Indian_food.jpg

>indian_food.jpg
>OMG I love Indian food! It's so delicious I can eat it until I explode LMAO! I need to get the recipe so I can cook this stuff at home!
>--------
>vegetarian_thali.jpg
>Ugh, WTF, why are those crazy vegans always shoving their agenda down our throats? I'm gonna be hungry later, steak, have you heard of it? LMAO give it to me still mooing!

Same image, two different file names. Same lack of rational thought.

Why do people get so triggered by having vegetarian food for one meal? It's not even full vegan, there's ghee and stuff in there.

I wouldn't know because I'm not white

I can go a week without meat and I won't even notice

Idk.
I'm a total omnivore, I'll eat (or at least try) any food, from fruits and veg to insects, to testicles, to steak, to sea urchin, you get my point.
But I eat meatless meals several times a week, just because I like keeping things balanced, plus it's cheap.
I actually went to a vegetarian Indian buffet for lunch today. Fucking delicious. I wanted to skip meat today because I spent the last two days munching on smoked brisket.
I guess a lot of people are too insecure and feel they are somehow threatened by other's food choices. (??)

There's nothing wrong with vegetarian/vegan meals. there's something wrong with seeking out vegan food specifically BECAUSE it's vegan.

Might be a poverty thing. If you grew up eating first world poor people food (packaged garbage, boxed meal mixes, junk food, soda, etc) meat is pretty much the only time you feel physically satisfied from eating.

You almost never meet a vegetarian who isn't at least middle class and it gets more common the wealthier the person's background. Those are people who have had the luxury to try new things. The consequences of choosing something to eat that either wasn't to your taste, or wasn't satisfying, are basically trivial. For a poor person it's a disaster because there went your budget for the week.

When sanitation isn't an issue, Indian food is fantastic. Where did you get the idea that people think well cooked food sucks because of the ingredients used? Oh wait. I think you already know the answer to that.

Here, I'll be less unclear for you since I'm not sure if you're baiting and really aren't very smart: the majority of people are diet inclusive, not diet exclusive. Hence, they tend to eat what tastes good. Most people don't get "triggered" by food that tastes good. Do you? Anyway, Indian cuisine is very complex and delicious. Dork.

Look as a white (or filthy slav, your call), I don't give a shit, I know full well I'm about to ruin my asshole regardless.

I worked in a homeless shelter for a year. And while I didn't meat (har har) them personally (night shift) I did hear some wonderful gossip about a vegan family that stayed with us. The gossip wasn't much, just the general "holy shit you're in a homeless shelter and you're refusing to eat because bla bla blah".

Which is odd, because the usual picky eater in the shelter only ate pizza, nuggets (I'm being serious), and threw bitchfits at me for not serving them breakfast like a Victorian butler.

I have never been to an Indian restaurant, they were never that common where I lived.

There is one near me now and I feel like I should go try it.

Any recommendations outside of like tikki masala or butter chicken?

I'll probably just end up going a bunch of times and go through the menu anyway.

You know how most restaurants are shit?

Same is true for all nationalities

aloo paratha is good for an app

palak paneer is probably my favorite, a spinach and cheese dish. i also like tandoori chicken with tamarind sauce, it's like an indian bbq dish.

for dessert get gulab jamun.

Samosa
Dosa
Mutton Rogan Josh
Wazwan, if you can find it. Bunch of assorted meat dishes sampled.
Dhokla
Tandoori Chicken
Bengali Fish Curry
Potato Paranthas
Rasgulla
Gulab Jamun

POO

Thali's lovely stuff at the right places.

i always worry about the left hand of the chef

at least here in america, we are brought up to feel like it isn't dinner unless there is meat somewhere. It's usually the largest part of the meal too but that is fading away with rising prices and concerns over obesity

you can get away with oatmeal for breakfast or a salad for lunch but dinner needs dat meat senpai

Some cultures have or have had a system whereby meat = wealth and nutrition. The more meat you eat, the more wealthy and powerful you are. It can also be seen as somewhat "American" in parts of the US too. I think it's decreasing in Western parts of the world, as education about meat consumption has lead to younger people adopting a more balanced diet.

I would start off with an order of garlic naan. Papadam. Get the thali dinner. Chicken tikka masala's good for a first entree. So is just chicken tikka (kebab).

Don't forget to order a mango lassi.

So true. Get that delicious lassi.

Make sure to talk to the waitstaff if you're not a friend of spicy food. They're used to dealing with American mouths, and will help you out.

True words.

Also, that little dish of fennel seeds and pink/white/yellow sprinkles by the door is like a mint tray. Just get a pinch of it after dinner and eat it. It deals with any weird aftertaste feels.

whenever you go tell the server the exact same thing you just posted but ask for what their favorite is.

Asking the server is about as useful as asking strangers on the Internet.

Thali is a nice spread to get to know a lot of different curries/dishes at once

the best meat dish is IMO lamb skewers from the tandoori oven

Do meat thalis exist though?

To some extent this is a fairly short and accurate description. I've had plenty of vegan meals, I know nice normal vegans who just choose to not eat meat.

It becomes a problem once you try to be all smug and pretentious and superior about it. Same goed for a pot of other things: religion, "healthy lifestyle" bullshit, working out, etc

It's not that people are triggered by vegetarian food, it's that they're triggered by vegetarians and the idea of actively avoiding meat. I eat plenty of dishes without meat but I rarely give it any thought. It's odd that you'd make that many dishes though and none of them containing meat.

the difference is vegans try to veganize everything and talk condescendingly about how muxh better it is or how you wont even be able to taste the difference
>vegan chili
>vegan burger
>vegan hotdog
>vegan steak

i just want to have lunch and not be bombarded by some propaganda so ill go to the indian place

Plebs work out. I train. And thanks to discipline and no small amount of knowledge I'm in better shape than anyone posting here, by an order of magnitude

But user, this is the kind of overreaction I mean. Vegans don't eat ghee. You didn't even notice it was meatless until someone pointed it out.

I've heard more hysterical rants about invisible vegans than I've heard "preaching" from actual vegans.