I am a Japanese, but cannot understand the Odorigui that is one of the culture

I am a Japanese, but cannot understand the Odorigui that is one of the culture

Creepy

I'm not Japanese and I don't have a problem with this, but then in my culture serving whole, mutilated animals is considered a festive thing

I can see how if you grew up eating breaded chicken cutlets or "tendies" as we call them in the west, it might seem barbaric to be reminded that meat came from something that was alive once.

I think it is a useful reminder.

it's not part of Japanese culture. It's meme food for memesters and only a recent phenomenon. Kind of just like shark fin soup is for ching-chong dog eaters.

this

its not a common staple you see businessmen eat everyday after work this shit is like horse semen shots in NZ or those shitty ultra hot wings challenges in the states

its a meme

消せぞ。٩(๑`^´๑)۶
生きる食べ物はうまい。

>its a meme
Summer lovin', had me a blast.....

>生きる食べ物はうまい。
>Food is good to live.
I can use Google translate as well, weeaboo..

glad you think translate works correctly cause it says living food is good
>t. nipponese

>s-summer fags!
>am I cool yet guys

チェリーボーイ

行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く行く!!!!!!!

できるかな?できるかな?

絶対行けません。

ACK ACK ACK ACK ACK

We eat this in México

In my culture this is considered part of a three-course meal.

Alive "once" is one thing, but why do the Asians (and elites and show offs) want to take it a step further and eat stuff alive?

I can never escape the feeling that the people who go for something like this are only a small step away from eating a human alive.

>want to take it a step further

That's just human nature. You see it in every culture. For example, Vegans. It's one thing to say "let's eat less meat", but why take it to the extreme of NO MEAT EVEEEEER. Some people take Paleo to the same extent. Or get obsessed about LOCAAAAAL.

' '

The fuck?

No one in SLP eats this shit. What part are you talking about?

But it's not alive, it's just twitching

Westerners boil crab alive, o noes call the ASPCA

>the meat you eat was once alive
Yeah no fucking shit, you don't need to torture a pig to death over a fire to 'remind' me. That's just cruel.

I can't tell if you're serious or not

fire is nothing my friend... the pig is already dead then..
but spike it alive on the metal pin...

it usually dies soon once you impale it on a spit. I've seen it die directly because of fire only once when we didn't have spit (we sometimes use them for public executions of rapists), so we just tied its legs and hung it from a fresh ash log.

Are you Pinoy or Romanian?

It's one guy forcing this meme.

白人、足が好きですか。

Authentic Asian

upvoted

Ikizukuri has some roots in Zen Buddhism, with special mention to wabisabi

Nowadays, it is probably a mix of Zen's lingering cultural influences, and being a way to shock and titillate diners in order to create buzz and draw a crowd. From the reactions all over the net to this sort of thing, it seems to have worked pretty well in that regard.

In my culture the baby pig has its legs removed and cauterized and it is tied down to the table as the chef burns its hair off with a blowtorch

The best chefs can prolong the screaming for up to an hour. If you are white, you wouldn't understand

For the most important meals the legs are removed well in advance to avoid unsightly blood

here's your (you) you lying little false flagging fuck

/pol/ here.
Ya'll still think it's a grand idea to let tonnes of non-whites into the west?

It's not up to you, marginalized white man. We're already here, and we outnumber you

But I wouldn't expect a race that doesn't excel at academics to be able to understand statistics, let alone something as intangible as fate

cringe

You shouldn't gloat. You're going to have to work and be inventive once we are gone.

I wouldn't worry too much about what things will be like when you're gone. Just work on preserving what you have by suing everyone for DISCWIMINATION ;_;

You're supposed to name it beckywiththebadgrades.jpg