You guys really should do QTDDTOT threads

You guys really should do QTDDTOT threads.
Anyways, here goes.
How do you people keep the butter soft? Is refrigerating it wrong?

Pic unrelated.

Keep it in a butter dish on the countertop

>QTDDTOT
What the everloving fuck does that stand for?

Also isn't there some french crock apparatus that seals butter off from the air by submerging it in water? How does one keep said water from accruing bacteria and the like? Can I just toss a slug of vodka in it to keep it safe?

Questions That Don't Deserve Their Own Threads.
I think it originated on reddit and migrated here. Having never been to reddit, I can neither confirm nor deny my suspicion, but I've always gotten that impression for some reason.

basically "stupid questions general"

Generals kill boards that's why no one's responding.

>keep butter submerged in vodka
>entire household is cheery in the morning

I bring it from Veeky Forums, don't know where they took it from.

Won't it go bad? or melt completely? It gets as hot as 35-40 degrees here.

;)

it takes a little while to go bad, two weeks or so

You can try a butter bell. They are supposed to keep the better fresh for longer but ive heard the butter also tends to fall into the water.

it will melt if its 40, yes

>What the everloving fuck does that stand for?
Lurk moar

Take it out 30 minutes before you want to use it

Keep it at the appropriate temperature?

keep it in a french butter dish or a butter bell, both of which are kept outside of the fridge at room temperature

It's something that control freaks push to discourage the creation of threads they don't personally approve of. Utter cancer, if they are allowed to take root then every time there's a new thread the first response is an angry self appointed mod linking indignantly to the general so they can control the replies and grind their axe

Buy some high quality butter like kerrygold. I keep mine in the fridge and it's still spreadable

refrigerate unsalted butter, salted is fine on the counter in a dish

it started on Veeky Forums to stop all the one post threads

buy real butter and keep it in a plain old butter dish with a lid. I keep mine in the cupboard next to the plates I use for sandwiches and toast.

your cupboard should stay at a pretty consistent temperature throughout the year unless you live in some crazy climate, but then I'd imagine you'd have air conditioning or something.

I originally started putting my butter in the cupboard just because my cat would flip it open on the counter top and lick it until he was sick, but it actually keeps better that way.

Who is this boner condoner?

Can someone post that infograph of what to put in various brands of cup noodles?

i use a butter bell. i can keep it there for as long as i want and it wont go bad. the butter doesnt fall in as long as you push it into the bell hard enough

Speaking of butter storage, what about bread storage? Are wooden breadboxes the way to go?

how do i pasta

i fill my pot about 3/4 full of water, salt it, bring to boil, dump pasta in, turn down the heat to like medium, cook it the lowest reccomended time on package, dump it out, and 5 minutes later its a big clump of overcooked noodles

fuck i don't get it

What anime is that?

Dump it out into a collander or a sieve, pour over some olive oil, and give the the ol' shakah shakah shakah. Don't go off time alone, you can see when pasta is al dente, and you can take a piece out to test it. If you undercook pasta you can always cook it a bit more in your sauce, but you can never uncook it.

Also why reduce the heat immediately? Dumping the pasta on will cool the pot. You should only reduce heat once it starts to rolling boil again.

because you're waiting 5 minutes. what the fuck dude, 5 whole minutes. no one in italy dumps pasta out into a colander to sit for five minutes.

You can buy butter which stays soft in the fridge, it's just butter which they took the high melting temperature fats out of. Slightly different mouth feel though.

Refrigerating butter is unnecessary. I store it in the fridge, but I always keep a stick testing on my counter top so it is soft enough to spread

I do the same and for the same exact reason. Never had any trouble doing it this way and always spreadable.

I keep mine on the top shelf in the cupboard, keep the bag airtight, not in the fridge.
Refrigerating bread causes it to mold faster.

spin and tuck or use the twisty on the end?

>refrigerating bread causes it to mold faster.

Bread that doesn't suck doesn't come in a bag with a twistie.

Can you show me examples without it being home made please

but 'we' do

Idolm@ster Cinderella Girls
Anya best girl btw

Sure. Just do a Google image search for the word "bakery".

They still put them in bags though. You don't just carry a loaf out in your hands with no packaging what so ever and if you did it would last one afternoon at best before getting soggy or too hard to even chew.

Missing the point.
If it's sitting in a bag on the shelf pre-sliced it's probably shite.

If it's out and sold whole without a bag then it's likely good.

Whether or not someone puts it in a bag later on is immaterial. And a good bakery will never put bread in a plastic bag because plastic traps moisture and leads to it molding faster, thus good bread will never be pre-bagged in plastic. Paper bags are appropriate for bread.

when you pour the pasta in, stir until the water comes back up, then lower the heat. Pasta cooks quick, so dont go by the recommended times, go by taste

but i gotta let it drain for my macaroni salad

My bakery puts things into nice paper bags, while usually leaving a few on display in front of the compartment. I wonder what they do with that old bread. It's got to be so stale after a day or two.

how do you guys dry out your fish after you defrost it?

Yes.

>Refrigerating bread causes it to mold faster.

stale faster, not mould

rinse then paper towel