Remember the best meal you did for yourself?

Remember the best meal you did for yourself?

Probably the best meal I do for myself is my Soup Nazi Mulligatawny. It's all vegetarian except for chicken broth and it's delicious. It's kind of expensive though because of cashews and pistachios.

inb4 tendies or crab legs

I made wonton soup with the dumplings being pork+shrimp, it was like no other wonton soup ive gotten at a chinese place. This was waaaay better. Damn, i want that now.

>Soup Nazi Mulligatawny.
>Nazi

Yep, was super easy too.

Baked salmon with some sweet balsamic vinegar glaze and chopped oregano on top, served with a baked potato and peas

Was cooked right after a heavy quarter. So many emotions that summer night.

Made oxtail soup for the first time and it came out terrific, had some roasted veggies and garlic bread with it. Bonus was the look of horror on my roommates face when he looked in the trash and saw what he thought was a spinal column.

Probably a plate of nachos. I made the nacho cheese myself, put fixings on top of my tortilla and then topped it with my cheese. And finally baked it. Guacamole, salsa, and sour cream on top.

Oh man, I need to make it again.

10/10

The salsa for the relleno was the best, ate it with eggs and stuff for the next week.

it was for myself and a small dinner party
Course 1: Vegetarian chili with rice and crostinis
Course 2: Spinach and mustard green salad with an apple butter/chili paste dressing
Course 3: Pork tenderloin with mustard/carrot veloute on top of quartered roasted red potatoes (for vegetarians, it was a roasted portobello mushroom)
Course 4: Piece of tres leches cake with strawberry syrup

I try to make every meal a great one, so I don't remember, but I just made some chicken and okra

i can make ramen noodlz

The best one that I made for myself only probably was clay pot chicken with potato wedges and red cabbage.

So you didnt quite understood the premises of this thread, its ok.

>didnt
>understood
>its
It's okay.

I did a pork roast in the crock pot the other day.
Had some bomb ass sandwiches

Oh, you're one of these: :"i got too much time and I feel superior-type." Keep going

I could say the same about you, third world phoneposter

You could, but you didn't really looser.
Again, i'm on a tablet

Oh, 1st world country here, whatever that means

Those look good

This right here. Beer battered leeks in a potato cheddar and ale soup.

Leek croutons basically.

Probably was pic related, Heston Blumnethal's Perfect Trifle. Took 2 and a half days to make but definitely one of the best things I've ever eaten.

>perfect
>red directly touching yellow

uhhh. presentation matters. red and yellow don't go together in a desert

holy fucking shit man, impressed that you pulled this off. watched this episode several times.

You understand that i was literally just recreating a dish don't you? "Colors going together" is just a meme that in no way effects taste or flavor, please educate yourself.

looks good man. I wish I was as good with presentation.

Thank you man, I tried to be as accurate to his recipes as I could (getting the same kind of sherry, ordering the same glasses, using the drill to make comfits etc), it was a lot of work but might be the best "perfection" recipe besides the spag bol

Made a gumbo last winter with some dominican sausage (pork heart, pork shoulder, bitter orange, cilantro, oregano) from my local buchter. You know the food is good when you don't get tired of it after a week straight.

>presentation doesn't affect taste or flavor

i beg to differ; patron's experience of the food in all ways affects the taste and flavor.

it doesn't matter if you recreated something, i'm telling you it doesn't look good. red and yellow together instantly looks like pus and blood to anyone with a medical background. should never be done in food, especially not desert.

think about it-- how many desserts can you name that have red and yellow touching? go ahead, i'll wait while you name all 1 of them.

now name a non dessert. other than a hot dog.

Friend, when you have the best restaurant in the world for 3 years in a row and when the BBC comes to you asking for your "perfect " version of classic dishes for a tv show and cookbook series then you will have room to talk; until then you are merely revealing your own ignorance. once again, please educate yourself.

>he thinks Heston Blumenthal, Jocky Petrie, Kyle Conaughton, and Chris Young don't understand desserts

LOL, hello how's your summer vacation gong?

technically speaking, the salmon fillet over creamed spinach topped with crisped salmon skin and salmon roe
taste-wise, probably that one halaszle

Haven't got a pic on me but deffo lamb rack from my family's farm with a garlic butter-esque jous. I steal a few every time we get them slaughtered, it's still pretty expensive straight from it but so fresh.

Lamb rack is literally jizz when done correctly, so fucking tender.

not him but it looks fine to me, delicious even

don't be such a fag

>how many desserts can you name that have red and yellow touching?
Rhubarb crumble and custard.

What do I win?

Do I win too? Please..?

Not a dessert. Better luck next time user.

Your runner up prize is a sausage.