Why doesn't this board give a shit about stocks anymore?

Why doesn't this board give a shit about stocks anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

mrmoneymustache.com/2012/05/29/how-much-do-i-need-for-retirement/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

to make money on the stock market you have to already be wealthy

this is the millenial generation. the only ones here who aren't poor are early crypto adopters pretty much

i care but i only buy index funds on a set ratio, rebalancing quarterly. it's all a part of an established plan and it's not really fun to discuss, although it does make me a lot of money.

Because you're a faggot and touch yourself at night

>oh wow i made 4% on my 10k investment this year! thats a cool 400$ but not to worry ill reinvest it and it will compound!! within 40 years ill have made literally tens of thousands of dollars!!

ahaha!! retirement at 65 here i come! sorry you lame crypto losers, slow and steady wins the race!!

I made more money in crypto in 3 months than my entire living family has made in stocks throughout their entire lives... including 401k.

I'll talk about stocks once it matters again.

retirement -
buy ven
generate Thor
sell Thor for VEN
generate Thor
sell Thor for VEN

it's that simple but mongloids will miss it because they can't comprehend simple and choose hard

>why don't you invest in an over bought, bloated and old financial market.

Maybe because all the money to be made has been made, gains from shares will only reduce in the future as more and more mugs put their life savings into cheap index funds and the prices become more and more inflated vs actual value of company. In 20 yrs people will be getting 0.5% after inflation and tax on shares and will be chirping about how great it is and how you hold for 50yrs you can live in a hut off the dividends.

Crypto is our future, it's not been bloated to irrelevancy.

>thinking stock gains are per annum not per diem

how much wealth do i need to acquire so i can just sit on it for the rest of my life letting my divs pays everything i need?
i heard 20x of my living costs?

idk if 401k is social security but ss is a scam
not only can you get better roi investing the money yourself, you're basically just paying off the debt the government owes your granny and you're never actually going to see any of that money lol
if you still earn an 'income' you're literally a slave

they're all too busy fapping over their fake blockchain anime girls

whoever owns etherwaifu.co can't even manage a fuckin exit scam properly, that place is dead

hot potatoes are over man. the internet is over. it's like that film

>what are dividends

fpbp

btcmania struck... easy money, more gains, unregulated.

I wish more people were into stocks here... anyone remember the Veeky Forums games on the market watch website?

20x you could probably scrape by. i'm going for 40x or so because I want to buy more cars in retirement. already own my home.

mrmoneymustache.com/2012/05/29/how-much-do-i-need-for-retirement/

It never did this board was created for crypto

>thinking that this is still a feasible way to retire early

Why do you think all those fags run blogs? They got lucky with the post 08 house boom and stock boom. Do you really think everyone can do that and the system will still work?

Deluded

Because the risk adjusted return for stocks is SHIT and is even worse for bonds.

The truth of reality is that all things in life eventually collapse into nothing - the entirety of all systems is a bubble. The universe will eventually run out of gas and return to 0 but you can be sure that the stock market and the US govt will return to 0 far sooner.

Whereas the lifespan for an individual is about 80 years, for a conglomerate it's about 200, and for a nation-state about 500. When you invest into the US stock market, you're betting on the assumption that the US economy is going to outlast your lifespan. This is a good assumption to make when you're living in a new and fast growing regime, but once the growth stops then you're shit out of luck. 8% returns on the stock market is the payout you get for the variance (risk) you take on. But this payout does NOT include the eventual black-swan system ending event.

Just a few weeks ago we saw the XIV inverse volatility index collapse into nothingness in a black-swan event fashion and this XIV index is a good allegory for the stock market. 99.99% of the time the stock market is going to be around, but the .001% when it shits the fan you've lost it all.

Now you compare the risk adjusted return for cryptocurrency as a whole (not an individual shitcoin). The ecosystem is brand new and developing at a rapid pace. When you buy a shitcoin, you're once again betting that you'll outlive the asset class. And with crypto, that's a very easy assumption to make.

Tl;dr Trump elected for US president. If that's not a canary in a coal mine, I don't know what is.

>Do you really think everyone can do that
barely anyone is doing it. most people are idiots and spend most of their money. i'm aiming for $2m, then i'll probably quit my job. 6 years from now if all goes well.

not solely for crypto.. go check the sticky

Nigger this board's entire purpose was to contain crypto shilling to another board.

Fuck off stock fags you are 2nd rate citizens

invest most of my savings into ETFs and trade them for 2% weekly. No stress of losing thousands every day. I do trade crypto, but am ok with losing everything since I only invested a few thousand, a tiny percentage of my portfolio..

go re-read the sticky

275% annual returns is a bit harder than you think

I look forward to reading your blog as you desperately shill affiliate links fag.

>yeah no I'm so free from making money it's great. I pretty much spend all day making huge batches of frozen food with my heating and lights off, planning my one holiday of the year currently which I can't go on until the plane tickets come super reduced. Jokes on you though because I'm not at work I can keep refreshing the travel website, such is life on my 20k a year dividends, fucking wagecucks amiright. Oh don't forget to use my links to sign up for investments and stuff it worked me, even during this bull market look at my luxury life of never leaving my house other than to run, running is great isn't it, and it's free. Imagine wasting money on a gym hahaha, also exercise cures depression that's why I'm really happy I promise.

Kys

except you're retarded
you can only go down to 0% but there is no limit to how high you can go, that in itself makes stocks/investments the best gambles in the world.

Go learn the reason this board exists you 2nd rate citizen

lol you so mad... if you dont like the thread then you should leave, either that or find some proof and post it here and prove us all wrong instead of acting childish

that's why i want $2m saved so i can safely withdraw $60k+/year. i don't want to try to retire on $600k and eek by at $24k a year. i've been eyeing a new bmw 340 btw :)

>
>except you're retarded
>you can only go down to 0% but there is no limit to how high you can go, that in itself makes stocks/investments the best gambles in the world.

That sounds a lot like crypto and nothing like stocks. Stocks crash after going a few x and then take decades to recover. Crypto goes 1000x and then crashes and within a couple months in higher than precrash.

the jews rule the stock market, nothing goes up unless the king jews say it's okay. cryptos are not that bad yet.

>safely withdraw

You know that's a meme right? Look at anyone who writes those blogs, they've all made money from either shares or property since 08. They are all delusional and when the crash happens they will shill their shit even more to desperately keep their life. Even the mega rich find actual ways to make money. Passive income a meme. Do you really think you can do nothing and get a massive salary every year.

I'm in the same boat and want at least 2m... honestly when I get old I will still probably work a part time job just to stay active. I have seen to many old men die within a year or so after they retire.... something about not being needed any longer takes its toll on them.

Lemme know how that works out after your investment returns to nothing and you're back wagecucking again

Because it takes a lifetime for an average normie wageslave to profit from stockmarket.

With cryptos you play with even odds, and when you dyor you have good chances for a nice profit.

i don't really disagree with anything you're saying. i've already got a big chunk saved, i just want to stop working in the corporate world. i'll probably try something else that's a bit more flexible once i retire.

same, i get bored on my days off.. i'd still want to find something to do (for money or not).

Yep. That's why I took half my IRA into crypto. Probably won't live to 60 anyway

thanks, i will. stay poor nigger

dividends are overrated

I just own $AMZN

no dividends, no problem

if you're suggesting that crypto will go to nothing, yeah i agree except for the king. i'm referring to retirement on real after-tax dollarinos

stocks are gonna freefall... traditional markets are propped up by zero interest lending... those days are coming to a close

You're not retiring anytime soon.

Enjoy stopping work at 80 and moving into a state care home, sitting in your own shit while lashawnda films you for worldstar

lol, cryptos are worse

>You're not retiring anytime soon.
:( but i already saved a lot, this is disappointing to hear

fpbp tbqh