Best donuts in southern California?

What are some of the best donut shops in Southern California? I've been to the major ones(That I know of), i.e. California Donuts, and Friendly Donuts. Just wondering if there are any others worth mentioning?
Also, post your favourite Donut.

The Big Donut

Thanks. I'll check it out.

napkins are always free.

knowing how messy i am: I'll need as many as I can get.

The Rolling Pin in Camarillo mah man

Nobody's mentioned Randy's? Fucking top tier, always take my mates visiting to there and then Titos for lunch - long lines at both though, be prepared.

In 'n Out Animal Style Donuts.

Any place, really.

Randys Long Johns are terrible. Super thick solid icing

Damn. Just looked it up. Those do look fucking great.
I've seen it a few time's, driving by. Apparently, it's "meh", at best. And pretty much just a tourist attraction. But I'm always down to try new places. Tito's looks good, as well.I think I'll try them both, next time i'm in the area.

I don't go to Randy's on the regular, but having family in Inglewood it's practically tradition - I agree that it's primarily tourist these days, haven't been in a while but last time I went the donuts were still pretty good. Tito's will always be great but goddamn those lines, hate when we're figuring out a weekend get-together and someone suggests Tito's.

Try to find a Spudnuts, they make their dough out of potatoes and are the BEST

This dude knows what he is talking about

The Donut in San Pedro

Never understood the hype for Titos, must be a Westside thing. Food is hit or miss the few times I've had it and the lines are way too goddamn long.

I used to work down Manchester by Randy's and co-workers would get their donuts all the time and they never tasted any better than the other donut shops in rundown strip malls that are all over LA.

The Donut Man Hands down. Particularly now during the summer when they have either Fresh Strawberry or Peach stuffed donuts. They are god tier.

Also if fruit donuts aren't your thing they also have these awesome glazed donuts called Tiger Tails. They're basically giant glazed twists loaded with a stripe of devils food cake inbetween. So damn good.

Finally their creme puffs are really good as well. Light french cruellers stuffed with different flavors of creme.

they used to serve these at student body gatherings at my old college, but stopped because they cost too much. would usually grab two of them if i could. great donuts

Iunno i got arrested once for taking more than 2 napkins at a sandwich shop.

trendy donut shops kick the everloving shit out of trendy cupcake shops

Yeah the costs have gotten really bad for them now. I think the fruit stuffed ones are running 3-3.50 per at this point.

Thank you all, for your suggestions. These all seem pretty great. I can't wait to (hopefully) try all of them.

A&A donut on LA Habra Blvd. Try the maple

No problem man. Main thing about Donut Man is they're cash only and they are open late. I think the Strawberry donuts are still in season and the peach usually start mid-late july into august. Their window is a lot shorter, but if you follow them on facebook they usually announce it on there.

dunkin

Tne donuttry in Huntington Beach is awesome best donuts ive ever had in California

Edit they are also 24 hours and have sandwichs which are good too. GET THE BLUE BERRY AND STRAWBERRY DONUTS frosted or glazed

Upland Donut in Upland.

They've been around for like a decade. Back in high school I had a teacher that would buy two boxes and sell em for a dollar each at lunch.

He was pretty cool.

I came

They have an ATM now, though yeah you can only buy with cash.

I drive back and forth between the San Gabriel Valley and the IE a lot, I might give this place a try.

Mr. Bruce right? Those donuts are good OP

Storytime?

oh, hell yeah. I'm going here, when I can.
I'm particularly interested in the creme puffs.

afters ice cream basically gives you a donut and they cut it, fill it with a scoop of ice cream and whatever topping you like

I've actually been meaning to try that place. Just haven't gotten around to doing so.

i live in santa monica so i go to dk's a lot which are pretty good with great variety

don't listen to this guy, I grew up and live in camarillo. The only reason why Rolling Pin is popular is because its a meme. We would all just hangout there late high in highschool because it was the only place open in the small retiree town of Cam. For some reason people started bandwagoning in and coming at all hours of the night for mediocre donuts

Actually, only good donuts are tiger tail, bear claw, or cronut. Not worth visiting camarillo for though, unless you're in the area to shop at the outlets or something

can't believe no one has mentioned donut friend

haven't been yet ('cause i'm not usually in that area) but man,
photos always get me reeling
they name donuts after bands/artists and make interesting kinds

lmao this is hilarious as a fellow uplander
bruce and heins(sp?) both sold them when i was there. and kyhn too i think

That doesn't look enjoyable at all. It simply looks messy. With nothing but the overpowering taste of strawberry when you chew it.

Afters, m&m on Katella by dland, opens at 9 pm get their blueberry donuts they come in a pizza box; people have already mentioned donuttery and sidecar

That's a super small place called Mary's donuts in eat county San Diego that I have always loved. Anytime I'm over there I pick up a box. They are the best I've had in socal but I haven't been to a bunch in this thread. I'll have to try some of them.

actually tho

I'll have to check it out

Anyone else know good places in the Upland / Rancho / Ontario area?

SK DONUTS
K

D
O
N
U
T
S

That sky blue ponut looks tasty!

>California donuts not falling for the cereal meme

What is with the entire west coast and cereal on donuts?

They're all run by consent of the Filipino Donut Mafia. You sell a donut around here they want a piece.

combining breakfast items

I think 90% of donut shops in the SGV are owned by Cambodians or Vietnamese

>fruit loops on a doughnut
how disgusting, surely a basic glaze is just better

I live next to donut friend in highland park and it's great

It's the bees knees

>hard crunchy cereal whose flavor hasn't even been brought out by milk
everyone knows that cereal is best 10 seconds after you pour milk on it

$4 for a fucking donut...