What's for dinner?

Other urls found in this thread:

seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/10/black-olive-tapenade-french-recipe.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No pic because i ate it 2 hours ago, but I made a double cheeseburger with jalapenos, red onion and smokey barbeque sauce. Was very good considering the low effort.

>peeling and seeding veg
Fucking pleb. I bet you don't use it for stock or compost either.

>peeling and seeding veg

Did you even look at the picture? Even if you took everything else away that pepper would be food gore material just on it's own.

Wings

Sirloin tip bottom
Chuck steak top
Grilled. Chuck was medium, sirloin was medium well. Was juicy but I almost choked to death on the chuck.

Grilled random shit, potatoes are in the coals.

Where's the sear my man?

Low charcoal. Didn't happen.

>planned on pulled pork
>buy pork shoulder butt from butcher
>last night start trimming before seasoning
>discover butcher sold me 2 piece rib/loin roast instead of shoulder after shaving off most of fat
>contact butcher, told they don't sell shoulder, despite they telling me twice that it was when I bought it
Fucking cunts! Not so much as an apology, for literally committing fraud.

Since the pork would have needed to start around 4 am, I ended up reheating chicken fried rice tonight. Went to a competent butcher and got a real pork shoulder.

went to the lake with couple of friends once. one of them invited his brother in law. the three of us all worked in a meat market, so we cut our own steaks to take. buddy offered to cut steak for his bro-in-law, but he said his wife had already picked up some awesome steaks.

so we get out there, bust out the grill and pull out the food. me and the one guy had beautiful thick prime ribeyes. other one with the brother in law had a bacon wrapped fillet.

the poor brother in law schlub just looked like a kicked dog as the wife pulled out their chuck and pork steak.

how did you not know what you were getting on sight? pork loin roast looks entirely different.

Well it was in a vacuum sealed bag and pretty damn big, and it kind of looked right from the non-loin side. I don't work with larger chunks of meat very often so I have to trust the butcher has some degree of integrity.

Made chicken piccata cuz ezpz lemon caper sheezy

What in the world kind of meat is that and why is the plate wet?

Could you tell me the brand of salam you used?

Most people don't recognize pieces of meat. That's understandable. Personally, I like using the rib end of a boneless pork loin for pulled pork rather than a pork (shoulder) butt.

Why didn't you peel the fruit?

A mere bean and cheese burrito, with Franks Hot Sauce

Have you never had a kiwi? It's slippery as fuck if you take off the skin.

The skin is venomous

The skin us where made nutrients are, some people are allergic to them though

Poltronieri

so... it bites you?

Only if you're a naughty avocado

Friends came over and we made okonomiyaki

Freaking tasty

Good thing that Kiwi don't have a method of getting into my bloodstream

Cut the kiwi in half and eat each half with a spoon. Much easier/cleaner.

What the fuck is this

Looks like a tampenade: Looks like a tapenade: seriouseats.com/recipes/2015/10/black-olive-tapenade-french-recipe.html very tasty. I'd wager the meat is tuna, the wet is juice from the peppers.

what's your batter recipe, is that corn?

I let the love of my life walk out the door today without saying anything and currently feel completely hollow inside and have lost my appetite so probably nothing desu senpai.

Any decent human would distance themselves from some hipster fuck who keeps using weaboo honorifics for no reason. Good for him.

>not knowing about filters

sure is summer in here baka desu senpai

The filters have been here for probably close to a year now. People are doing it ironically at this point.

There's some corn in there as well yea. It's mainly flour eggs and stock (the lazy kind with Knorr blocks), and cabbage chopped pretty small. Heck we even threw in some crushed tortilla chips for the extra crunch

Look up Osaka-Style Okonomiyaki From 'Japanese Soul Cooking', it's basically that recipe. Of course you can use whatever toppings you like

Grilled cheese made with italian bread, and coke

Setup the charcoal last night for my smoking run, and got up at 3:00 am today to light the fuse.

Pulled my seasoned butt out of the fridge. Butt was a little floppy so I tied it together.

8 hours later at a steady 250 about 3/4 of the charcoal was gone, and the butt was looking like a napalm victim. Topped up the charcoal and took the temperature. A few more hours to go.

I tried making rice and felt like adding a tuna can but I think something went wrong

Somehow manages to have the consistency of neither rice or tuna.

I ate scrambled eggs with smoked salmon and wholemeal bread to it

Roasted corn, hot dogs made from beef brisket on wheat buns, tortilla chips with chile con queso, steamed broccoli.

Might take a picture later.

That right there is a learning opportunity.

>couple of almonds on the plate

m8 what are you dong

m8

where's meat?

Do you mean those olives?

'za with 'chup

Chicken turned out OK. Veg was a little old tho. 5/10 was perfectly average.

That looks council house tier

Making a basic chili. Still got many hours of simmering to go.

This looks very good. Could you briefly describe everything right of the red peppers?

Sunday brunch, I guess I will make this an habit since who the fuck wants to cook on a Sunday?

And a passion fruit lemonade, personal favourite

looks real comfy. why's it on your floor?

And you seriously only put tuna, rice, and water in there? Wtf man?

Goat cheese, cave cheese, sourdough rye w/ sunflower seeds, butter, liverwurst and cucmber slices, Poltronieri air dried salami. The goat cheese is the only thing that isn't organic.

I'm glad I asked. Thanks.

I would eat this.

they fucked up the eggs tho, you cant find good eggs anywhere
other than that it was fine, typical brunch you get in a nice place that looks really nice but has subpar food

The meat and cheese are kind of expensive. But I use them sparingly. The biggest thing is the mozzarella, and that's the cheap cow's milk kind, maybe a buck's worth of it. The bread is home made, fresh, and cut in thick slices. But what makes the meal is the salad dressing with white balsamico, self imported extra vergine olive oil, rough salt flakes, and freshly ground pepper. That oil just takes it home.

Tonight I'm making Shawarma with chicken, parsley, garlic, and hummus.

Leftover rice and beans, discount slice apple pie, chocolate milk.

Tomorrow is steak, potatoes, and the rest of a head of bok choy in garlic and onions. Day after is going to be lemon chicken with potatoes and zucchini.

It looks like someone already ate it.

I call it Spanish Shrimp and Grits. Grilled shrimp and chorizo sofrito over grilled polenta topped with manchego cheese.

Mimosa?

Polenta without sauce? Won't that be a bit dry?

Anyway, it looks great. Definitely hungry now.

My only table got busted when I fell on it last night. Day off tomorrow, gonna get a slightly sturdier one. And thanks, it was pretty comfy. Didn't do the yorkie from scratch tho if that wasn't obvious, couldn't be bothered.

The sofrito under the shrimp has onions, garlic, tomatoes, chorizo, a splash of red wine and some sherry vinegar which kept it from drying out too much. Although I think I made the polenta a little too thick this time.

>Shawarma with chicken, parsley, garlic, and hummus.
Okay then. I just want to say: If you're from Lebanon, I am so sorry.

I used unleavened white wheat rolled out thin and baked on a pizza stone.

Forgot to buy lemons.

Fried chicken, flatbread, parsley, garlic, oil, hummus, lemonlike acid

wrap it

Enjoy

looks good

Thank you. Was good, too. A bit dry around the edges maybe. Next time I'll use pizza dough again. Or I'll try Naan.

Left to right, sweet potato home fries with an egg, a shitload of collard greens, bread with some hummus. I recently went vegetarian, still trying to relearn to cook.

Rice topped with chili garlic sauce (the chunky kind, not sriracha) and only the finest King Oscar sardines. Kale sauteed with garlic and balsamic vinegar, and some leftover black beans. Water with fresh squeezed lemon juice.

What do you think, Veeky Forums?

canned tuna donburi. Really hit the spot despite how it looks. I might try adding peas next time.

wow.

What's the green stuff. I can't tell if it's broccoli or parsley and is that hummus or garlic mayo?

Are you special?

>mfw chink

i eat the kiwi skins. i contracted malaria at the end of a stint in east africa and when i got home i ate only kiwi fruit for like two days before vomiting up all the skins, most painful experience i've had in ages, but the sick looked like fucking camo pattern it was awesome.

>all this inspo in one thread

I'm so glad when threads on this godforsaken board are nice and useful. Makes up for all the shit in the other 80% of its content

>brunch

My fucking man. Brunch was the greatest revelation my 22 year old self had after moving to the city.

Looks classy, though I don't understand what the carrot would be doing there.

Provide some texture?

Are those top sliced buns?

did you cooked it for a week or something

Make sure to obtain iron and B vitamins, user.

yes

Beer, taters, steak, dippy eggs, sunflower seeds and grilled onions.

I'm making something special, just for Veeky Forums. But won't be posting till later, just started on the prep.

How are grilled yellow plantains?

I bought some and I've been looking up recipes, but all the recipes I'm seeing are using black plantains.