R8 my potatoes

r8 my potatoes

nice

what kind and how long did you bake them. + seasonings?

I'm shit at making potatoes I don't know why :(

Time, its all about time. And seasoning.

maris piper

350 degrees F, about an hour i think. salt, pepper, minced garlic, dry parsley and thyme

that's very helpful

oh and the fat was a mix of olive oil (not EV) and butter

Not OP but

>slice potatoes how you like them
>par boil until soft but still slightly firm
>make coating of seasoned oil (I use salt/pepper/paprika)
>coat the potatoes in it
>lay on an oven tray and roast for half an hour (varies slightly with size)
>turn them over half way through

perfect golden crispy potatoes

thanks, m8

Glad I could help. You can always buy them precooked, I do, and spice them up.

lack some herbs but they look nice/10

This. The boiling helps immensely for a crispy outside and nice fluffy interior

i didn't parboil the ones in op. i do for british roast potatoes though.

We can tell, they look shit.

they look better than most here. Quit projecting. Since you say they look like shit, what would you think would look good? Let's see.

pot8o/10

They look pretty dank to me user. Would eat

Do we get a recipe/instructions?

You're fucking full of it.
Those taters are dank.

damn that looks good

Those are some very sexy potatoes, OP.
10/10 would spread my creamy dip all over them.

>projecting

nice meme

It's fucking effortless to make potatoes twice as good as OP's, you can tell looking at them they're barely crispy and not soft in the middle

I mean if you like them that way, then whatever. But you guys have shit taste. This isn't michelin star difficulty food, seriously

gr8 b8 m8. I r8 it 8/pot8

When you say creamy dip, you mean?

I'm drunk so rull fucking good. I would eat the shit out of those. Home fries are my number 1 potato dish, then au gratin, then mashed, then fried, and fuck all else.
>protip
>home fries, make em
>add lawry's seasoning
>eat em
>profit

I like to boil them with salt so they catch flavor (for a lot of you people it might seem obvious, maybe, but I came across a lot of people who would just add everything on as the topping and nothing else). I remove them when they are about to be done. If the exterior of the potato is too cooked in comparison to the center, you can lower the heat of the water adding ice to it or cold water. Alternatively, if you what to stop the from coockin too much, just add them in a place where you can let them cool and also seperate them so the exterior cool faster. Then I smash them of scratch them with a fork to add more surface area, add polenta, oregano, salt, pepper, sunflower oil, and to the oven for a shiton of time because my oven is a pussy to reach high temps even when you preheat it.

Alternatively, put them in the oven, cook them, open the oven, smash in whatever you are cooking them in, close the oven.

If you want more crispiness to it, remove humidity from the oven. If you think you've cooked them for too long to the point they are mushy, open the oven a little bit, increase the heat and they will brown faster. Add humidity to the oven if you want to let them cook for longer without burning. Alternatively, lower the heat.

That's how I will do them tomorrow. I'll probably experiment with differents topping, but I'm a lazy fuck to cook, so that's unlikely. Just experiment however you want.

Looks tuber-delicious little spud.

>>par boil until soft but still slightly firm

Don't do this. They shouldn't be soft.

Fuck I'm hungry.