too controling, and the other side of my family just doesn't give a shit what other people want or like. That's the honest truth. We still have to go see them though, because some of them are getting elderly now, and I want to see them before anything bad happens, I love them. That said, though, we'll still wind up leaving frustrated by a lot of things, the restaurant situation being only one issue.

>25 Year old brothers birthday
>He is a very severely autistic man, think chris chan basically
>We don't usually take him out but it was his birthday
>We take him to an 50's style diner because he is a 50's boo
>We get there
>Goes OK for the start of the meal
>However he becomes gradually more and more creepy towards our waitress
>Starts smiling at her, and trying to touch her
>Doesn't say anything though due to his autism
>We can all see in his eyes however that he is building up to say something
>Dad tries to distract him
>Asks him if he wants a dessert
>He gets really excited
>'I'M GONNA HAVE AN AUTHENTIC JELL-O SALAD!'
>gets hyped at the idea of a Jell-o Salad
>Waitress comes back
>Hands us the dessert menu
>Brother snatches it from my hands
>looks
>no jell=o salad
>asks the waitress why there is no jell-o salad
>she says 'sorry sweetie, we don't sell that, do you want anything else from the dessert menu?'
>calling him sweetie seems to trigger him
>'NO..... BUT I WANT SOMETHING FROM YOUR DESSERT MENU'
>he stands up and grabs her arm
>'I WANT A SHAKE FROM YOUR MENU.'
>she has panic in her eyes, tries to shake free
>he doesn't let go
>dad tries to calm him down
>'hey champ, how about we go and get some jello on the way home?'
>he doesn't listen
>keeps shaking the waitress
>dad manages to pull him off and drag him outside
>mother and me give a huge tip and apologise
>during the drive home brother draws a 'dessert menu' on his arm using a pen he stole from the restaurant
>is just crude pictures of the waitress encased in jello with her tits out

>>is just crude pictures of the waitress encased in jello with her tits out
My god

Sounds kinda hot

>best friend from high school is from where I live now
>every year his family comes up to watch a baseball game
>So yeah user, we'll meet up and get some lunch and then go see the game.
>Sweet, where are we meeting for lunch?
>Oh, they want to go to Hooters.
>Really? There's plenty of local places way better than fucking Hooters, I can suggest a few just a block or two away.
>Nah man, Hooters is great, it'll be fine.
>I'm not a sperg so I drop it
>go to Hooters
>order drinks
>friend's dad orders some draft beer
>waitress apologizes but the tap is broken or something
>friend's dad kind of half jokingly asks to see the manager and other such unfunny shit
>dude just kinda digs at her for the rest of the meal about it like it's her fault
>he's one of those guys who makes good money and thinks that's reason to treat service industry people like shit
>whatever, he's probably getting his food spat on but that's none of my business
>get some tenders, they're alright but obviously pre frozen
>rest of the meal is pleasant because I'm shooting the shit with my bro, until
>I'm reminded that today is his quiet little brother's eighteenth birthday
>this kid probably has mild autism but he's Veeky Forums and memorizes sports stats so it'll work out for him
>bunch of waitresses come out
>hand him two menus, one for either hand, and two cone dixie cups to put in his mouth like a beak
>make him dance and flap his wings while they sing the birthday song
>literally the cruelest thing I've ever seen, I'm sitting there cringing for him
>meal ends, we go to game, I go home
>get angry stomach from Hooters food all night

>birthday
>plan to go out to eat with dad
>he ends up calling half the family to go
>they're all loud people who seem to be drunk even before having anything
>they spend the entire night singing in the karaoke
>end up having to fake sickness to get away from that

>getting offended because people don't care enough to bother with etiquette
Fuck prissy faggots

They're literally posting what op asked for
Insufferable faggot

YOU
SOUND
RETARDEEEEED

>it's the rules

I can't help but feel a bit sorry for her you know. Shit doesn't always work out the way they where supposed to for a lot of people, and all of a sudden you're too old to really do anything about it.

Oh my lord severely underrated post.

>napkin goes in the lap until the end of the meal during clearing
>you should have been blotting your lips before sips of your beer whether you think you needed to or not

Though obviously baiting, both of these points are absolutely true.

I wouldn't necessarily say that's it's rude, especially in casual situations in this day and age, but it's definitely a sign of being lower class, or otherwise having had a poor upbringing.

Lol shut up

>I'm not sure why you think I'd be autistic
Gee I wonder why

>this nerd voice

>>hand him two menus, one for either hand, and two cone dixie cups to put in his mouth like a beak
>>make him dance and flap his wings while they sing the birthday song
Is this real? Is this what happens at Hooters? Why is this a practice?

Just fucking leave it, yeah? What the fuck do you think you're achieving here? If it's bait you haven't even managed to triggered anyone, if you're serious you aren't convincing anyone your stance is right. Just give it a rest m8.

suicideboys?

sorry but that's fucking hilarious. I know mental illness is no fun and all, but did you honestly not laugh? I mean yeah, it's embarrassing to an extent, but he's autistic ffs. perfect excuse right there.

>go to red robin with family because uncle is dying of cancer
>I don't want to be there but couldn't find a good excuse to skip
>brother's wife's son (a fatass manboobs drug addict who barely graduated high school) and gf (homely fat cunt) are there
>not a meme, legit
>they throw a straw wrapper at me and giggle
>I ignore it until they do it again, then I grab a pepper shaker and throw it at him
>then suddenly family step in to break it up
>uncle keeps saying he may as well get a burger and root beer float because it doesn't matter now
>very depressing and I wish he would stop
>brother's actual kid (12) is an adhd undisciplined tard, is running around being loud, meowing, playing on the 3ds, making game sounds, tries arguing with the waitress about something stupid for five minutes
>watching the waitress' expression of barely contained exasperation and hatred for her job through a forced corporate smile
>no one moves to stop him because they're lazy pieces of shit who think their speshul snowflake is just perfect
>if you mention he's at another table pestering the people, you're met with screaming and crocodile tears and accusations of being heartless and mean
>I eat my crappy food and try to ignore it
>red robin has these ipad things mounted to the tables that glare in your face the whole time, prompting you to pay to play a shitty mobile game on it for five minutes
>family act like the restaurant is amazing and the food is the epitome of high culture
>look like farmers from kansas who just stepped into nyc for the first time
>they've asked for an additional menu, are reading off it in wow and wonder, reading descriptions out loud
>uncle is having spasms all over, I have to help him eat
>keeps mention how he's dying soon and how horrible his life is
>food is shit

holy shit that is a picture of me from a teenage cosplay. wtf where is that from

vinegar

Specifically because it's embarrassing. When you're a bunch of standard bros who like to fuck with each other, taking someone out to Hooters for their birthday is a good way to get a laugh.

Well that sounds fucking awful.

I had a friend freak the fuck out at the suggestion of us telling the servers at a restaurant it was his birthday. As in he was getting legitimately pissed off at the mild hint it would even be funny. Threatening to walk home several miles if we did so.

We were all in college and he was throwing a fucking hissyfit. We harped on him a little bit afterwards for it, but never learned why he was so upset by the idea. You'd think by the way he was acting the last time it happened the wait staff collectively bent him over on the table.

Wouldn't be terrible if that happened at Hooters desu

At least, not until the Thai waitress walks up.

Fucking kek