Why arent you consuming 3+ tablespoons of coconut oil daily...

Why arent you consuming 3+ tablespoons of coconut oil daily? It can mitigate hunger cravings and end every ailment known to man and you gain massive amounts of energy during the day.. and it makes your skin and hair shinier etc

The high saturated fat in coconut oil is unique its called MEDIUM CHAIN TRIGLYCERIDES and from what I understand, the body doesnt store as much of it in your fat storage but uses it as a quick energy source and burned up rapidly

Also because its so damn fulfilling you will consume less food and less calories throughout the day because you feel so fucking full

Right now im literally eating close to 10 tablespoons a day I havnt noticed any rapid weight gain it makes you feel good you really got to try it before you knock it

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24150106
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24613207?dopt=Abstract
coconutoil.com/peer_reviewed/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17651080
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-chain_triglyceride
youtube.com/watch?v=aSzOOdQfY9E
medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/placebo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Snek oil

I don't trust it, senpai.

Can you post some peer-reviewed, scientifically-proven documents validating the claim of its benefits?

Mostly because I don't listen to pseudoscience

How does it kill of candida (a fungi) by killing off excess bacteria (bacteria)

How pathetic is your life that you spent 10 minutes on this shitpost just to ruse people on a thai bicycle image board?

>Right now im literally eating close to 10 tablespoons a day

How fat are you? Thats 1170 calories in oil alone.

coconut oil is like one of the most extensive studied substances in the world

and yes theres peer reviewed documents for almost all the health claims

heres a few on alzheimers or some shit

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24150106

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24613207?dopt=Abstract

then heres a bunch more

and even if there wasnt extensive studies, sometimes you got to experiment yourself and ask around about how other people do things because not everything is known yet in the world theres different opinions

for example theres only so much information about the radishes i just ate that i can find on the internet... i would have to actually go talk to radish farmers and i could learn more than the entirety of the internets information on radishes because its such a niche item not commonly consumed

coco oil is anti bacterial naturally

you can clean shit with it better than soap

the thing is fungi ain't bacteria

>Why arent you consuming 3+ tablespoons of coconut oil daily?
I'm not a desperate fatass like you.

anti fungal as well

In 2004, 52 isolates of Candida species were exposed to coconut oil. The most notorious form, Candida albicans, was found to have the highest susceptibility. Researchers remarked: "Coconut oil should be used in the treatment of fungal infections in view of emerging drug-resistant Candida species."

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17651080

Coconut oil is just another fad purported by dumbasses in the health and fitness industry. Suddenly Medium Chain Triglycerides are all the rage.

Again moderation seems to be the most optimal solution to almost every and any general issue ever raised in the health and fitness industry.

>How fat are you?
125 pounds

coconut oil gives you the means to live moderately

if you dont got that fat in you, youre body is gonna crave food endlessly and youll never be relieved you just keep eating and eating

coco oil makes me not want to eat anything like a normal person who takes breaks in between meals

It is the hunger hormones doing that. leptin and ghrelin. Leptin is a hormone, made by fat cells, that decreases your appetite. Ghrelin is a hormone that increases appetite, and also plays a role in body weight.

Even then, how hydrated you are that may affect how hungry you feel or what you are actually eating i.e. vegetable intake.

Fat intake probably has an affect as well, however I wouldn't give coconut oil any kind of praise over other fats, when I'm sure it is like every other fat out there.

>coconut oil

Thats for pleebs. I eat two coconuts a day. I put them in the oven at 450 for 25 min, then crackem open and eat the full thing.

yes the medium chains make it different than other oils , oils are not all the same you can look up the chemical makeup of different oils and they are all very different like different types of acid

Capric,Lauric,Myristic,Palmitic,Stearic,Oleic,Linoleic,Alpha,Linolenic

coconut oil is mostly linoleic acid
with the only oil coming anywhere close to the amount in coconut oil is palm oil which is practically the same tree the coconut comes from or a relative lol?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-chain_triglyceride

Molecular weight analysis[3] of milk from different species showed that while milk fats from all studied species were primarily composed of long-chain fatty acid (16 and 18 carbons long), approximately 10-20% of the fatty acids in milk from horses, cows, sheep, and goats were medium chain fatty acids.
Some studies have shown that MCTs can help in the process of excess calorie burning, thus weight loss.[4][5][6][7][8] MCTs are also seen as promoting fat oxidation and reduced food intake.

are you being facetious or do you really believe what that image is telling you

because I'm not an idiot who falls for these meme diets

>linking to coconut oil.com
surely they wouldn't cherry pick the studies.
I want to believe coconut oil is awesome.
you are doing nothing but being a giant red flag against it. Post the scientific literature or shove off.

no im not believing it im testing it myself and using the oil for a variety of things including shampoo and soap and cooking and appetite control and probably more things in the future as i find good utility

>Post the scientific literature or shove off.

its all there on that website it provides direct links to your high authority peer review club "pubmeds" you guys believe in

You know you're on to something when the shills won't reply to your posts with proof.

dude i just posted dozens of studies how is that not proof do you want me to copy and paste them all one by one ? fuck that

its fucking pubmed science literature you simply dont want the truth of the simplicity found therein in the oil to do amazing things

have you ever heard the phrase "too good to be true"

why arent you activating your almonds

>not using activated almond oil

no
shit makes awesome toothpaste too

i forgot to say that i use it for toothpaste

i dont think ill ever get a cavity

because i dont want to wait overnight and theyre too expensive for me

if i was rich i would snack on macedamias all day

cuz the fat content is high

perhaps you're right. i was foolish to turn a blind eye to the world of possibilities that rubbing straight up grease in my hair and allowing it to solidify could open up. perhaps what i need is to loosen up my wallet and take a deep, penetrating dive into the nearest whole foods

no you just use it as a base for a shampoo and it stays liquid in warm water duhh

taking it internally also benefits your hair also

people put it in their dogs food bowl to substantiate their coat

that's not a shampoo
shampoo strips hair of oils

you're coating your hair in a fucking oil and really you shouldn't have any reason to be doing so unless you have black hair

because it makes it grow better and look shinier and is a better natural alternative to chemical shampoos..............

how is that not a good reason

hair is dead. the topical application of coconut oil is not going to change/influence new hair growth. it's purely a placebo. medically assessed and reviewed formulas also aren't the efforts of the evil, conspiring soybean lobby in poisoning your all natural vegan lifestyle

purely a placebo that chemical shampoo makes my hair feel like plastic and coconut oil shampoo makes it luscious and beautiful

people are just crazy and seeing things except you the rational one

youtube.com/watch?v=aSzOOdQfY9E

>Hey guys, why aren't you eating 120g of saturated fat a day like me? I read on this paleo blog that coconut oil is super healthy. It's completely healthy and natural to eat the saturated fat equivalent equivalent of 4 fast food burgers a day because some of the aliphatic chains in coconut oil are shorter than those found in other sources of saturated fat and that probably means something good, I guess.

>I guess.

except for all the peer reviewed studies

The ones you seem unable to provide?

Even if there were studies showing benefits to MCT oils, the only thing the could possibly prove is that they're not as bad for you as other saturated fats. ALL vegetable oils are junk food and negatively impact endothelial function and that includes coconut oil.

its almost as if people have different hair types and likewise, different shampoos are composed of different ingredients.

medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/placebo

which appear to be overwhelmingly positive.
it couldn't be that they're getting paid to say that

>being a jessica fag
explains so much
the only way you could be even more retarded is if you liked yoona or sunny

coconut is a fruit not a vegetable

and its good for you

its just the remains from cold pressed coconuts...

do you avoid olive oil too? squeezing olives together and drinking the juice must be terrible for you

nobody is getting paid shit all the people ive seen that use coco oil are doing it for their own good and purposes independently

>olive oil
>squeezing olives together and drinking the juice

thats what it is

its not a "junk food"

do you eat olives and consider them a health food? well youre getting plenty of their natural oils when you eat them too

i could instead of taking coconut oil just eat fresh coconut all day and itd be just as satisfying and beneficial

just because something is naturally occurring doesn't mean it's good for you
i could eat asbestos, which is natural, that doesn't make it good for me.

>i could instead of taking coconut oil just eat fresh coconut all day and itd be just as satisfying and beneficial
>beneficial
brace yourself for the impact of nutrtional deficiencies and diapered oily shits

>its not a "junk food"

Whole olives are good for you, just like whole avocados and whole coconuts are good for you. Extracting and consuming the oil while discarding the rest is not.

If you eat a tablespoon of pure coconut oil or eat the equivalent amount via whole coconut meat, your body responds in different ways, just like it responds differently to eating a pound of cherries instead of drinking just the juice. There are no processed or isolated oils that are good for your body, only those that aren't as bad as others.

i disagree with your theories

the juice from fruit contains the nutrients.............. when people use juicers to juice vegetables and fruit they get all the nutrients and are discarding mostly fiber which is nutritionally nothing

i agree its better to consume whole foods but in the oil form its just more versatile and available

youll probably pay like 3$-5$ a coconut in the store if you want to get the benefits of coconut that way... or if you have a bunch of palm trees in your backyard

most people dont have access to that

like i said theres nothing about the cold pressed isolated oil that makes it any less healthy because by eating the coconuts you also get the oil in the bite and your digestive system will do the seperating of the oil instead of the press lmao

>when people use juicers to juice vegetables and fruit they get all the nutrients and are discarding mostly fiber which is nutritionally nothing

>125 pounds
Are you a grill?
Please respond

>cracking it open
>not just eating it whole, skin included
I love me some coconut skin, tastes goodman

I bet he doesn't even eat emu meatballs either

I've looking for a new food meme. Think I'll go with this one

>Hurduss you all dumb for not using cocnut oil
>hurr im smart and healthy HURRR!!

>10 tablespoons of coconut oil daily

have fun packing on pounds by consuming 1000 calories from fucking OIL

>not using cannabis infused coconut oil or olive oil tincture

because that sounds fucking gross

i'm not gonna eat spoonfuls of oil just because some retard fresh out of community college tells me to

>Why arent you consuming _________? It can mitigate hunger
More news at 11

>lowers cholesterol
>while being 87% saturated fat
I know coconut oil has some good things going for it but this is just bullshit.

im pretty sure its one of the cases where
>X does Y
actually means
>X contains a non-zero trace amount of stuff that is tangentially related to Y
whereas it would be only interesting if
>X and only X contains a significant amount of stuff which is directly related to Y

not OP, but it does make for a good deep conditioner for your hair to prevent future split ends.
Sadly OP is an idiot and uses it like pomade

>nobody is getting paid shit

except for all the people vitacoco is paying to shill coconut oil to the masses