BBQ in New England

>be me, decided to go to
newish BBQ place in central MA
>pic related is 2
slices brisket, cornbread made on a sheet tray, "cucumber salad", and normal mashed taters
without me saying the price, what would /ck pay for this? I feel I got hosed

>BBQ in Europe
I wouldn't step foot there let alone pay for that pathetic meal

£8? - I don't know what that is in dollars

Probably a lot less than last month

NEW ENGLAND as in the northeastern US, specifically Massachusetts

$8 total

Meh only 2 slices of brisket?

bout $6 to $8

$0
That looks rather meh and I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

Go to bubs bbq out in Hadley. I was there every week when I was at umass

Sorry, Sunderland

That's not BBQ, you yuppy

Used to live down in NC, and def not a yuppy. Only bbq place nearby and decided to try it for fucks sake. Brisket was smoked well and was super tender but lacked any actual flavor.

$14

I'd pay 8 or 9 at the most, I'm going to guess you paid $11?

I just paid 12 for pic related. Probably close to 3/4lb pulled pork + 3 big sides and biscuit. borderline expensive to me.

Like $6? Looks like shit but I'm betting you paid $15-$20 for it.

Considering that it's brisket, I would start the price off around $8, then throw another $3 on for the sides, totalling $11 before tax. I left out the price of the drink, but if you're a good lad you'll have avoided soda anyway.

now this I can get into

>. I left out the price of the drink, but if you're a good lad you'll have avoided soda anyway.
lol yeah, but he would have bought a beer

For that meal, at my local bbq joint, I'd pay 7 before tax. But then again, I'd just as soon pay 10 and have the buffet.

If I visit you tomorrow, will you feed me?

>tfw native of north carolina
>tfw i didn't learn to like barbecue until i was 15

That brisket looks pretty sad at best. For that if i was in a pinch, I could see myself paying 8 bucks for it. Nothing more though. After that I'd rather just go to a food truck and get 3 small gyros for 9 and end up taking one home with me for a snack later.

If you paid more than an 8 dollar equivalent you definitely did. I'd just be mad about the quality of the brisket though. That looks like a Jack boiled or slow cooked concoction. Sides and cornbread look decent though.

Yeah I'd do 8 bucks but I live in a city where say if you went to a restaurant like that and the brisket was a little better, I could see that costing 12 easily as a lunch item.

I'm a complete idiot and missed it like a first poster did. Read his post and it confirmed my thought. Thought you were in real England. Thought MA was like Manchester or some other Canterbury town. Yeah i live in Philly so like I said, 8 bucks for that, better quality brisket at some BBQ place in Center City, I could see 12 on a lunch menu.

Deconstructed BBQ, hrmph. Considering the portions are decent and it's a hipster restaurant (likely), let's guess this thing was $18, standard dinner prices for a joint that isn't crappy and/or new.

What town are you in? Im an avid and badass home cook bud, and love company. For reals I'll cook for your punk ass

2 measly pieces? 6.99

> BBQ
> Massachusetts

Pick one

Depending on what they pay for their meat, that may very well be how much it costs them to prepare that meal.

Corn bread looks reheated
Cucumber salad is a big no
Mashed potatoes looks alright
Only thing I'm not sure of is the brisket, I'd have to try it to make a good judgement

MAfag here

I think something like that would be like 11-13 bucks at this place near me called Firefly's.

I've been down to the South, though, and I wouldn't pay more than 9 bucks for something like that. You could get more than twice as much at some generations-old mom n pop BBQ place and not pay more than 15, 2bh.

BT's smokehouse in Sturbridge MA is pretty fantastic and the brisket there is probably the best I've had, even including ones from down south. Juicy as hell with a super flavorful and crusty bark, it was the surprise winner out of everything there. Ribs are dope af too. You fucked up, OP

It's served in a hipster tray with brown paper that doesn't even fit the tray.

You paid at least 11 for the brisket and 3 dollars for each side... and then paid your mandatory hipster tax... so i bet you rang up for around 25 bucks.

U. Got. Hosed.

That plate of food down here in Atlanta would cost you about 7.50 - would be served to you by a black lady who was married to the pit master, and she'd have refilled your bucket of sweet tea while you waited for it to come out.

>Brisket was smoked well and was super tender but lacked any actual flavor.

then it wasn't smoked well. lived in western nc for a few years. those lazy fucks couldn't bbq to save their lives. half the places didn't even have a smoker. they'd crock pot pork butts and you'd get a sandwich bun with plain pork roast with a smattering of store brand bbq sauce on the bun.

pissed me off to no end. i'm still pissed about it.

>i'm still pissed about it.

You have our collective permission to let it go.

>newish BBQ place in central MA

nigga actin like I wont recognize sweet cheeks which has been around for years.

I live in southern CT and would make the drive just to get good bbq. I used to have a good place when I lived in NJ but then the area got gentrified and all his clientele moved away so he went back down south.

$12 tops

near you? fireflys is in marlborough about 15 mins from me...

No clue what sweet cheeks is, I am in worcester

might as well be europe. barbecue north of the mason dixon = no thanks.

I live in Marlborough, home of Firefly's. After seeing that place plugged every week on Phantom Gourmet, I tried it. Food was pretty good, but not OMG-I'M-CUMMING-FOODGASM good. Portions were kinda small, too.

email me, lets talk user
[email protected]

>go to a region not known for a type of food
>order that food
>surprised it's shit

What's next? Gonna head to Arizona and order New England clam chowder?

That shit would probably be like $19+ here in Canada. Fuck this place.

update: It wasn't bad, just mid core. Paid 17.99 for the brisket plate, and yeah the consensus is that I did, in fact, get hosed. Damn hipster bbq places. Should have gone to unos, saved money, and got an authentic 'go 'za...

Next time just go to Red Bones is Davis Sq (Somerville). You'll pay similar prices, but at least the portions are worth it.

norcal here. bbq plate like that would probably run $15. 8ish for the brisket, 2-3 per side. might run you more if it is in the downtown of a major city

Upstate NY's is pretty good.

god bless American education

why do every time i see someone post images from a bbq restuant
they always give you a pitiful ammount of meat?
i thought bbq was about a gluttony of meat

Firefly's blows. they shut down the one in Framingham it was dead empty for a year. Tennessee's was adequate but there's too many Mexicans cooking there now, they can't make brisket to save their life.

The marlborough one hasn't been too bad in my experience. Waitstaff is kind of hit or miss but the food is decent for northeast BBQ (whatever that means).

Yeah, I live less than 10 minutes away from the marlborough on e.

>All these central-MA cu/ck/s crawling out of the woodwork

You guys want to meet up sometime? I'd love to hang out if people are down and check out some good places I might not know about yet.

OP here- posted my email earlier in thread. Email me fuckers im totally down and live in Worcester so we have a central meeting location, or maybe can organize the first coo/ckoff

Hiya Satan,

Peabody here. I grew up closer to Boston, Arlington actually, and i know of more than just a handful of smaller joints most folks wouldn't initially consider traveling to. For instance, Arlington has Blue Ribbon which is still one of my go to places for 'q. I'd definitely be down for a Veeky Forums meet up. No r4pe plz.

Here's my idea; the BBQ beach party in Boston. Yes, I know, it's an Andelman Phantom shillfest and it's over priced, but the atmosphere would be perfect for a meetup

OP here- Phantom bbq thing, been before. insane price for sample sizes. And no go on any rape, im a 32 year old married with 3 kids and have been millitary since I was 18. I dont rape and pretty much cant be raped myself. Just think having a MA meetup would be awesome. Maybe where each brings their signature item? idk

I'd be down, but if probably pick up a favorite dish from a favorite bbq place. I cant cook for shit, although i try. Im safe too in terms of rape. 27 year old father of 2 little girls. Im not all that Veeky Forums just too lazy and frankly disgusted with the notion of rape. Sadly, I'm a degenerate. Unmarried and my chilluns have 2 different moms

If you ever saw the guys in my platoon that come to the house, you would understand "degenerates welcome" haha- shoot me an email

Fall River repin in, I cooked a dead squirrel on George foreman last week, was pretty good

sounds more like a western MA thing to me haha

should I make a separate thread for a MA/NE Veeky Forums get-together? might get some other people interested who passed over this one and don't know about the brainstorming yet

I say go for it

why is there a torn sponge there?

By the way, I'm going to email you, but i need to make a throwaway first. No offence, its just my go-to has my first and last name in it and the other is linked to my facebook. I like to meet people prior to divulging that info. But as Peabodyfag, i pledge we will get something popping

No doubt man, and yeah throwaway email is best email